“Impressed, good service, great food, unique dishes.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 164 Restaurants in Addison
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
“Impressed, good service, great food, unique dishes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was impressed.
I frequently search the web for good restaurants when I travel. I also like to try recommended dishes, even if I haven't eaten it before.
The suggestion from the bartender was a half n half entree of fried oysters & shrimp. My first time eating fried oysters! The meal was fabulous, the service was top notch, and my check was reasonable. I would suggest-everyone should try the bread pudding.

Dallas, Texas
“Always good Cajun Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

They are very consistent with the quality of food. They do really good cajun food, seafood and steaks. We eat here fairly regular and always enjoy our meals. The fried pickles are some of the best I've ever eaten.

Visited April 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
“BUGS R THEM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

First place I ever had crawfish-"bugs" many years back--AND they are still fantastic! In season-done right, great cajun spices, cold beers, gumbo-dark, smoky-excellent.Good live music too (Sunday eve!). Place was packed. Service was excellent. Wanted to try some other stuff--but the bugs were so good (we devoured 12 lbs) we couldn't eat anything after. Valet parking too.
Fun place!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Highlands, North Carolina
“Not that impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place was really packed. My friends and I had a drink at the very crowded bar. They allow smoking there! Thought I had stepped back to the 90's. We snagged a table and I ordered some fried seafood. Nothing special and I felt that it was overpriced for what was received. Didn't particularly care for the gumbo either. Doubt I will be back.

Visited April 2014
College Station, Texas
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were in a seafood mood and chose Nate's, based on reviews. It was a homerun. Everyone in my family (myself, my wife, and our two kids) enjoyed their meal and were stuffed to the gills, no pun intended. I had the crawfish and almost challenged them with their spicier seasoning. I'm glad I didn't because the regular was pretty darn spicy. And I don't know what they do their bread and hushpuppies, but it's highly addictive.

If you plan on going, prepare for two things: the noise and parking. It's a boisterous seafood restaurant with a bar and outdoor seating. It isn't the place to be for romance, unless that's how you define the term. The parking is atrocious because the attendants got overwhelmed quickly. Plan accordingly and park farther out, if you can. You may have to walk farther but it will make getting out much easier.

• Visited March 2014