“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Addison
Baltimore, Maryland
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We recently traveled to Dallas to attend a family reunion. Arriving late, I was greeted by a very pleasant young man. Our rooms were ready and we moved in. My teenagers were hungry of course and we noticed on the room service menu you could order 2 pizzas, 2 orders of wings and 2 pitchers of cola for a very affordable price. It was delivered quickly and was very good. My husband who is originally from Buffalo is a wing snob and those wings got his approval, crispy with just the right amount of heat. The pizza was really good and was devoured.
The hotel was recently renovated and is beautiful. The pool area on the 2nd floor was large and very nice.
Located very close are many eating establishments, be sure you try Spring Creek for BBQ.
Large, clean rooms, attentive staff and a great breakfast buffett.
Enjoy your stay. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In the bathroom, they have a sign that says, "The small things make all the difference" and as a first time customer to a Crowne Plaza hotel, I say they really need to follow this slogan because currently they are coming up way short. This is supposed to be a four star hotel but it is not even in the same league as Hilton and Hyatt. Yes, its clean and has marble floors in the lobby and at first glance it gives off a nice impression but as you stay longer you see it's just an average hotel trying to act like a luxury brand. First, the big three: bedding, noise, and service. The bed's were SUPER hard and are more like a Day's Inn bed or Howard Johnson than a Hilton, Wingate, Hyatt sleep system that has a nice pillowtop and fits to your body. NO pillowtop here, just an extra firm mattress. I asked for a king and even though the hotel was not that busy they would not give me one and I ended up at the very end of a long, long hall on the meeting room hallway, 2nd floor, Avoid this floor as it is very noisy and meetings start at 7:30am so no peaceful rest after this. I felt like they were going out of their way to give priceline guests the really poor rooms. Also, priceline really misleads on these deals as this room is normally $90 so it's not 60% off if I am paying $75 plus tax ($85 total). This is not much of a discount and I could have just booked a Hilton for $10 more and gotten my points and a restful sleep. As I said, it was noisy, doors slamming, meetings early so you could hear loud talking in the hallway and of course, the mark of a sub-standard hotel is to have housekeeping knock on my door at 8 am just to wake me up when checkout is not until noon. Real four and five star hotels never knock on guests doors as they have a cleaning system by phone and computer that monitors the status of each room as some guests have late-checkups like 2pm so why would they knock at 8am?? This just shows they are not at the four star level. Lastly, service which was average at best. Not very friendly at check-in. Didn't honor any of my requests for bed type or a quiet room. They have bell service but he was hiding in the back and only came out after having to ask for service, again not very polished and NOT four star. Parking is free at the hotel and my Internet was free but there is normally a charge though I would have rather have had a more comfortable king bed. Room service is available just like in a four star, but the menu is very very basic and average. Nothing Dallas inspired or Texas themed just steaks, chicken, pasta. They have brisket but I wonder how fresh it is. Didn't even have a wedge salad. Need some more exciting dishes and better pizza offerings (only two toppings included at these prices??) The biggest turnoff occurred the next morning when at 10am I went to the pool and hot tub which are both outside on the second floor. The pool was absolutely filthy with leaves and dirt in all areas of the pool. It looks like it had not been cleaned in a week and you could not have paid me to get in there. The hottub was on but the water was very cloudy and I could not see the bottom so it looked not ready and this was 10am. At most four star hotels this cleaning is done at 6-7 am every day. What am I paying for if I can not use the facilities?? This was very surprising and firmed my view that this was really a pretender hotel that wants to say they are 4 star but aren't much over a two star in quality and service. I would never stay here again and I even felt ripped off going through priceline because this was not four star in any way. There are literally a 100 other hotels in this area so you should have no trouble finding a better hotel and staying away from this one.

Room Tip: Stay off the second floor as all the meeting rooms are there and it is very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I will share your comments with our staff. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would love to speak with you directly.

972-980-8877
kcollier@cpaddison.com
Leesville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

nice breakfast buffet was included because I'm gold with ICH. Very Large hotel. needed shaving cream, went to the desk and they said they would send it up, but it's been about 40 minutes after calling also. Nice bar with everything you need. Safe location, close to bars, restaurants and shopping. Hotel helped me get a taxi and they showed up right away. They do have a shuttle, but they said 3.8 miles was too far away. They do have a pool, with Jacuzzi and a gym.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pflugerville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was excellent however the staff were not very knowledgeable. The pillows in the room were too large to be able to sleep comfortably.
The food in their restaurant was mediocre at best and the service was terrible. It took at least 10 minutes to get a menu and the room was not very crowded. The Chicken Caesar Salad was mostly croutons and the chicken was chopped into very large lumps.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear KarSan7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in our restaurant. I will definitely look into the comments that you provided and ensure that we are offering the best food and service possible.

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed on this property a few weeks ago and the MOD was horrible. I don't recall his name but he was mid to older guy working 2nd shift. I asked him a question and he got smart with me. When I asked him why he responded to me, he told me that he was from New York and that's the was he talks. I was enough for me to cancel my future arrangements for this hotel. The entire time was there, I didn't see the front desk smiling a lot and therefore gave the impression that they didn't like their jobs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear cline_teg,

I am so sorry to hear about the service that you received from one of our staff members. I can assure you that this is not taken lightly and I will address with this individual. I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us again and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the start of a road trip through Texas from UK.
This was a good location as we wanted to visit Southfork (unfortunately not open!!!) but good for Dallas via Plano which proved to be great. Location us best suited for business travellers.
The hotel was better than expected, comfortable room with ok amenities.
The restaurant was closed on our 1st night but we were able to eat in the bar (same food) and this proved to be ok.
Most staff encountered were very good except for check in at reception which was very slow onside ring we were the only people checking in at that time.
Hotel was very busy with corporate visitors and this made up the majority of the guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I do apologize that check in was slow and we did not exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again and next time we will blow you away!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We live in Switzerland. As we were travelling with our son who lives in Hawaii and in order to avoid any complications concerning the two room reservations, we pre-pay (in this case, two months in advance). When we arrived in Dallas on 16.05, one of the 5 stops on our itinerary, we were told that we had been moved to a neighbouring hotel, which was completely unacceptable.
The desk clerk was adamant that due to "a system-error" the hotel was over-booked. We then enquired as to whether suites were available in lieu of two rooms to which she replied "no". We asked to see the manager and Brison Coldiron, the Front Office Supervisor, appeared and initially repeated the same story with his apologies. We insisted that we would not move to another hotel and repeated our enquiry regarding suites. He disappeared into the back office and re-emerged with the good news that indeed the Presidential Suite (aka The Cypress Suite) was available. Its spacious living area, 1 & 1/2 baths and separate bedroom should satisfy our requirements. He also offered a refund of one night. His professional behaviour was a welcome relief to all the turbulence. The following day we received a hand-written note of apology from Brison Coldiron.
We enjoyed our 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and would strongly recommend it, however, with the caveat that one checks with the Front Desk to see who is on duty before booking.
One person can make a difference; in this case, it was Brison Coldiron – chapeau!
N.B. We agree with the review written by 27Artist – we enjoyed Lawrence’s professional behaviour and personality.

Room Tip: Check with front desk
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Kearney,

Your review has made my day! I have to agree with you that one person can make a difference and we are lucky to have Brison Coldiron as part of our leadership team!

I apologize that the first impression you had was disappointing but hearing that Brison was able to turn this around for you is what hospitality is all about! Traveling from Switzerland is a long way from home and I am glad to hear that the Presidential Suite was accommodating for you.

We hope that we will be your host hotel on your next travels to the states.

Director of Operations

Been to Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison? Share your experiences!