“Nice hotel but not so good bathroom” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Addison
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel but not so good bathroom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was nice, starting with Claudia at the check-in desk; she was very helpful! The hotel iteself is very nice. There was a restaurant with a delicious, but little pricey, breakfast buffet. The bar has reasonable prices and is open until midnight during the week. The room was nice, but the shower was awful. The first night, I was on the 2nd floor; disappointed the room had no microwave or mini-fridge. The shower didn't look clean though; you can see about 15 new tiles installed near the showerhead where they must have repaired something. It was not tiled correctly and it just looked really bad. Then seeing the new tile next to the old tile made the shower look even more dirty. The 2nd night, I asked for another room and was moved up to the 3rd floor. Yay - got a mini-fridge this time! Same problem in the shower though; the tiles had grout and just looked dirty. The ac unit didn't work and at 11pm, Mr. Willie came up to fix it. He replaced the air filter (when he took of the ac unit cover, the room instantly cooled) and told me to call back if the room didn't cool within 30 minutes. 30 minutes later, even though the thermostat was set at 65 degrees, it still showed 74 degrees. But since I was sleepy and tired, I just removed the ac unit cover like I had seem Mr. Willie, the engineer, do and the room cooled quickly. All in all, it was a nice, basic hotel. I've stayed at better - it was fine for my business trip, but i wouldn't stay here with my husband.

Room Tip: The 4th floor seems to have a mini-fridge and microwave; the 2nd floor has neither. The pool view f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kellea C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide with your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that Claudia and Willie were helpful to you. We take pride in providing great customer service to all our guests. I am embarrassed to learn that the conditions of your bathroom and air conditioning unit were below standard. I have passed the valuable information to my housekeeping and engineering staff so that they can pay extra attention to these areas in our room inspections. The next time that you visit the Addison, please contact me directly. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback so that we can become better for all our guests.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed here as part of a large group corporate meeting. The hotel was clean and as advertised, but the staff could be more attentive.
First, in Texas style, this is a BIG hotel. The layout is a bit odd on four floors and is spread out to provide everyone a window - but your window is likely to look out toward another wing of the hotel to other rooms. Keep the blinds drawn if you're concerned about privacy.
As a part of my stay, transportation was supposed to be provided to the Dallas Fort Worth airport. After waiting for the driver and speaking with him several times over the telephone, I took a cab from the airport to the hotel ($44). On the return several days later, the hotel said that they "lost the keys" to one of the vans, so back into a cab. The hotel evidently overcommitted on the transportation and under-delivered.
The room was an average business class hotel room. The television was an old picture tube style in a large cabinet, but worked well. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and didn't show signs of wear. Like many hotels, the shower was a poor jet of low volume.
During my stay in June of 2012, there was a large contingent of high school soccer teams. They were well behaved and this is typical of Dallas in the summertime.
I ate in three of the restaurants and, surprisingly the food didn't seem like it was from the "menu at a Holiday Inn" - the food was quite good.
Advice - good hotel at a reasonable price. Don't count on transportation to and from the airport!

Room Tip: Ask for an "outside view" or you'll be facing other rooms in the same hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear n0mb,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am sad to hear that your stay with us was not as you expected. We are in the midst of finalizing a multi-million dollar renovation to upgrade our hotel and in room amenities.
I sincerely apologize about the mix up with transportation from the airport and I will ensure that this feedback is provided to the transportation company to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We hope that you can be your choice hotel the next time you are in Addison.

Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This could possibly be the worst night we have ever spent in a hotel.

1. The room was outdated. No LCD TV. So, this was a "Club" floor?

2. We kept the a/c at 72 degrees but the a/c kept cycling on and off right in front the bed all night long. When it kicked on, it was freezing and when it shut off it was too hot. this went on all night long.

3. The Shower was great, water pressure was very good but the curtain was too short, water everywhere.

4. Finally the bed, a king that you'll literally sink in. the bed was too soft and scratchy bed sheets and the worst cheap blanket. I had to use the comforter because the sheets were the worst I have used. We tossed/sunk all night and just a very uncomfortable bed.

At around 12:30 am on saturday I went downstairs since I couln't sleep and there were still guest sitting in the bar area, I ordered a coke and a guest asked what time did they close (bar) and the bartender said Now! really their were over 20 guest/patrons and the bar closes at 12:30 on a saturday night? anyway,

Breakfast was really good and great service.

