“Friendly staff, clean, great location!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitten Inn Expo Center

Save Saved
You added Whitten Inn Expo Center to your Saves list
Whitten Inn Expo Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   840 East US Highway 80, 840 East US Highway 80, Abilene, TX 79601 (Formerly the Travel Lodge)   |
Ranked #27 of 36 hotels in Abilene
Arlington, Texas
“Friendly staff, clean, great location!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The front desk and house keeping staff were so friendly, very helpful, my room was cleaned very well everyday. location is fantastic, would come back and stay at the same place again. loved the pool area, great to go with family again and have BBQ. My most favorite part was going to the on site bar in the evening for few drinks. Best thing!!!

Room Tip: great place to stay... friendly service!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked through Expedia, was charged 71.80 for the room. We got there and was given a receipt we weren't supposed to see, which showed the actual price of the room was 39.00. We didn't even stay. I contacted Expedia about a refund, they claimed the hotel already charged them their fee and would only reimburse me the difference in pricing. I will never use Expedia again. As for the hotel, it needs reported to the BBB!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Ash P, General Manager at Whitten Inn Expo Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I apologize for the confusion at check in. As with any booking agency, commissions are paid to that company which is why you saw a difference in the price. That is something you should never have to worry about and again, I apologize. Also, due to our cancellation policy as stated on Expedia, if there are changes made within 24 hours of check in, guests are still responsible for the first night's charges which is why you were charged even though you chose not to stay. I hope that in the future you are able to find lodging that best suits your needs and expectations.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very inexpensive room. OK for a place to lay your head for the night.

Noisy air conditioner; Way too powerful for the room size. When cycled on, it was freezing. When cycled off, hot. I think I awoke for every cycle change.
Beds are worn out; dips in each of the two sleeping positions. They're also on low metal frames with wheels. Some wheels broken. Mattress was about knee-high on me. Reminded me of when I couldn't afford a mattress frame under my bed.

High-speed Internet? This is deceptive advertising. It ISN'T high speed at all. In fact, you can fall asleep waiting after clicking a website. I'd call it Totally Useless. I was never even able to check emails; much less browse for places to eat, etc.

Otherwise, the room was worth the approximately $60 per night advertised price. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ash P, General Manager at Whitten Inn Expo Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do apologize that your accommodations were less than satisfactory. We strive to make sure our guests are happy and comfortable. Many of our rooms have been updated to newer frames and mattresses and the old frames are going. Often we do not know the frames are broken unless our guests tell us, but rest assured we are constantly updating. Our WiFi service is usually very good and we do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We were booked to capacity and since the speed is determinate on the number of users logged on that may have been the issue. We will have our IT look into that. Again, Thank you for your review as it will help us with any trouble areas we have and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have traveled the world and have NEVER seen anything like this..Ever! There are two Whitten Inns in Abilene and can't speak about both, just the junk hole we stayed in. I really didn't want to lay in the bed for fear of something disgusting.. I didnt want to brush my teeth looking at a rusty sink and it was hard to take a shower when the tub wouldn't drain. I got right into my shoes from the shower for fear of what I would walk on in what looked like pee covered tile. I could go on and on but am starting to get a stomach ache. Look at all the pictures my boyfriend took on his review. I felt bad for the lady at the front desk because she sincerely apologized but it's not her fault. They need to seriously tear down this place and start from the ground up. I felt $75 for this place was $67 too much. This owner used to work for Hilton Hotels? Looks like he didn't bring any of his experience here. Ggggrosss! Don't stay here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bronson Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in an infested room with my two kids. After the first night I woke up with bites all over my body. The motel staff tried covering up the problem and then wouldn't reimburse me. Also, I am still dealing with this nightmare because I brought them home with me. I've tried calling the manager to resolve the issue but the next step is a lawyer.
I have traveled all over the U.S. and never once in my life have I been bit by a bed bug. Now I have an infestation thanks to this motel, and they could care less!

• Stayed November 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We intended staying here for 3 nights but checked out after the first. After being on the road for 14 hours and arriving at 23:00 there was not much time to seek other accommodations.
Upon entering the room we should have known that there was going to be problems. The front door had graffiti on it along with massive smudges and greasy hand prints. The comforters ( and the entire room) are outdated (70's), the bathroom was plain gross, there were boogers on the walls, empty Marlboro cigarette packs in the dresser, the tub takes as long to drain as long as it takes to shower. Had to wait for the tub to drain which took 8 minutes. The bathroom sink? Rusted and disgusting. Urine or humidity grease running down the bath wall onto the tile. The coffee pot was covered with handprints. The shower head was 5 feet high. Who can possibly take a normal shower when the shower head is this low?
One hangar was on the rod, no hair dryer, paper stuck to the bottom shelf of the nightstand. I can continue but my fingers are now tired from complaining and my head is tired from the lack of sleep.
Katie at the front counter felt terrible and apologized (understandably not her fault).
Never again!
I will attach photos with proof later.
Btw. We rented rooms 119, 120, 121 and my post is about room 120. The other two rooms were just as bad by the way.

Stayed April 2014
Ash P, General Manager at Whitten Inn Expo Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We certainly apologize for your experience. The rooms that you are referring to have been shut down and are getting a facelift as we speak. We hate to hear anyone having such an experience and we strive to correct any issues as soon as possible.
Burkesville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at Whitten Inn in Abliene, Tx and it was the most pleasent place to stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. They had a wonderful breakfast.

I would most definately stay at Whitten Inn again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ash P, General Manager at Whitten Inn Expo Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We are so happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was a pleasant one and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Whitten Inn Expo Center? Share your experiences!