“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
Houston, TX
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

When Priceline revealed this was my hotel for two nights, I was a bit disappointed. I stayed at this property several years ago and was not pleased. However, this stay was completely different. The Whitten's bought this hotel and completely updated it. Although the lobby, guest room and breakfast area was impressive, what I will remember most is the friendliness of the staff. They were very helpful and welcoming. I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
wiexpo, Owner at BEST WESTERN Whitten South, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
We are so glad that we turned your disappointment into approval! We have done quite of bit of updating since we took over this hotel in December of 2011 and are continuing to do so in order to improve on our guests experiences here. Our staff is trained to put guest service above all else and we are pleased to hear that it is showing. Thank you for your visit and for your review. Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am on the road 300 days out of the year and have recently stayed at just Best Westens to rack up points for an up coming trip. After staying at several Best Westerns This one rates top in service and friendliness and they have hard boild eggs which is wonderful for us health nuts who like to eat egg whites only.
It mak not be a brand new hotel with inside rooms but all rooms are modern updated clean have bath matts which is a plus they put extra extra car in there room and service. I have actually stayed there several times and everytime I go to Abilene that is my hotel of choice. It is safe and friendly clean clean and American Owned and Operated.. I LOVE THAT

Room Tip: I like in the back near the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for making us your hotel of choice when you are in our area. We strive very hard to turn all our guests into not only return guests, but friends as well. We appreciate you staying with us, every time you stay with us, and look forward to your return. Thank you again and Happy New Year!
Round Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The staff were extraordinarily helpful. The room was excellent. I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

wiexpo, Owner at BEST WESTERN Whitten South, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Our guests are the Best Guests!!! Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. You were a joy to have stay with us and we look forward to you visiting again!
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Best Western Whitten South hotel was an overall great experience as a guest. The staff was on the mark on everything and worked to make things happen. The best they offered was their friendliness and service and felt helped throughout my entire 2 week stay. The continentel breakfast became a perfect start for my day to get ready for the day's work. Definetley will be coming back here my next business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
wiexpo, Owner at BEST WESTERN Whitten South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are extremely pleased that we have created a return guest with you. We strive to make each of our guests feel like the most important guest we have. Thank you for your review and for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Besides having very comfortable rooms, the hotel lobby is very beautifully decorated. Quality art, flowers and furniture adorn the lobby and tv room. A nice surprise was the upstairs meeting room that is open to the lobby. It made a nice reading area for me while I waited for my wife to recover from an illness. She was comfortable in our room and I was comfortable in the upstairs meeting area. The dining area provided all our breakfast needs.

It is obvious to the guests that the owners take great pride in decorating the lobby with beautifully art, plus a few interesting items that make it unique.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wiexpo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Whitten South, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to, and review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that your wife was able to recover comfortably here. The comfort and decor of our hotel is credited to our owners, who hand select the items going into our rooms as well as our lobby. Again we thank you for your recent visit and for you taking the time to post your review.

Been to BEST WESTERN Whitten South? Share your experiences!