We did not get a good nights sleep and were not satisfied. Price was not an issue.

Was never asked if we liked or enjoyed our stay upon checkout.

* exception goes to "Robert" at Front Desk; who was courteous and very nice. -keep him.

Room Tip: request "upgraded" rooms near the rear of the hotel. Don't plan on using the pool afte...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to give us some very valuable feedback.

I am terribly sorry that your stay was not as pleasant and comfortable as you had every right to expect. Indeed, many of our TV’s have not yet been replaced. We are in the midst of finalizing details for a multi-million dollar renovation that will include flat panel televisions as well as new appointments for the rooms and public areas. This exciting news. In the meantime, we make every effort to keep the hotel as clean and well maintained as possible.

It is particularly troubling however that we did not show some concern and interest in your experience and comfort. I sincerely apologize and will take steps to retrain our newer staff.
Please let me know if there is anything else we could do. Again we are sorry and apologize that your stay was not a pleasant as we endeavor to make it.

Sergio Ortiz
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in corwne plaza. Had nice stay except the air con is making noice like generator. Planty of food options outside hotel also.
Nice resturant and Bar in side Hotel. Have free pick up drop service with in 3 miles.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear holiday_lovers2011,

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience your experienced due to the noise from the air conditioning. We would address this and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

It is with mixed feelings that I write this. The hotel location, shuttle, staff and breakfast was really good. Unfortunately I was not happy with my room, I was given a handicapped room when not requesting one and the room was needing updated in a bad way. Curtains had marks on them, the carpet was outdated and looked old, the bathroom was old and outdated, chipped tile and old. Whoever had cleaned my room did not do a very good job, I don't believe they vacuumed at all so I had an unclean feeling the entire time. The bed was good and clean. Lots of restaurants around, very good restaurants and the Crown Plaza will take you wherever you want to go so you don't have to drive I really liked this. I did hear they are going to invest quite a bit of money to renovate the rooms so I guess they know this needs to be done and I believe they will be doing this soon so once the rooms are renovated I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the most recently updated rooms and not a handicapped room if you don't need one.
Dear Gillian L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your most recent stay with us.
I am so sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your room. I am disappointed to hear that our housekeeping staff was not efficient in cleaning your room. We take pride in being able to provide a clean and well-maintained hotel. With your feedback, we are able to retrain our employees. You are correct, we are in the process of finalizing a multi-million dollar renovation to upgrade our rooms and public areas.

We hope to see you again in the future and again, thank you for your feedback.

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were there for All-Con this past March and were very pleased with the hotel. Even though there was a convention at the hotel, I didn't hear any noise from the con.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear BankofMomTX,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay with us during the All-Con convention! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again next year!!!

houston, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel and though I do not often write reviews (and I travel a lot) I felt compelled to do so because I do not agree at all with the bad reviews which seem particularly unfair and vitriolic. I stayed at this hotel for three days for a company meeting/conference and neither I nor any of the people in our group had anything but rave reviews. Granted the hotel does need a little updating, but it has enormous charm and a very appealing, relaxing character. I found it impeccably clean and the staff superbly accommodating and friendly, in a casual, easy way.

The only thing that bugged me a little were the old tube TV's, but it seems some rooms have flat screen HD tvs and some don't. The employee at the desk said that they are phasing them in, probably not quickly enough.

But the other two things I really liked at this hotel were the pool courtyard and their excellent food (really, above average for a hotel). I am attaching some pictures.

Another thing about this hotel is that it is pretty big but it is only like four stories high so it is a little spread out. Once I found the elevator to the garage from the back of the hotel it was very easy as I just took it to my room. But I had to find it on my own after a couple of days. I wish I had been told at check in.

All in all, I would go back there any day. In fact, for the price, it beats a lot of other chains in the area. Kuddos!

Room Tip: ASK FOR A ROOM WITH A NEW TV! and overlooking the pool courtyard
Dear bigape100,

I am so glad to hear that you LOVED your stay! It is great to hear the compliments on our staff and service. We are anxiously awaiting our renovation to include flat panel televisions as well as new appointments for the rooms and public areas.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Addison.

Front Office Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza North Dallas-Addison? Share your experiences!