“You really get what you pay for...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Abilene

You added Motel 6 Abilene to your Saves list
Motel 6 Abilene
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4951 W. Stamford Street, I-20 at Shirley Road, Exit #282, Abilene, TX 79603   |
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
baumholder, Germany
“You really get what you pay for...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and i paid 56 dollars for the room we stayed in which is great for a pet friendly hotel. BUT the room doesnt have carpet its like a vinyl, the sink is separate from the bathroom the shower is just that, just a shower no tub at all. There was one towel and one wash cloth, when asked for more towels the attendant gave us 2 "pool" towels but they are the kind that go on the floor to dry up the water on the floor oh and make sure you have or arent about to run out of your soap or shampoo because there is none in the hotel. I swear i will never stay at this aweful place again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Uvalde, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ok so I went to Abilene for family reasons and was tight on money. When they say it's what you pay for its exactly right. Cheap! The first room I booked into, the air conditioning was not working. Leaking out too. My cars air was cooler it might also have been they put me where the sun was facing the windows. Not good.. And the tv was messing up as in static. Sketching out. So I went down and asked for a new room. Thank god I did, the other room was facing another wall across so I had shade. And the air condition was not leaking. It's small but the bathroom was decent size. The shower head pressure was very low. So I felt as if I was showering in rain. We had a connection door in our room. We did not know the neighbors but we could smell marijuana seeping into our room. Not a great environment for anyone. Alot of not well cleaned people hanging around outside, talking to themselves. A bit creepy. And parking. I wanted to see my vehicle outside my window at all times. It gets pretty packed. The housekeeping was nice, but our toilet and sink were still dirty and I mean like food still dried up on our sink handle and inside sink. I was disgusted to even wash my hands let alone brush my teeth.. But at only 39.00 a night it's what you play for. We checked out and went somewhere new.

Room Tip: Spend an extra 20 a night and stay somewhere else that's clean and healthier.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Angelo, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The price is ok for this motel but it goes back to the saying-"you get what you pay for". The refrigerator was leaking all night,and flies out the wazoo in the room. I had to go to the front desk to ask for a flyswatter or a different room,and unfortunately that was the last room on the first floor. The gate to the swimming pool was broken-where the card reader is-the girl up front says you have to reach over the gate and push the button-great. Then when you do get in the pool-the handrail is wobbly and the light that is supposed to be in the pool is pulled out and setting on the side of the pool-yeah. My family and I will not stay here again and I advise anyone else to look for a different motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Ok ppl. ... I have been staying at motel 6's since daughter went in airforce I have stayed at san antonio texas, wichita falls tx,buloxi ms, tucson az but this one in abilene is not like the others. I am single mother with 2 small kids. Its dark,very dark. Hotel sits off by itself. No stores no light. There r a lot of trucks(dump) some man knocked on my door. I wouldn't answer it. There r strange noises(not the kind adults make when alone)ppl r walking like crack heads or meth tweakers.NEVER AGAIN! There ARE cigarette burns on blankets.no tub.I don't feel safe I am about to leave.

• Stayed March 2012
warsaw, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The staff and the room surprised us. We did not like to go to Motel 6 as the few we stayed in,one other than this one was great. This hotel was cleaned, small but sufficient to move around. I think that what impressed us the most, after we checked in which was friendly and accurate, got to our room, the clerk called to ask if everything was okay and did we need anything, that was refreshing, she cared that the room was clean and to our satidfaction, which it was. I would without question stay here again. Kiddos to the staff and cleaning personnel. Thanks

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gonzales, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Pros
-The price was great, but we got what we paid for.
- It was basically clean
Cons---
--I requested non-smoking and the room wreaked. It had an astray in the room turned upside down with a no smoking symbol! There were cigarette burns in the bed spread.
-THey charge 2.99 for internet.
-The walls are very thin.
There were many empty parking places, but nothing available on 1st floor.
-I will not stay here again....
Pro or con--- It had pergo flooring..... no carpet......

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Our room was very clean, small, but sufficient for our one night stay. Not a heap of pressure from the shower head but still ok, people with long hair shouldn't have an issue.

Bed was super comfortable, pillows maybe a tad soft. The only issue was the super thin walls. I group of men arrived into the room next to ours quite late and they didn't sound like they were being extra loud, but we could hear them quite clearly through the walls. Just a note for light sleepers

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Abilene? Share your experiences!