“Best Hotel in Abilene” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Suites

Save Saved
You added MCM Elegante Suites to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4250 Ridgemont Drive, Abilene, TX 79606 (Formerly Ambassador Suites)   |
Ranked #18 of 36 hotels in Abilene
Lubbock, Texas
“Best Hotel in Abilene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2006

MCM Elegante Suites is the best hotel in Abilene. The rooms are clean with new mattresses, furniture and also have a nice kitchenette. Breakfast included your choice of a made to order omelet, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits with gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal, and much more. The fitness gym is small but has great equipment. The treadmill has a decline setting and the elliptical trainer really works you out. The manager’s reception is held every night with free drinks. We loved it so much we added an extra day to our stay.

• Liked — Comfort, amenities, fitness gym
  • Tips/Secrets — Save your breakfast ticket
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
san antonio, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

i attended a wekend conference in november 2005 - the rooms are very large with nice furnishings - the rate includes complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) from 5 to 7 each evening plus a complimentary made to order breakfast

the conference facilities were nice

there was one problem - when i got to my room, they had plastic sheets on the floor, the furnature was rearranged, and i had to contact the front desk - i turned out that the housekeeping/maintenance people had set up the wrong room for our hospitality suite - they fixed the problem quickly though

if i'm in abilene, i might choose this property again although i could have probably saved money at a motel 6

i am from san antonio, texas

• Liked — the complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — the surprise at finding my room set up as a hospitality suite when i got there
  • Stayed November 2003, traveled solo
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

I have stayed here several times. The hotel keeps going downhill. It's not bad, just not as good as it used to be when Embassy Suites owned it. The looby and common areas continue to be fairly nice, but the rooms have not changed a bit in 15 years! They are clean and somewhat comfortable, but out of date and a little "old" feeling.

Housekeeping came and started cleaning our room before we even checked out.

The complimentary breakfast and free evening drinks are nice...but not worth the price of thye hotel. This would be a great buy if you could get it for about $75 a night.

Stayed September 2006
Oklahoma City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

We stayed here for six nights because there were four of us. We didn't want to pay for two separate rooms at another hotel.

The hotel was very old and dated. It's been refurbed, but I think it's been a long time since that happened. Our room was not dirty, but yet you got the feeling that there was dust in everything--sofa, chairs, carpets, etc.

Our suite consisted of large bedroom with two queen beds and sink in bedroom. There was a living room with sleeper sofa, round dining table with four chairs, bar area with sink, mini frig, coffee pot and microwave. The towels were sufficiently thick and we had no problems getting extras. The housekeeping staff did a good job. A couple of days I requested that our room be cleaned early and they complied.

The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sausage/bacon, biscuits, gravy, pastries, cereal, fruit and a different daily special such as pancakes, french toast, etc.

We did not have a terrible experience, but it's never a lot of fun to stay in an outdated hotel with old furniture and furnishings. I would never pay full price for this hotel.

• Liked — the suite size
  • Disliked — old, musty, dated decor and furnishings
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

I reserved a room at the MCM Elegante based on TripAdvisor reviews (which are almost always accurate). I was impressed by the hotel's lobby area; however, the room itself was dirty. At first I thought that housekeeping forgot to clean the room. I alerted the front desk and they assured me that it would be taken care of while I went to dinner. Upon my return one hour later, the front desk informed me that they had sent housekeeping up to my room to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, the exact dirt and hairs remained in the bathroom and on the carpet. Nasty! I immediately returned to the lobby and checked out. They were kiind enough to refund my money. The front desk clerk actually disclosed to me that the hotel had gone down hill in recent months and that she herself would never stay there. She kindly recommended another hotel close by. I ended up staying at the Courtyard next door and was more than pleased with my stay.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to MCM Elegante Suites? Share your experiences!