“Okay Place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 226 Restaurants in Abilene
Abilene, Texas
“Okay Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We tried Stillwater for lunch. We got the 2 meat plate which includes 2 meats, 2 sides with 2 slices of white bread for $12.49 each. We tried brisket, sausage, turkey and pulled pork. The best was the turkey then the brisket but they were nothing special. We did not like the pork and the sausage was very tough. We had the macaroni side which was probably the best thing we ate there. The cheesy potatoes side looked old and some of the potatoes were hard and not fully cooked. The baked bean side did not look appealing but it tasted okay.

You get a serving platter with a sheet of brown butcher paper and plastic utensils. They had 2 kinds of sauce on the table which were both extremely watery. The sauce completely soaked the paper and by the end of the meal the paper was soggy and ripped. The plastic knife was so flimsy it wouldn't cut the sausage. The severs behind the counter were very nice. Our experience was probably less than average but can't say it was poor. They should do a better job of preparing the side items instead of making them look like lunch room food (no kidding here), use paper that doesn't get soaked and tear during the meal, invest in some better utensils and don't water down the barbecue sauce. I saw the food truck outside, probably great for that but needs major improvement for a sit down restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Abilene, Texas
“you should go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Okay I love bbq I'm very meticulous about about it. I've seen this place for a couple of months not quite sure if I wanted to try, but I did today and I am happy. The only way to try everything is to be aping. I had the three meat sandwich and it was good. It was generous. I had the beans also. Not really impressed. Now don't get me wrong they were good but I don't like sweet otherwise very good.

Visited June 2014