“My husband and I have stayed at Suites of America and it has complied with all the ADA requirements.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Suites of America

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Addison
Budget Suites of America
You added Budget Suites of America to your Saves list
15130 Marsh Lane, Addison, TX 75001   |
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Addison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

At checkin staff was pleasant at 4am. Security guard took us around the property and our room. We were advised that they need to run background checks on us which was not a problem. However I do not understand how the guests that stay here can be bad people as stated in previous reviews. All the guest I have come in contact with at the pool, laundry area and walking my dog have been pleasant. Office staff remains cheerful and always helpful. We have however had a couple of issues. Missing laundry, washer and dryers malfunctioning. They are maintained by another company that we contacted and sent us out checks for 1.00 and washer in building c 1st floor on the end just needs a sign on it. Don't use me. Waterpipes could uuse some updating filters in air conditioning needed to be changed or replaced, but my husband took it apon himself to do that. There is definitely evidence of p guests that are not being responsible for cleaning up after there pets. But that is not managements fault. Dumpsters and all the alley cats that hang out around that area should be dealt eith before they get ran over. We are intrasition from our home that sold so quickly until we buy another one in this area. So I take offence to being referred to as "people that just can't afford apartments." We have not been disturbed by unwelcomed car radios, noises coming from other rooms people fighting, knocks on the wrong door at 4am. Like we at Anthony Koontz the General Manager of Intown Suites on 9355 Forrest Ln. By the way let me throw him under the bus. He knows he was wrong. On ourour reservation requested handicap room. He stuck us on 3rd floor in regular room and they were booked. It took a week of calling and requesting different accommodations before we were able to move rooms. He was very hateful like about my handicap and even tried charging us fees for changing rooms and my service dog. After that toilet broke from the bottom of the floor in the middle of the night and I notified after hours mgr and continued to call until 4am and my room was flooded I fell asleep. In the morning when Anthony Koontz did wake up and came to check it out, I was accused of flooding my room and 8 others on purpose. I was then asked to leave property. I had no transportation, my husband was out of town on a job. No way to get my stuff from their room on Forrest lane. I was asked to come to the office to get my deposit back. So it was February I walked to office with my dog. When I arrived he told me I wasn't due a deposit he just wanted to get me out of the room. He would not let me back in it to get my purse, cell phone or medications. I had only socks on and no jacket. He also refused to let me use office phone to contact help, husband or our attorney. He told me he would hold my property for 24-48hrs and then it would be placed in storage for 30
days until we claimed it. Wow, sorry but I needed to let guests here know that this kinda stuff can happen and how helpless you are. My husband went to Intown
Suites on Forrest to get our belongings within the 24-48hrs and was told we abandoned our property and it had been disposed of according to their policy. Due to the move trade tools and all my crafting supplies and beading and jewelry supplies that I use for my business, files, computer and tablet. We are still
waiting on court date. I feel Anthony bullied me and accused me of the flood to save himself. Though are transition we might be hear till the end of summer. Our room blows nice cold air all working appliances and our hotel is not listed on the Nationalbedbugregistry.org. Unlike a lot of the higher end hotels. No evidence of any other kind of bugs. Room could be updated a little. So easy up on your reviews.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I moved here several months ago. Since then, we've been treated to pimp neighbors who scream while getting arrested at 5:30 am. There have been three major drug busts. The internet is either slow or doesn't work at all. The management is rude, snide and uncaring, and they have stolen our mail (including a $40 gift card). The hallways reek of pot and the "security" is one guy who I've seen twice in several months. The elevators break down, and when my girlfriend complained because I had to walk several flights of stairs a week after major surgery, they told her she "could move elsewhere if she didn't like it." Our first night, we tried to cook only to find out our oven wasn't working. We didn't even get a couch until day two! I'm nearly positive management takes bribes from the many drug dealing residents or otherwise, why would they turn the other way until Addison Police gets involved? If you want to live among crack and meth addicts, drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes and a management that couldn't care less, move to Budget Suites in Addison!

Room Tip: Pick another extended stay hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

It's a great location, so why not maintain it? It's pretty quiet, the security and security checks of residents before moving in is doing it's bit to keep the place fine and cars are not broken into - even the prices have been stable the last years. But the hotel is suffering from the lack of maintenance, and you are asked to pay extra for tv's and microwaves on a weekly basis even though these would be considered obvious amenities at other hotels. The wifi seriously sucks, slow and at times not functioning. Quite a few locals seem to have getting their own wifi-source to deal with it.

Room Tip: Rooms in building B and C are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

A rather bad find in an okay location. The people here really suck and it's a bit dangerous to do things like your laundry. But, it's not the worst either so the people are generally just drug people...but it is a little scary when huge black SUV FBI cars come and police start running around with huge weapons!! But there are kids who walk from the bus to their apartments in groups, so its not like Skid Row or anything.

I think the water here truly sucks. I was washing a white T-Shirt and DARK PURPLE WATER CAME OUT OF THE FACET AND REALLY RUINED MY SHIRT!! The water definitely has a chemical that stains my shower pink too! I think the management comes into the apartments when no one is here and possibly the cleaning people without authorization. I seriously have bought jars of food that I took a bite from and two days later they would be completely empty...scary and gross. It is also annoying that they come in once a month to look at everything and often give 12 hours of notice for that. I don't cook food here because the water is so bad and the management is so creepy I definitely don't report the screwed up appliances and sinks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Don't prepay if you can help it - pay by the night. I prepaid for an entire week's stay for my son who was starting his first job. To cut to the chase, he decided he did not like the job or the area and wanted out right away. He did not even stay a single night.

The manager would not even return my phone calls. The ladies answering the phone said they have signs "all over" saying no refunds. I was polite, called several times and one time they asked if I was someone else's mom so this kind of thing must happen often.

For a zero night's stay, I'm out $245. Clearly this place does not want or care about repeat business. That says ALOT.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you are visiting town and looking for a place to stay....this is not the place. Try Homewood Suites or anything on Beltline, further east of Marsh. I stayed here years ago, but now live near this "hotel". It seems to have turned into an extended stay for people who are not able to, or unwilling, to rent an apartment. People live here, and some are quite unsavory people. I have to drive through the complex to get to my bank and through the windows, I see anything from multiple cats hanging in the windows, people hanging out open windows smoking who knows what, someone put wooden bunk beds in one of the units, etc. The worst part is that the grounds surrounding the "hotel" are littered with garbage, used needles and small empty baggies that probably contained what went into the needles. If the outside looks like that, I can only imagine what the inside looks like. Any given day, especially weekends you will find groups of people hanging in the parking lot making signals at people passing by- probably in hopes that person may be looking to buy drugs. Shoes dangle from the power lines above to indicate such. This place should be shut down, but since that takes years to do, I will just write this post to hopefully alert people looking for a real hotel that they should look elsewhere. This place place is dirty and dangerous, to say the least.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Over all the stay here is average the Laundry I hate using there is lint in the dryer from days/months/years gone bye thank God heat kills. They are supposed to have a dog policy no dogs pooping on the lawn the lawn is covered in dog S*** sorry but it is what it is. It is a good place to stay for a short while but over all I would rather have a landlord that cared about what happened rather than one that just took your weekly deposit and it is what it is nothing more nothing less .Truthfully for $1000 a month sometimes i feel im getting what im paying for other times i feel it is what it is

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Suites of America? Share your experiences!