“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Central Texas
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

From a stay Nov 24/25, 2011

Four things count for a good stay - clean, comfortable, quiet and kind. This Hampton passes well in all regards. The room, lobby, grounds all were spotless. Beds were really comfortable, a lot better than the usual "pool table with a sheet on top". (I would have taken the bed with me but couldn't zip my suitcase shut.) Though this hotel is fairly close to the highway, we heard no noise, either from outside the hotel or from other guests. And the night clerks and day clerks and all the other staff treated us like special guests, particularly the lady who set out breakfast (I neglected to catch her name). Every one of them asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay a good one. But they didn't have to ask - in how they run things, they'd already done it.

Additional things... The night clerk had several good recommendations for nearby dining and was good at offering directions. Breakfast was fresh with a wide variety to choose from. Wireless internet speed was about average. I always appreciate the very large lobby area that many Hamptons offer, and this hotel has that feature.

If we stay in Abilene again, this hotel gets our first consideration.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel face north, with nothing but open Texas countryside in view. Pro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

Nice new clean Hampton Inn well located near I-20.
Usual HI breakfast, wish they would have fresh local pastries or doughnuts!

• Stayed November 2011
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We arrived late at night and we were put into a king suite on the end of a hallway on one of the top floors. It was peaceful, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. After a restful nights sleep, we checked out and went to breakfast. This is one of the best complimentary breakfast buffets that I have experienced. They had absolutely everything on their buffet and an abundance of everything as well. We will definitely plan to stay here again when traveling through Texas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Enjoyed our stay! Clean, comfortable and close to ACU & HSU.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was our half way stop on a drive to Austin. We were so pleased when we ot there. The check in clerk was friendly and check in was quick. Our room was clean and fresh. It was plenty big enough for 4 adults. The beds were so comfortable. It was a wonderful nights sleep. Breakfast is supurb. I appreciate that they actually "serve" breakfast the full time, as we have been to other hotels that just sit the food out and then don't do anything else with it, leaving the late eaters with nothing to eat. We travel to Austin alot and we look forward to staying here again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Amarillo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was here on business, and this happened to be a good deal (price-wise) and was not very far from my meeting place downtown. The hotel is a little out of the way, but not difficult to find. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was great--cozy and just the right amount of firmness. There was no bathtub in my bathroom, just a big shower, but that wasn't a big deal to me. I didn't spend a great deal of time in the room, but I am VERY picky about my hotel rooms--and this one met or exceeded all my expectations. The hotel staff was always friendly. Didn't sample the breakfast or the pool, but both looked to be more than adequate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Very nice newer hHpton Inn. All the ammenities you come to expect with hampton Inn. It is a little out there by itself, but hey, if you are there you have a car and you can drive anywhere in 5 to 15 minutes. It was the perfect place for us to spend the night on the way to EL Paso, and the staff was SUPER friendly.

Room Tip: Top floor is nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20? Share your experiences!