“DON'T EVER STAY HERE!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Suites

You added MCM Elegante Suites to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4250 Ridgemont Drive, Abilene, TX 79606 (Formerly Ambassador Suites)   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
Dallas, Texas
“DON'T EVER STAY HERE!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was the worst place ever. When I checked in, the guy at the front desk was VERY RUDE! I asked him where I should park and his response was "I haven't been outside in 6 hours." Well duh..I just wanted to know the general vicinity of parking so I am close to my room. When I asked how to get to my room, his response was "take the 2nd elevator." Well, where are the elevators? Also, while I was checking in, he started helping another customer behind me.He didn't want to be there. The housekeepers came to our room 3 times to ask for service and we had explicitly told them we will be checking out at noon (which is their checking out time). The A/C in the room barely worked. We turned it down to 60 in our room and we were still burning up! Poor customer service overall. Definitely not worth paying $120/night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank-you for bringing this to my attention. Customer service is very important to us and this is clearly a training issue that will be addressed. I would like to discuss this experience with you further and hope you will contact me at khawkins@mcmelegante.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Kathi Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sonora, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I called the front desk and reported that my air conditioning was not working. They responded that maintenance would take care of it in about 30 minutes. My wife and I spent the entire night trying to sleep on top of the covers.
The next morning they said they were going to send a maintenance man to my room to see if I had set the system incorrectly. He never showed and I was insulted as the controls were VERY simple to set.
Other members of our group all said that their rooms were very warm. I suspect they are aware that their cooling system is performing inadequately. I doubt if I will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. This used to be an Embassy Suites.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a spacious property done in a spanish like decor. I visited with my husband and teenage daughter and grandson. It is right across from the mall and there are many places to eat close by. The first thing I saw when I checked in was a huge display of the ten commandments which seemed strange as they gave me the coupons for drinks. There is a bar but this was a Sunday and it was not open. I did not eat in the restaurant. Anyhow, the decor was alright, place seemed clean enough and the check in was efficient and polite. The room was a long way from the lobby but on the bottom floor. Outside of the room was a sofa in the hallway and some other old furniture.
No space was spared in the room. It was a two room suite but the size of a normal room divided. The bathroom was Jack and Jill style and very small. The bathtub was unsupported and although I am not a very large person, it felt like I would fall through the bottom.
There was a fold out sofa for the kids but the mattress was iffy at best. There were two TVs and they were newer and nice. The WiFi was not very good that faraway and it was actually better to connect to the neighboring hotel for internet service.
The bed was very nice though and very comfortable. No fold out valet to hold the suitcase. I slept fairly well except that water dripped outside the window and each time the air shut off I could hear it. The kids had another experience though because late in the night people were partying in the area and sitting on that sofa drinking and they were very loud.
The pool was inside and the hot tub was nice. There was the monitor watching the pool but I didn't find him particularly creepy (as noted by other reviewers) Nothing special but alright. The breakfast was cooked to order, my omlet completely over cooked and my husband's over easy eggs were not cooked enough. The evening reception included mixed drinks with well liquour and that was nice. We had a nice time but it is unlikely I will return.

Room Tip: I am not sure that any place in this hotel is away from the noise and public partying.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lodi, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

MCM is actually a clever acronym for messy crummy motel. There is nothing that separates this from your common Motel 8 and in fact, since I travel on business, I feel the need to bring a black light with me to check the cleanliness. Let me tell you, the room turned completely white despite the lights being off. I know it's common for things to happen but come on, at least try to make me feel as if some effort was put into cleaning. I'm glad I only stayed there for the night. The greeter was nice, though I have to question the black on black ensemble.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
bristol uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This place is great we arrived on a sunday night and asked for a senior rate and instead of $145 we got it for $100.
The room was a suite and we got 8 free drinks and breakfeast included. The best value we had in 14 nights in Texasi.

There is a great restaurant next door called the Outback its a chain but great food and value and the wine is good and good price

Room Tip: all the rooms look good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My third visit there. Overall, a good stay. Only major hiccup was checking in. I reserved online weeks in advance, but the staff didn't have my reservation on file. The staff explained that sometimes the online reservation doesn't make it from MCM's central location to each location. (Tip -- call the specific location for your reservation). Fortunately, they had a similar room available. The manager, Casey, was sincerely apologetic and provided us several freebies to compensate.
The breakfast, as always, was outstanding. Miss Annie and Johnny were very nice and courteous.
The door to our room malfunctioned on the second day. The maintenance man quickly made it to our room and quietly made repairs (much appreciated, as we had a four-month old who was a bit fussy).
Regrettably, we didn't make it to the pool and spa as we've done before. Nice that MCM Elegante has an adults-only swim hour.

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyards gets pretty noisy on the weekends, especially on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I plus son and daughter in law and a 4 year old and a 2 year old recently stayed the night at MCM Elegante Suites in Abilene, TX. We had had a long day driving and didn't arrive until after 9 pm so we didn't take advantage of the swimming area that looked inviting. Our room was on the first floor with a huge open area with sitting areas close by. The grandkids loved running around after being couped up in a car all day. It was very pretty. It is true, the hotel could use some updating, but our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. It had a seperate living room area where we ate our supper, which was pizza delivered from Dominoes. It was nice to be able to stretch our legs. I wish the room had had queen or king beds, but since there was a pull out sofa we did fine. We asked for a crib which was delivered immediately. I loved having a sink in the master bedroom area to brush teeth etc. while others were in the bath. We did have a small issue with the toilet handle acting funny, but we never reported it, so I can't complain. We all received vouchers for a full breakfast the next morning which we found very good. This was the first time I used a MCM hotel, and we were happy with it. I would have loved it costing a little less, but once you consider the size of the room, and 6 full breakfasts, $ 163 was not a bad deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to MCM Elegante Suites? Share your experiences!