“Great Room/ Terrible Desk Help” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Whitten Inn University

Whitten Inn University
You added Whitten Inn University to your Saves list
Whitten Inn University
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1625 Texas Highway 351, I-20 Exit 288, Abilene, TX 79601   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Room/ Terrible Desk Help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2003

The Receptionist, I belive her name was Sasha, was rude and unattentive. She never smiled, quick to speak and seemed not to care much for my concerns. I brought a coupon, and she told me that it was no good even before I finish pulling it out. I have bad knees and asked for a lower level. She snap that there was no room, so I ask for help and her reply was thank you, your room will be ready in 30 minutes to an hour. Her helper was very freindly but she was obnoxious, rude, and unneccessaryly gashful. While standing there a gentlmen conplain that his toliet ran all nite long and no one would help him/ fix it. Ms.
Sasha, screamed at a young men behind her, and proceeded to repromind him in public. Very unprofessional. Except for her, my experience was tolerable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2003

I stayed at the Whitten Inn for 9 months as a traveling nurse and was totally satisfied. It was my first assignment away from home with no family and no friends. But that did not last long.!!!!!!! The Whitten Inn family adopted me and took care of me, watched out for me, and met all my needs. Words cannot express the excellent professional service from the front door to the end of the pool. Once when I was sick, they checked on me to make sure there was nothing I needed. When my car broke down, they made sure I got to work. If you are looking for a big chain with no friendly touch then the whitten is not for you. But if you want to feel like a KING or QUEEN for a time this is defenitely the place. I love them all. Jackie Jubert

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2003

Great Place!I've stayed at this location (I-20 location) for years.Through out all the management changes the Whitten's are the best. Mrs Whitten has been there most times to help with checking me in.(Training and directing) Mr Whitten is usualy there when I check out.(A super nice guy). The staff has always been nice and very helpful. Great breakfast! Great TV with lots of chanels! and now high speed internet!
"Oh yea.... I'm home"!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2003

it was nothing but a nightmare. i called the front desk because people were drunk and loud outside my room. nothing was done about it. then in the morning i had water coming down into my room from upstairs. i asked for a partial refund on this room and was told they were only gonna give me 9.00 dollars. what a joke! anyways i will be taking this further. i asked the girl to call the cops for me and she refused. i called them myself so they could witness what the room looked like. i now have a police report, and will be contacting a laywer to have this resolved. also i took pictures of everything before i left. if you cant rectify this situation then you will hear from my laywer.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2003

I paid $54 (plus tax) for my room that same night. It seemed expensive, but I was tired and needed a room.While driving around in Abilene later that evening, I saw their billboards which said a room was only about $38.They seem to have two locations. The one I stayed at did not offer free breakfast. There is a restaurant which would (obviously) charge separately.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2003

Thanks to the Whitten Inn what looked like a ruined family reunion was saved. They had accomodations for 12 rooms, served a nice breakfast and we had use of a banquet room at the other location for the reunion. Thanks to the friendly staff and the clean facilities. You can tell the inns are AMERICAN owned and operated. Thanks again--we will be back!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2003

For the price it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in... For $48 dollars the room included a refrigerator, micrwave, iron and ironing board. The rooms were of a good size and the beds were very comfortable. But the best was the staff, they were friendly and helpful. The pool was a definite plus, it was larger than most hotel pools that you find. All this and a super continental breakfast... I will stay there again, when I go back to Abilene!!!! I went to a much higher priced hotel in the area that some friends were staying at and our room was every bit as nice, for half the price!!!! A thoroughly enjoyable stay, good job folks!!!

Been to Whitten Inn University? Share your experiences!