“Comfy enough” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison

You added Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4960 Arapaho Road, Addison, TX 75001 (Formerly Wingate Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Addison
Amarillo, Texas
“Comfy enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

A co-worker booked my room since it was right by the office. I'm in property management and am also a neat freak and germaphobe and am probably more critical than most. I arrived before check in time and they kept my luggage for the day. I ate breakfast while waiting for my co-worker and it was fine and reasonably priced. Their lobby restroom had ants and the girl at the counter was thankful for letting her know. Unfortunately, as long as humans live on this earth- we will have to deal with bugs of all kinds. Just part of it. I hate dinner which was really good as well. My pillows and bed were great. The only complaint I have would be the smell of cigarette smoke in my room and hallways. Not fresh. Older smell. I would highly recommend cleaning/freshening the PTac units to be rid of the smoke smell from years past and use some type of Air freshener in the filters. The room is very clean.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chris4960, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Hello

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review for my property. TripAvisor is such a great tool these days for travelers and positive reviews help us immensely.

We do have great food, thanks for commenting on it. I will pass it on to our cooks, it will make their day.

I will pass on all of you comments to my staff and get with my Housekeeping and Eng, staff specifically about the presentation of the rooms and corridors.

Again, thank you for writing a review.

Yours in hospitality

CDennis - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I called ahead to confirm my reservation and got the answering machine. I called the booking service and they too could not reach the front desk. At checkout the front desk was unmanned and eventually I just left the room key on the counter. The Holiday Inn brand deserves greater care. I may receive a polite letter from the manager, but I don't fault him. I question the owner who spreads resources so thinly. Also, the air in the hallways was stale and 80 degrees. Our room was also 80 when we entered. The sleeper sofa had dirt and crumbs in it. It also had dirty socks stuffed in it which I threw in the hallway. We got a great deal on the room and I appreciate it, but the hotel is slipping away.

Room Tip: Not up to Holiday Inn standards, especially in regards to cleanliness and service.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear ScottyWood1927,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service and quality which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Bought without seeing first on Priceline. Was very impressed with the location upon arrival. The inside of hotel didn't disappoint either. Room was large and lobby is nice has well. Only complaints I have are soda in 2nd floor machine was 35 days expired and undrinkable. Also a moved couch in room to retrieve some change that I dropped, under couch looked like it hadn't been Vacuumed In a very long time. Over all enjoyed stay, will stay again.

Stayed May 2014
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate the Holiday Inn Addison.

We strive to deliver exceptional service and quality each and every day! Our team was disappointed to learn of the debris under the couch. The Executive Housekeeper has been made aware and she assures me, a more thorough cleaning and inspection process will be implemented.

We do hope to see you return should your travels return you to the Addison area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Overall experience was nice - lobby receptionists were always very friendly. My only real complaint is I stayed in room 208. My door opened up to the balcony of the lobby. Walls are paper thin, so I heard my neighbors as well as everyone that walked into the lobby and talked to the front desk. I could hear the front desk phone when it rang. Also the bar/dining area was under me and I could always hear people during happy hour or if a sporting event was going on. Room did show a little wear and tear - clean, but old and you could tell they had been painted, etc. just not a very good job. Couch had patches on it and looked dusty. I always prefer the Intercontinental, but it was booked. Not a bad place to stay, but not my preferred.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 208 or 210 if light sleeper or do not want to her noise from lobby/bar area.
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn North Dallas/Addison. We do apologize for the guestroom you found to be subpar. We have discussed the condition with the Chief Engineer and the Director of Housekeeping. They both assure me, additional measures will be taken to ensure each room is presented in like new condition.

We do hope that you will give us another chance should your travels bring you back to the Addison, TX area.
Campbell Hall, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Rooms show a little wear, but were clean. Place is kind of out of the way but quiet in any event. Nothing within easy walking distance. No store available inside so you need to go off the property for any supplies.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear drjamesz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. We value your feedback as it helps us improve our guest services.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We deeply regret the poor experience and negative impressions you may have had.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Midland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is our first stay at this hotel, the hotel was nice and clean, well kept. The room was average, but bring your own pillows only had four small pillows. The room we stayed in had a broken toilet we advised the front desk and they said they would fix it. It didn't get fixed we didn't find out until midnight when we returned so we didn't change rooms, however they did take $20 off the room. Also note the breakfast is not included in the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shayla C, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.
Warren, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had stayed at this Holiday Inn several years ago and found it to be sub-par but with the recently completed effort by IHG to specifically improve Holiday Inn's I figured that this place would have improved significantly in the past few years. I was wrong.

Pulling into the parking lot you can tell this this hotel was originally built as a Wingate Inn. The lobby remains unchanged from the hotels budget accommodations days. The staff was very friendly at check-in which is always appreciated.

The room was pure disappointment. Old frayed dirty carpet, an updated flat screen tv that had the power cord falling out every couple of hours. The mattress was completely shot and sagged terribly in the middle. The in-room fridge was a nice touch and is always appreciated.

They got it half right when they claim that they offer complimentary hi-speed internet. While what they offered was indeed complimentary it certainly couldn't be called high speed.

The restaurant featured a staff that's half as large as necessary to get people on their way in a reasonable amount of time. The prices are in the clouds and the food was the typical microwaved food service garbage.

I would look for IHG to pull the franchise on this place rather soon as the service, facility, and management seems more like Ramada or Clarion quality than Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
michtraveler1969,

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Holiday Inn North Dallas Addison on Tripadvisor.

We do appreciate your business, especially as a return guest.

The hotel has gone through some improvements over the last year or so. New hallway carpet, lighting and wall vinyl was installed as well as new carpet, wall vinyl, lighting and artwork in the meeting room. Ideally, we perform improvements step by step as not to disrupt the guest or overall course of the business.

I have alerted the Department Managers on the condition of your guest room as well as the HSIA. This is certainly not the standard we portray to our guests.

We do have plans in the works to continue improving the property. We do invite you back to see our transformation in the next few months or so.

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison? Share your experiences!