“Terrible Management! Don't get screwed!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Addison
Fort Worth, Texas
“Terrible Management! Don't get screwed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was supposed to stay here for a conference. I arrived at noon to check in and they told me that my room wasn't ready yet but they had pre blocked me for a room. After 6 hours and 4 attempts to check in they began letting us know (about 50 fellow conference attenders) that they let another group extend their stays so they wouldn't honor our reservations and sent us down the street. This was a big deal since our conference was at this hotel and we could not go to our rooms to catch up on email during breaks. Do not stay here! They could not provide any explanation on why they let others extend when we had rooms booked. I'm an IHG rewards member and won't stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Willypep,

I am deeply sorry for the displeasure you experienced with our hotel. I completely understand the frustrations you experienced on this unforeseeable circumstance. I would like to discuss this further with you if you would contact me at your earliest convenience, that would be appreciated.

pwilliams@cpaddison.com
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Pool and workout closed at 11:00pm sharp... Got kicked out of a completely full fitness facility which left a very bad taste in my mouth. The hotel is dated. The dinner buffet was $30 and way over priced. Finally the rooms had a very strong musty smell

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Scott S,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay with us. I am so sorry for the issues you had while staying with us and I will look into the issues you have brought up. I will also reevaluate the hours of our workout facilities to see if we can better adjust them to accommodate more guests.

Paige Williams
Assistant Front Office Manager.
Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here 3 nights for a conference and weekend getaway. The service from everyone we interacted with was good (front desk, restaurant, bar area). The rooms are older but they have new TVs and a small refrigerator. The view out our window was of the windows of the next building but I doubt any rooms had a better view. The pool looked nice but I only spent about 10 minutes there because the weather was cloudy. The breakfast buffet was decent but overpriced in my opinion (16 bucks) for what you get. The sandwiches and burgers we ordered for dinner were good and cost about what I'd expect.
My only complaints would be that the bed was uncomfortable and noticeably sagged. No idea how old it was but I'd assume several years. The bathroom was clean but the shower hardware was difficult to get working. I suspect that there isn't a maintenance solution to that other than replacing with new. There is a sign pointing to the ice machine on the 4th floor but the ice machine wasn't there. I went to the same spot on the 3rd floor to find ice.
Overall, our stay was good. We got a discount on the room and frankly, I think that the discounted rate is what the place is really worth. While the location is good, there are newer hotels closer to the action that I would pay the premium for.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Steven B,

We greatly appreciate your feedback from your stay with us. I am happy to hear that your interactions with our staff was pleasant. We take pride in our friendly staff. I will work with my team to get more accurate signs placed. We hope to see you back soon and with better weather.

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just stayed one night but wish it had been longer. The pool area and hot tub are very, very nice and inviting. Staff was great, lobby and public areas pretty, location is super convenient. The only downside, and it is minor, is that the hotel could use a little updating. The main example of "out of date" is that there are no plugs or USB ports next to the beds for charging phones - a recent "necessity" for most people it seems. But all in all a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Susch,

Thank you so much for the great review. I will have my team reevaluate our electric outlets to see if we are able to make accessibility more convenient for future guests. I hope you are able to come back for longer than a day next time to fully relax with us!

Assist Front Office Manager
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Crowne Plaza is very close to 'restaurant row', the Galleria, and plenty of major highways. While it is not the newest hotel in the world, the attention to quality is evident everywhere. The meals are very good (try the bread pudding for dessert), rooms are spacious and clean, pool & exercise rooms are kept up nicely, and (while they won't admit to offering this service) my wonderful housekeeper came along each evening with a small chocolate and a bottle of water; nice touch! The front desk staff has been very helpful and I would definitely stay here again; whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear lovesthedeals,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay wit us. The bread pudding is my favorite as well! We hope to see you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in town.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. You can surely tell its dated but the maintenance at the hotel is in tip-top shape. It is a very large hotel and very quiet which we liked. We were given a double queen upon arrival and quickly had the staff change it to the standard king. Only downside to our trip was the hot tub wasn't heating and/or jets weren't working. After we told the front desk they had it fixed very quickly. I would also recommend keeping the pool area open 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear CodieJoe,

Thank you so much for such a complementary review and the 5-star rating! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was able to accommodate your room type preference as well as getting the hot tub working for you. We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Kellea Collier
Director of Operations
Arab, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I recently stayed at this hotel and found the hotel to be very nice. The public areas were well maintained and were a great place for social interaction. The front desk staff were very courteous and did everything in their power to quickly process arrival and answer any questions.
Upon entering the room I found that my room had plenty of space but the room was starting to show signs of age. The stucco ceiling in my room was starting to peel in a couple of areas, and the bathroom was dated. However, these things were minor issues, since the hotel was in an area where I felt comfortable, with a lot of food choices within a couple of miles.
The Texas sized pool was not all that it was cracked up to be. Yes, it was larger than a normal pool but not what I consider resort sized. The exercise room was adequate, but again I felt comfortable walking in the area instead of on a treadmill, so I enjoyed that,
As for sleep quality, I found the room to be quiet and the bed was comfortable, so rest was good.
I would definitely stay at this hotel if ever in the area again..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear lwalker1967,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us and your personal experience! I am excited to hear that the Front Office staff was courteous and efficient in getting you checked in. I am disappointed to hear that the pool and your room were not as you expected but I look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Kellea Collier
Director of Operations

Been to Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison? Share your experiences!