“Not a great value (for West Texas)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Whitten Inn University

Whitten Inn University
You added Whitten Inn University to your Saves list
Whitten Inn University
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1625 Texas Highway 351, I-20 Exit 288, Abilene, TX 79601   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not a great value (for West Texas)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2003

I paid $54 (plus tax) for my room that same night. It seemed expensive, but I was tired and needed a room.While driving around in Abilene later that evening, I saw their billboards which said a room was only about $38.They seem to have two locations. The one I stayed at did not offer free breakfast. There is a restaurant which would (obviously) charge separately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2003

Thanks to the Whitten Inn what looked like a ruined family reunion was saved. They had accomodations for 12 rooms, served a nice breakfast and we had use of a banquet room at the other location for the reunion. Thanks to the friendly staff and the clean facilities. You can tell the inns are AMERICAN owned and operated. Thanks again--we will be back!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2003

For the price it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in... For $48 dollars the room included a refrigerator, micrwave, iron and ironing board. The rooms were of a good size and the beds were very comfortable. But the best was the staff, they were friendly and helpful. The pool was a definite plus, it was larger than most hotel pools that you find. All this and a super continental breakfast... I will stay there again, when I go back to Abilene!!!! I went to a much higher priced hotel in the area that some friends were staying at and our room was every bit as nice, for half the price!!!! A thoroughly enjoyable stay, good job folks!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2003

Room was extremely clean, Staff was very frienldy, love that Texas hospitality, i will stay here every time i come to abilene, Wonderful just wonderful, my new home away from home

Been to Whitten Inn University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Whitten Inn University

Address: 1625 Texas Highway 351, I-20 Exit 288, Abilene, TX 79601
Location: United States > Texas > Abilene
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
#8 Family Hotel in Abilene
#13 Business Hotel in Abilene
Hotel Class:2 star — Whitten Inn University 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Whitten Inn University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Whitten Inn University Hotel Abilene
Whitten Hotel Abilene
Whitten Hotel University

If you own or manage Whitten Inn University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.