“Terrible Customer Service!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 174 Restaurants in Addison
“Terrible Customer Service!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

If I could rate a zero stars then I would gladly do so for this bakery. I went in and purchased a rum cake for a family gathering. When we cut the cake it was was spoiled. I went into their location and was told that every Friday they make fresh cakes so I payed in full and placed an order for my Friday event. When I called Delicious Cakes to confirm my order will be as promised and told the Nikki that I wanted a fresh cake because our previous order was old she got very rude with me and hang up. When I called back nobody answered, i called again and was told they would call me back. When by the end of the day i still did not get a call i called back again and asked for a refund Nikki told me no. I then asked to speak with the owner, butch and was told he said he will not come to speak with me and is aware of the situation and does not do refunds. The employees including the owner, Butch are rude, they have no customer service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“If I was even given the chance to buy a cake I may have”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I tried the cake from Delicious Cakes at an open house at Fairy Tale Manor. The cake was amazing and I called to set up an appointment to possibly set up something to order my wedding cake. Problem was I couldn't even get that far. I emailed them just like the website said to, no response. I called them, they put me on hold for 10 minutes then asked if they could call me back, I said sure, they never took my number and just hung up. I called AGAIN and was AGAIN put on hold for 10 minutes, this time they took my number and promised to call back in 10 minutes. We spoke to the owner at Fairy Tale Manor who was not so happy that the people he was recommending would be so difficult. Go figure after we voiced our concern with him I finally DID get a call back 6 hours later, a far cry from the original 10 minutes. I set up an appointment and then the day of was running late, called twice to let them know and they never picked up the phone. These are not the people I want to deal with when it comes to something as important as my wedding cake. I said screw them, if they don't need the business good for them I'll give it to someone else. And I did, go visit Frost It bakery in Frisco, the pastry chef there is amazing and has returned calls and voicemails extremely promptly. I will never bother with Delicious Cakes ever again and I'm sorry for the women reviewing their own cakes that didn't come out well. I'm glad I read this though and avoided something similer.

Visited July 2011
Dallas, Texas
“If I could give less than one star, I would”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I would definitely not recommend Delicious Cakes to anyone! The employees are extremely unprofessional, unhelpful, and just plain rude. Delicious Cakes is also not accredited with the Better Business Bureau which should be a red flag as well.

My husband and I ordered both the brides and grooms cakes through Butch at the Delicious Cakes Addison. Upon our initial meeting we felt rushed to choose a design but were satisfied with our selections after our approximately hour long meeting. We checked in periodically with Delicious Cakes and Butch to ensure we still liked our agreed upon design. Three weeks to one month before our wedding date, I provided Butch with $50 in faux pearls, 200 inches in length, I also provided double faced satin ribbon for the brides cake per our agreed upon design. Yes, everything has been going smoothly for the most part at this time.

Fast forward to our wedding day; when my new husband and I walked up to our cake and the brides design is nothing like the previously agreed upon look. The beautiful faux pearls have been replaced by Mardi-Gras looking dress-up beads, giving the whole cake a very cheap look. We cut the cakes and cake was served, the next day we learned that not only did my groom and I not receive cake but many of the wedding guests didn't either. Many of our family members and the wedding party did not eat cake. We did think this was strange but didn't pay very much attention to it, until two months after the wedding, I find out from my mom and sister that the brides cake had been in a traffic wreck on its way to the reception site!!!! Neither Butch nor any one else from Delicious Cakes contacted us after the wedding to notify us of the cake being destroyed. I do agree with the company’s decision to keep the cake disaster from the bride on her wedding day and even on the honeymoon, but Butch had three ways to contact me, email, cell phone, and home phone, there was no message.

After finding out about the cake having been in a wreck, I immediately went to Delicious Cakes to question them about their reasons for not contacting me, they had many excuses, one of them being, "we told the wedding planner to tell you." That is not acceptable for a company representative to say - these are grown-ups! It is not the wedding planners responsibility to tell me about their mess up. Anyway, I questioned Butch about the pearls and why so much cake was missing. We paid for 208 pieces of cake (white and groom cake both), less than 140 people came to our wedding, we should have had plenty of cake, maybe even some left-overs! When this point was brought to Butch's attention, he argued that a venue that hosts 125 - 150 weddings per year did not cut the cake according to Wilton's cake serving chart. I have a extremely difficult time believing this.

To quell our complaints we were offered a $40 refund for the pearls and a certificate for a free cake for a second event, Butch assured me these items were coming in the mail. As of today, almost ten months after our wedding, we have yet to receive our check or certificate. This gesture does not redeem Delicious Cakes in the least, it further displays their lack of responsibility and customer service.

Two months after our wedding, I contacted the Better Business Bureau to report Delicious Cakes, since DC is not registered with the BBB, they were unable to help me. I will attach my BBB complaint at the end of this review as a url.

I feel that adequate time has been given to Delicious Cakes to remedy this situation, we expressed we would like to be reimbursed for the “missing” pieces of cake as well as the unused pearls - no effort has been made by the company to do this. I feel other brides and party planners should be aware of the lack of integrity this company has.

• Visited September 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible! Don't waste your time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

My sister just got married on saturday and the wedding was amazing but there was no cake. She had ordered a five tier cake with lace buttercream that matched her dress and it sounded beautiful. She also ordered a surprise cake for the groom that looked like a tackle box. Our first problem came the thursday before the wedding when they called my sister asking what flavors she had ordered and what the cakes were supposed to look like. On the day of the wedding the bakery called the wedding planner at 10 am and said they would be arriving around 6:30 pm. After the ceremony we all went to the reception area and surprise, the cake had not been delivered. The wedding planners and all the family jumped on their phones to call the bakery. No one answered but it gave a number to call if your having problems with delivery. We all called a good fifty times and there was no answer. Needless to say my sister was very disappointed when there was no cake for her and her new husband to cut. All the guest were bewildered that a bakery would be this unprofessional. If you chose to use this bakery, good luck. I would not recommend it to anyone and I would hate to see this happen to anyone else on their special day.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Stay AWAY from this Bakery! TERRIBLE customer service !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I see now why many have written about the good cakes but TERRIBLE customer service! We bought one of their case cakes when visiting last year, for a family dinner party. The cake was good so when returning to Dallas for another celebration, we called Delicious Cakes in advance to ask they lead time for our order (just a simple 9-inch cake, NOTHING customized). Well, when we called back within their stated lead time and were told they wouldn't take our order after all, even though I reminded them of the lead time they told me. I even talked with the manager, "Sunday", and she flatly refused, not caring one bit what they promised. Now we are attending our event without a cake (that we had promised), or at least not one from this place (EVER again!).

Find a bakery that actually cares about customers and honors their word!

LP