“I should know better than to come here after 8:00pm! (8:20 to be exact)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
1602 Hwy 351, I20 & Hwy 351, Exit 288, Abilene, TX
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 215 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Lawton, OK
“I should know better than to come here after 8:00pm! (8:20 to be exact)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cracker Barrel is a 'breakfast restaurant'. I came in after 8 pm on wednesday, and like at all Cracker Barrel's, I was instantly Welcomed with a greeting by the cashiers when I entered the door.
After waiting 5 mins at the hostess station, she finally came back from sweeping in the dining room, and got me The Breakfast Menu so that I could place a to-go order. Then off she went to find me a Server who could take my order.
No problem with that but another 5 mins rolls by. Sophie (I think that was her name) showed up and I place my order which had 2 orders of pancakes on it, with fruit topping. Well Sophie seemed very perturbed, aka put-out to have to take my order. That's the problem when you get someone who is busy doing their 'closing duties' who would rather be OFF than be at the restaurant. I myself think that the hostess should be 'cross trained' so she could have stepped in. Or the manager could have done it since he came up to the Hostess station while she was off looking for someone with a order ticket book.
Order was delivered to the cashier (finally) at 834 pm And 'Sophie' forgot the fruit toppings. I then waited while my cashier went off to make it right. Ten min later here's my fruit toppings. But now the pancakes, bacon, egg orders are cold.
Denny's here I come!!! They are cheaper and they usually get it RIGHT!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Quebec City, Canada
“very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We love this restaurant. We had many meals at this restaurant. Everything is good: soup and salad, ckicken, mac'n' cheese and breakfast too. You can get very healthy meals and the service is always good. I love that we can choose different vegetables. It is very important for us to eat lots of vegetables. Yummy, yummy! When will we have Cracker Barrel in Canada???

Visited May 2013
Longview, Texas
“Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good service, good food, gave me a good option close to my hotel. Haven't been too disappointed in a Cracker Barrel yet.

Dallas, Texas
“slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good food as expected, but the service was a bit slow. Seemed we were forgotten at times. We were very pleased with the service in the store. Very nice and helpful staff.

Buffalo, Texas
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great place to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would recommend the restaurant if in town looking for somewhere to eat or just traveling through.