“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I felt the cost was a bit pricey for the area but the rooms and amenities do make up for it. The beds were comfortable and the linens were nice. The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful and pleasant. I enjoyed the pool a lot. A decent size and also very clean. The breakfast, which was included in the price, was good. Great variety and they changed the hot portion daily. Also had bag breakfasts on weekdays that you could grab on your way out. Also available was complementary coffee, sweet tea and fresh cookies everyday. A very nice touch. We were in town for a wedding and this hotel turned out to be a pleasant find that I would say was well worth the money.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and could here the loud footsteps in the room above. Maybe best to ask f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Diane W,

Thank you for the compliments about our property and the rooms and amenities we provide! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting for a wedding. I am glad that our coffee, sweet tea and cookies were an added refresher for your stay with us! It is great that you had the time to take advantage of our outdoor pool to cool down from the hot weather we have been having this summer! Thank you again and remember, We Love Having You Here!

~James Moore, Associate General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

When girlfriends live in Lubbock and Fort Worth, the best place to meet is Abilene! While we have gone to Albany and Buffalo Gap in the past, we decided just to get a hotel right off the freeway. This Hampton Inn was soooo nice and clean! ALL the staff was exceptionally nice from the Front Desk Agent, the person working the breakfast, the pool person, everyone asked if we needed anything.

The pool was very clean; the person asked if we were getting in before she backwashed it. They have a good list of nearby places to eat or deliver.

The rooms were very clean, the duvets are washed EVERY day. You can help save water by hanging up your towels and not washing them every day.

The breakfast was really good! Several hot items from sausage, eggs, waffles to cereal and the regular offerings.

I would SO recommend this hotel to anyone needing a room in Abilene!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BensMom2,

Thank you for the review about your stay with us! I am glad that we were a great spot for you and your girlfriends to meet up and enjoy some quality time together over the weekend. Thank you for the compliments about our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to others! We hope that you will visit us again soon!

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

During a recent work assignment, I was provided with a room at this location after a severe storm displaced me from another hotel. I called the front staff, explained the situation and the young man was very accommodating and provided me with a place to stay. The rooms show their wear but are clean and smell fresh. I always select the top floor away from the elevator, however, this particular stay was on an emergency because the other hotel I was staying lost all power and suffered roof damage during my stay. I was able to hear loud conversations from next door and people walking from above. Definitely, not a comfortable experience when traveling for business but is certainly a clean and value place to stay.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear b0rtiz,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us back in July due to the emergency with another hotel! I appreciate you choosing us as your second option in lodging. I want to apologize for the noise that you encountered while conducting business in Abilene. We are researching ideas on how to cost effectively provide better sound insulation for our rooms. I also want to thank you for the compliments on the cleanliness and freshness of our guest rooms. If you ever find yourself in Abilene again, we would love to have you give us another opportunity to provide a better stay!

League City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. I am still very happy with the service and value that they give. I was warmly greeted at the front desk. My room was nice and spacious. I found a good selection of items for breakfast the next day and I was very pleased that the staff was warm and friendly. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Abilene for College Events, etc..

Room Tip: I prefer the suites over the rooms. They cost a little more but they give you a lot more space to mo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear JMSDOC,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us! I am so glad that we have done a good job with providing great service and quality. Your compliments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for recommending our location for College Events. We are only about 3 miles away from both Abilene Christian University and Hardin-Simmons University!

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel. Clean. Good breakfast selection. Hotel was quiet even though it appeared to be full for the weekend. Pool area was clean. The fitness center was small with only a few machines but my husband used it and got a decent workout. Extremely courteous and helpful staff. Had a small party for my daughter who graduated and they even offered to keep some of the refreshments in their lounge refrigerator if they would not fit in the room refrigerator. We had 3 rooms with our group. The only complaint I heard was that the flag pole was outside one of the rooms and the chain banged against the pole when the wind blew and woke them up. Great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Lisa S.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us last weekend! I am glad that we could be a part of your daughter's graduation! I am blessed with such a great team that does the best to make every guest’s stay special! I am so pleased to hear about our efforts to make you and your family's stay special! Congratulations on your daughter's graduation with her Master's degree! Thank you again! And remember, We Love Having You Here!

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a smoking facility. People are allowed to smoke in their rooms on the same floor and next door to a non-smoking room. Does this make any sense to anyone? Our experience here was absolutely nothing like statements made in other tripadvisor comments. We booked this room because of tripadvisor and I would like to warn others especially those with allergies or asthma that they may need to book at a different hotel. The smokers were allowed by this hotel to smoke in their rooms and to also leave their doors ajar into the hallway. Our youngest has asthma and we were concerned about his health. The smoke filled our room. The staff said there was nothing that could be done. Really? I can think of a number of things. One, I am doing right now which is to let people know that smoking is allowed in this hotel and to forewarn others. So if you smoke you now know of a hotel that will welcome you and if you don't, BEWARE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear TexasRoadTripMom,

First of all I would like to thank you for completing a review about our hotel. I appreciate the feedback about your stay with us and raising awareness about having smoking rooms. We do have 4 rooms that are smoking on the top floor of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of being on the top floor with the smoking rooms. We do our best to accommodate every guest (including those who may smoke). We are also very aware of the needs of other guests who have special preferences like those due to allergies. We do our best to meet these request based on the knowledge provided to us when the reservation is made or at check-in. I apologize about your dissatisfaction and apologize that we did not have another room we could switch you to that is located on a different floor away from the smoking rooms. Smoking in the room with the door open is not something that we condone. When made aware of a situation, we do the best we can to ask the guest to be respectful of guests around who may be allergic or have asthma. Unfortunately, we cannot make or force people to do anything they are not willing to do.

Again, I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us in regards to the smoking rooms at our property.

El Paso, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The king suite was excellent for the price. The staff were very helpful. The location was easy to get to from the highway. The breakfast was hot and varied. The pool was refreshing. My family enjoyed the whirlpool by the pool. The rooms were spacious. The internet connectivity was excellent. If I am ever in Abilene, I will check out this hotel first.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear John H,

Thank you for completing a survey about our property and your stay with us. I am a little overwhelmed by all of your great compliments about your stay! You just filled your survey with praise about every aspect of the hotel; breakfast, the pool, our location, the rooms, and our internet. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit in Abilene. And remember, We Love Having You Here!

~James Moore, Associate General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20? Share your experiences!