“Staff not on one accord” 2 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4005 Beltline Road, Addison, TX 75001   |
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Addison
Dallas, Texas
“Staff not on one accord”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I haven't personally stayed there, however I did call to inquire about the rooms and the fees that are associated. The lady seemed rude, jaded and annoyed. I asked about possible pet fees since I have a small toy dog, she cut me off repeating that pets aren't allowed. This would be fine as I know many hotels have that rule, however if yhe company's own website indicates a "pet friendly" hotel as well as other hotel review sites either it needs to be taken down or the staff needs to be better trained. Either way I won't be staying at this facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

From the time I checked in the staff was rude. I am a responsible 18 yr old that was staying at the hotel because I worked in the area, and every night they "stalked" me; they thought I was a troublemaker because I was a young black male. When housekeeping goes room to room she is by herself but when entering my room the manager was with her just to see if I did anything wrong. I'm never staying here again..F**K THIS PLACE!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We had to check-in this hotel as the other one that we chose had sold out!! And this was the nearest and had availability (now we know why). We are having to stay here for the past 2 weeks and have never had a worse experience. They say they have breakfast - it's stale donuts and coffee which once you see where and how they are placed will never go near them. The front-desk guys will try to rob you of every dollar that they can. They don't have the maturity to realize that business grows by loyalty and that comes by good customer service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
abviaddison785, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
I wanted to thank you for posting your comments on Tripa-dvisor. I value all of my guest’s feedback, and take their advice, feelings, and comments into deep consideration. I have looked at the issues that you described and have taken corrective measures. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing great service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. Please return and see how much we value you as a guest.
Chet
Addison, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We aren't in Addison to stay in a hotel all day, so we needed a safe and clean place to stay while in the area. This hotel is perfect for our purposes. I wouldn't hang out in the outdated common areas but the room is just fine.

Pros:
-Price. Only $30/night through Hotels.com
-Fridge and microwave in room
-Free wifi with good, easy connection
-Quiet. No problems with noise from neighbors or outdoors.
-Everything in room fully functioning and clean

Cons:
-They advertise a continental breakfast, but it is a pot of dusty coffee and some muffins/pastries I wouldn't touch.
-I was up front about bringing pets and was told over phone pet fee ($10/night) was taken care of when I made reservation, but they apparently did not charge me then and reservation desk acted surprised I had animals and had me pay midway during my stay.
-Pancake pillows
-Common areas might as well just not exist - the lobby, "business center", etc have crappy furniture and very old tv/computer.

Just plain weird:
-Shower is some sort of 1960's pod
-Toilet that could launch you into outer space after sucking you through its high speed tunnel to China
-Stains on the wall at stairs

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Greetings I wanted to apoligize for the issues that you had while you stayed with us, and wanted to thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I value all of my guest’s feedback, and take their advice, feelings, and comments into deep consideration. I have looked at the issues that you described and have taken corrective measures. We are currently remodling the hotel to better serve the needs of our guets. I hope that you give us another opertunity to serve you, and invite you to return and see how much we value you as a guest.
Member
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I asked if there is a charge for pets and was told there was not.
We were evacuating for Hurricane Ike and had to bring our two dogs.

When we got there he told me the price had just been changed and it would be $15 per night per pet!!!!

Obviously, they are taking advantage of our situation.

Also, the rooms were bad. They smelled of body odor. The air conditioner barely worked. There were stains all on the carpet. And dark dirty smudges on the walls.

It was the worst hotel I had ever been in.

• Liked — Walking out the front door
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I called and booked 2 rooms at this location for Aug the 9th on the monday before my trip, did more research and found multiple bad reviews for this hotel and called to cancel the very next day....The people who are the booking agents for this hotel are wonderful people and very polite....I received my cancelation comfrimation numbers and made new reservations at another location that was more expensive but much much better quality. When I returned home from my trip I did my daily check of my bank account online to see that I was not only being charged for these rooms that were canceled but I was also being charged the Pre-Authorization fee.....so 4 payments were coming out of my account from a hotel that i didnt even stay at! When I called the booking agents they told me that they did show my cancelation and that I needed to call the actual location and speak to the manager to get my refund. I called the manager and he told me that the booking agency doesnt call them and tell them about cancelations....just bookings, (which was a lie) so i had to argue on the phone with some man about him not issuing my refund and then was hung up on. Then any call i tried to make back to the actual hotel manager was ignored....i called back multiple times after that and no one ever answered the phone. Called the booking agency back and was told that yes they do inform their hotels about cancelations and they dont understand why he would say that. So now i currently have to wait for all payments to process through my account before i can even dispute the payment and then wait even longer for the actually money to be replaced in my account.

Please do read all reviews about the hotel before you stay there, if they are bad.....stay away.....id rather pay extra to have a nice clean honest place to stay then spend less and be uncomfortable and unhappy and broke!

Stayed August 2008

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!