I stayed for three days and normally don't stay at places this affordable, but for what it is it deserves every one of these five stars.
Front desk staff are always nice and professional, and when I locked myself out of my room like a dumb dumb it was less than a minute for her to verify my ID and swipe me a new card. Nice. Check-in was equally painless.
The room is great, really. The fridge is full-sized, everything in the kitchen works, and you're given enough to work with you can cook a real meal. My only complaint is the bowls; eating cereal out of bowls this shallow could be an olympic sport.
The bed is surprisingly comfortable. Also in the bedroom you have one of your two flatscreen TVs. It's a good thing I don't have this at home, I'd be more lazy than I am already. I wish there were more station selection, but I think that's the nature of Texas. Enjoy your sports. The room is nice and dark at night, and noise was never an issue. To be more direct, I didn't get the impression on either of my two stays that the Hawthorn really fills up. Bad for them, but good for you. Maid service is prompt and the room is very clean. The closet is full-size.
The bathroom is what you'd expect, clean and rife with large yet somewhat starchy towels. The soap is caustic enough you'll be clean, and if you have dry to normal skin, end up wondering why you didn't bring lotion. Oh, that's right, because it wasn't in a 3oz TSA approved bottle. But, seriously, pack your own soap.
Beyond poking fun, my only real concern was the security. Out back there was enough window glass on the ground it looked like one or more cars had been broken into. Really, just park your car at the front of the building and I'm sure you'd be fine. I was. The area otherwise isn't dodgy and I never felt uncomfortable.
I'm going to close by comparing this place to Homewood Suites, which is currently listed as the number two place to stay in Addison. To cut it short, choose the Hawthorn. It's cheaper, quieter, and every bit as nice. For a bonus, the staff is also much more friendly and helpful, and I found the area to be somewhat nicer.
I've now stayed twice at Hawthorn and once at Homewood; I plan on staying at the Hawthorn in the future, and I think that about sums it up. This isn't a four or five star establishment, but for the price point it's fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite extended stay hotel offering extended comfort at an affordable price. Guest rooms are large and comfortable, and all suites have a full kitchen. The hotel is located in the heart of Addison's 170+ restaurants. The hotel is walking distance to several restaurants including Outback Steakhouse & Texas de Brazil. Addison Airport is right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Hotel Addison
- Hawthorn Suites Addison
- Best Western Addison
- Addison Best Western
- Hawthorn Suites Galleria Area