“Good experiences” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 36 hotels in Abilene
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

As a diamond and a loyal Hilton brand customer for 8 years, I have had good and bad experiences at this property. Our current company has contractual agreements with large known chains, but I always choose any Hilton property when I can. I have been staying at this HGI for 3 occasions during my current work assignments. The counter staff has been kind and helpful. Jessica the morning server during breakfast is absolutely the greatest from all their staff. She knows customer service and it shows. Gilbert the night manager is very helpful. I will continue to sponsor the Hilton brand and stay at this property in Abilene.

I suggest to the management staff to NOT forget to acknowledge us loyal customers. Last week, I reported an issue to the counter staff for a minor repair in my room that was never completed. Another stay, my room was never cleaned on 2 occasions. Exiting the parking lot unto Ridgemont Drive can be tricky so be aware. Perhaps trimming the bushes may help other drivers and avoid a collision. See ya'll soon!

Room Tip: Top floor and away from the elevator!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experienced during your stay at our hotel . Your feedback is essential to our future success! While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet all your expectations. We will be looking into your comments and hopefully you will always have a good stay here with us.

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We use Hilton Hotels frequently and this property is not up to the quality level of Hilton Garden Inns. We discovered that the vent grill was rusty, but more importantly there was a large spot of what appeared to be black mold on the ceiling adjacent to the grill.

Also, there were dried blood spots on the bottom sheet, the bed skirt was dirty as well as the du et was also dirty.

We did complain to the assistant manager who did have something put on the mold, also the sheets were changed and we were given a discount. Nevertheless, we would not recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered a problem with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Easy access to major highways and to the downtown area for business. Breakfast is good with fresh omelets and it has small quite courtyard for evening glass of wine. The rooms are very quite and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. Thank you for such a nice review. Please return often!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Would stay here again staff is wonderful very clean location is good pool area clean parking lot well lite mall is just blocks away if ever in Abilene Texas you must stay here the price is great rooms are roomy and clean you get plenty of towels and other toiletries

• Stayed August 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It is nice to read you have a great opinion of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene and will be staying with us again when you are in the area. Thank you for your business and such a nice review.
Hawley, tx., United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Room was clean, staff was great, & gym was excellent! Only drawback was a cold pool, & hot tub (this was late in the evening, & it was very hot during the day, so the pool area may have been warmer then).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We are very glad to read you had a pleasant stay at our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. . Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is pretty nice over all but we have stayed at nicer places for cheaper. The food was good. Size of rooms was nice. But the select comfort bed didn't work and we called down to request a crib, which the book in the room said the had them available upon request, they didn't call back after the first call to ask for one and after we called the second time they told us they don't have any. Then when we were leaving I called down and asked for a luggage dolly and the front desk clerk acted like they couldn't bring me one and I said we'll I can come get it I guess and she said that would be best since they don't really have anyone that does that and everyone was busy. Well I was wrangling a 3 yr old and 10 month old and trying to pack us up but went and got it myself. Again the hotel was nice as far as the decor and rooms go, and the customer service at we received with room service and breakfast was wonderful, but the front desk staff was not helpful at all.

• Stayed August 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Colleyville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am always pleased with the hotel and staff. It is nice to have the food services to be as resonable as they are because I am usually to tried to go out at the end of a long day of work. The manager took the time to visit with me before I left for the day and sent a personal note with a few snacks to my room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We are always pleased to hear from our return guests here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene and it is very nice to read you are always pleased with the hotel and staff on your visits. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Abilene? Share your experiences!