“Will stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 36 hotels in Abilene
United States
“Will stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel. Clean. Good breakfast selection. Hotel was quiet even though it appeared to be full for the weekend. Pool area was clean. The fitness center was small with only a few machines but my husband used it and got a decent workout. Extremely courteous and helpful staff. Had a small party for my daughter who graduated and they even offered to keep some of the refreshments in their lounge refrigerator if they would not fit in the room refrigerator. We had 3 rooms with our group. The only complaint I heard was that the flag pole was outside one of the rooms and the chain banged against the pole when the wind blew and woke them up. Great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Lisa S.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us last weekend! I am glad that we could be a part of your daughter's graduation! I am blessed with such a great team that does the best to make every guest’s stay special! I am so pleased to hear about our efforts to make you and your family's stay special! Congratulations on your daughter's graduation with her Master's degree! Thank you again! And remember, We Love Having You Here!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a smoking facility. People are allowed to smoke in their rooms on the same floor and next door to a non-smoking room. Does this make any sense to anyone? Our experience here was absolutely nothing like statements made in other tripadvisor comments. We booked this room because of tripadvisor and I would like to warn others especially those with allergies or asthma that they may need to book at a different hotel. The smokers were allowed by this hotel to smoke in their rooms and to also leave their doors ajar into the hallway. Our youngest has asthma and we were concerned about his health. The smoke filled our room. The staff said there was nothing that could be done. Really? I can think of a number of things. One, I am doing right now which is to let people know that smoking is allowed in this hotel and to forewarn others. So if you smoke you now know of a hotel that will welcome you and if you don't, BEWARE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear TexasRoadTripMom,

First of all I would like to thank you for completing a review about our hotel. I appreciate the feedback about your stay with us and raising awareness about having smoking rooms. We do have 4 rooms that are smoking on the top floor of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of being on the top floor with the smoking rooms. We do our best to accommodate every guest (including those who may smoke). We are also very aware of the needs of other guests who have special preferences like those due to allergies. We do our best to meet these request based on the knowledge provided to us when the reservation is made or at check-in. I apologize about your dissatisfaction and apologize that we did not have another room we could switch you to that is located on a different floor away from the smoking rooms. Smoking in the room with the door open is not something that we condone. When made aware of a situation, we do the best we can to ask the guest to be respectful of guests around who may be allergic or have asthma. Unfortunately, we cannot make or force people to do anything they are not willing to do.

Again, I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us in regards to the smoking rooms at our property.

El Paso, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The king suite was excellent for the price. The staff were very helpful. The location was easy to get to from the highway. The breakfast was hot and varied. The pool was refreshing. My family enjoyed the whirlpool by the pool. The rooms were spacious. The internet connectivity was excellent. If I am ever in Abilene, I will check out this hotel first.

Dear John H,

Thank you for completing a survey about our property and your stay with us. I am a little overwhelmed by all of your great compliments about your stay! You just filled your survey with praise about every aspect of the hotel; breakfast, the pool, our location, the rooms, and our internet. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit in Abilene. And remember, We Love Having You Here!

Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is my choice when staying in the Abilene area. As a business traveler, the amenities afforded by this facility are excellent. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable of area, rooms and public areas were very clean and attractive, and location of complex is convenient to shopping and dining establishments.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Christine, thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. On behalf of my staff, thank you for the compliments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that our offerings and rooms were excellent. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Abilene!

Dallas, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was not in my room very much, but the time spent there was made very pleasant by the amenities. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and easy to navigate. I was made to feel very welcome by the employees.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Marca Lee,

Thank you for completing a review about your stay with us! We appreciate your kind comments about your stay with us and the amenities provided. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable Cloud 9 beds! Maybe next time you travel through Abilene you will have a chance to relax more in the room. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived at this hotel very late one night after a long drive. The night clerk could not have been more helpful. In fact, everyone on the staff at this Hampton was helpful. The entire hotel has been remodeled. Our room on the 1st floor was large, clean and comfortable. The only oddity about it was that, after we had finally unpacked, we could hear almost everything that the folks next door were doing. We had to laugh, thinking that our room must have been the only one in the hotel with such a thin wall. The next morning, however, we could hear almost everything through the ceiling from the floor above us and almost everything from the hall outside our door. Again, we had to laugh. For us, this was a very comfortable hotel with only one shortcoming. Breakfast was served in a large, open room which is next to the lobby and which features an impressive western-themed mural. It can be a little difficult to see the hotel from the highway. If you are arriving from the West on I-20, make sure to take Exit 286C (not 286A or 286B) onto the feeder road. At the stop sign, turn left (North) on West Lake Road and go over the freeway. The hotel will be on your left behind a large Alon gas station and a Best Western.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We appreciate your rave review! However, I do want to apologize about the noise you experienced during your stay. Thank you for being so good natured about the situation and giving us grace in regards to this. I am glad that you still enjoyed your stay with us so much! Our exit is 286C from both the West and the East. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Tyler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was traveling to this location on business with two other people. we each had our own rooms and we were all extrememly pleased with the accommodations . Check in was quick, room was awesome, breakfast was more than adequate. Clean, wonderful scent on bed linens. Would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review Chris. It was a pleasure to have you and your co-worker stay with us while doing business in Abilene. Thank you for all the great compliments about our hotel, the staff, and our clean rooms! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

~James Moore, Associate General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20? Share your experiences!