“I Am Puzzled By This Location” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dallas, Texas
1,778 reviews 1,778 reviews
1,298 restaurant reviews
“I Am Puzzled By This Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I went to dinner last night at this location. We arrived at 5:30PM and there were no customers. Had to wait about a minute as the receptionist was watching TV. Was probably seated and out drink order taken. Upon return the waiter brought us two dips and some chips and took our order. I ordered the pepper beef and my wife the chicken broccoli. We also ordered hot tea , sweet and sour soup and wonton soup. The food was served within minutes and my beef was excellent and there was lots of beef. The chicken was tasteless although the broccoli appeared to be fresh and was good. We received our check around 6:30PM and not one additional customer had come in.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Abilene, TX
“Consistently good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've eaten in the restaurant only once, but had delivery three or four times. The food is consistently very good, reasonably priced, and comes in quite large portions. Definitely recommend for delivery (had it last night) - not a particularly unique restaurant experience though if you visit the actual restaurant.

Visited July 2012
Abilene, TX
“Got delivery. Very good food, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I ordered Beef Fried Rice (a TON of food) and dumplins. It was delivery, so I can't comment on the restaurant itself, but if you're in a local hotel and need good Chinese delivery, it's a good bet. I ate more than I needed, have plenty in the fridge for tomorrow, and it was $15 with deliery included.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Not a Great Valentine Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We hadn't been to Jasmine in many years and wanted Chinese but needed to be close as we both got home late so we decided to give it a try. When we arrived there weren't too many people, which was a bit concerning, but we were seated and ready to order. Because it was Valentines, they had a "special" menu and we indicated to the waiter that we really would like to have a full menu but was told this was it. (To jump ahead, on the way out we saw 2 tables using regular menus). Unfortunately the "special" was not very special and I realized why there weren't many customers. The service was extremely slow (our waiter dawdled even as we sat for at least 10 minutes waiting for him to come by) and I finally caught the waiter and got him to take care of us. This level of service continued throughout the dinner. The food was not very good at all and along with the lack of service this is a restaurant we will never go to again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great food - nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Went there for lunch today with my colleague from Shanghai. He was wanting a taste of home cooking and this place hit the spot for him. If you are looking for good Chinese that is not a buffet, then this is the place to go!

• Visited January 2012