“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 hotels in Abilene
Midland, Texas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at the Wingate in Abilene for the first time. The lobby and staff were very impressive and made us feel we had made the right choice in hotels. We only stayed one night but it was nice. When we arrived in our suite it was extremely hot. The A/C was not on. The living room cooled nicely but the bedroom was hovering around 90degrees. We called the front desk and Zach came to our room within minutes and fixed the unit. He stayed until he was sure the room was cooling down. We were pleased with how prompt and thorough Zach was. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom spotless and the service was great. Thanks Wingate for a good night's rest. I'll recommend you to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hallsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hi we are from East Texas and every Labor Day weekend we travel to West Texas to go bird hunting as well as other times thru out the year due to family there.. in the past we have stayed at several different hotels... but for the last couple of years now we have stayed at your Wingate in Abilene Texas.. we usually get anywhere from 3-6 rooms when we come.. i would just like to let you know the staff at this hotel is one of the best we have encountered... Marty the manager always is happy to accomadate us in whatever we need..my mother requires the handicap room and she just loves it... the staff are all so nice and friendly and because of this is why we will continue to use the Wingate whenever we travel to Abilene Texas..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have to say that my family and I were very surprised to find such an nice hotel in a town the size of Abilene. We recently had not had the same luck in Waco, Tx. I guess we should look for a Wingate by Wyndham next time we stay in Waco. I was kind of shocked to see any negative comments and ratings on here. Guess you can't please everyone.
Not only was the room beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable, but the hotel itself was nice. The pool was absolutely great! We had a blast. The breakfast was hot and plentiful and was more than just cereal, bagels and pastries.
My favorite thing had to have been the staff. The gentlemen at the desk (Zack, I believe) saw that we had an infant and helped us to carry all of our things to our room. He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and made sure we were comfortable. He was very knowledgeable of surroundings and places to eat and enjoy while we were visiting.
We could not have asked for better service. I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is really nice and new. The front desk staff made my check-in super fast and easy. My room was bright, big, and and clean. I swam in the outside pool and then relaxed in their indoor hot tub. Breakfast in the morning had all the usual options, plus some. They have a waffle maker that makes Texas shaped waffles! I would recommend this hotel to anyone with business or other plans in Abilene.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We arrived around 11 pm from out of town. Front desk staff was extremely courteous and had us in our room in no time. The room was very nice and clean. The Wingate is by far one of the better hotels in Abilene. We definitely will be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2012
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary ,very friendly staff and owners.The breakfast was hot and plenty of it.The beds were very nice,lots of room.this hotel is very close to everything.The manager and his wife were very nice and did whatever they could to make our stay a very nice one.would stay here again. thanks from the Scrivener's from Ballinger Tx.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WingatebyWyndham1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Abilene, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband spent the night for our anniversary here and got into a conversation with the guy at the front desk who stated we could stay a extra night at a discounted rate... Especially since we just paid $200 for the room that night. The next morning my husband went to the front desk to get another night and was done with the paperwork when the owners wife came over and said that the manger said no and that we didn't need to bombard him because he was busy in the hott tub? It's one thing to say no but the rudeness that comes from those people are out of control. On top of all that the owners wife kept the room key from when my husband went down there and told him he needed to get his stuff out and go!! Tried to call owner who obviously didn't care either, my company and my girls softball teams will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed August 2012
WingatebyWyndham1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Abilene, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I'm very sorry that you consider your stay at our property unpleasant. I understand that you wanted to stay another night at our suite for the government rate of $77 that unfortunately only applies to regular King size rooms not suites. We offered to give you the same suite at a discounted rate that the on-line booking house paid with us for your room. I don't understand where we went wrong in trying to please you.
The General Manager and his wife have been in this business for a lot of years and are very professional when it comes to guests as you can see from our previous reviews. I'm sorry that you feel that we did not satisfy your needs at our hotel but we never treat guests in the manner that your review describes.
Once again I apologize for the misunderstanding that has caused you to view us in such way we are all human and we understand that not every guest will like our property and our staff.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Abilene? Share your experiences!