“Avoid if possible.” 2 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Addison
“Avoid if possible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Guy at the desk wasn't very friendly. Rooms decently priced at $59. No flatscreen tv. No comment on the internet, cuz i was too tired to work that night. Room pretty small, beds pretty old and gross. Seemed safe though, no prostitutes or crackheads that i could see... although they wouldn't look out of place! Fridge and micro, but I'm struggling to come up with anything good. I have no idea why this place has 3 1/2 stars. Deserves NO MORE than 2. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Quality Inn a block away.

• Stayed October 2012
super8addisontx, Webmaster at Super 8 Addison, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our conveniently located Addison hotel. I’m very sorry that we didn’t completely meet your expectations during your stay with us. Since that time, we have improved all aspects of the property and believe we’re better than ever. Perhaps you can try us again if you’re ever in the Dallas area again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

if you like dirty roach motels with rude employees and manager than this is your place. Would not recommend this place at all. Room was dirty and has roaches in and around room. I asked for a change or refund and was given neither.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our comfortable and affordable Addison, Texas hotel. I apologize that we may not have been at our best when you visited, but almost every aspect of the property has been improved since then. If you come to this area again, I hope you’ll consider staying with us again. You’ll find we’re better in every way!

Barling, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The location of this property and the price is exactly what I was looking for on a Thursday night (when most other hotels have "business rates")! There are several great restaurants surrounding this property and it is really close to the Galleria (one reason I stayed here). The room was clean except for one tiny cock roach on its back (in the tub) on its last breath. No problem at all as far as that was concerned. Although we didn't use the pool, it looked fine and there were guests enjoying that. Upon arrival, there was a foul spell (urine) which we encountered while passing several rooms (second floor) to get to our room. My bed was ok, but my Son's was not. He woke up sore and didn't sleep much at all. The television was fine (no flat screen) but they did have HBO plus several channels to watch. My biggest complaint (as we left), we realized that there was not a "sprinkler system" in our room in case of a fire. I didn't notice it when we checked in due to the fact that I brought my son to Dallas for a surprise Birthday get-away (his first visit). I basically just unloaded our stuff and left due of lack of time (1 night stay). There was a smoke alarm located in the center of the room, but I'm not sure if it even worked, as we saw no light on it this a.m. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for I guess. I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks commenting about our property. You can be sure that we’re a safe and comfortable hotel and comply with all local safety ordinances. We are inspected regularly as the law requires. If we fell short of your expectations in any way, I sincerely apologize. If you’re in the area again, I hope you’ll stop in to see how we’ve changed in improved in recent months.

Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is a standard Super 8 with comfy beds and room to work. Normally I do enjoy the simple comfort of Super 8 as one knows what to expect, however I may have been very unlucky with my room as there were hot water in the sink, but not in the shower!!! Staying for more than one night in the heat was not fun when it was cold freshening up in the shower.

Staff was helpful, location OK with restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Room 109 does not have hot water in the shower, only in the sink, also much noise from screaming kid...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Addison? Share your experiences!