“Perfume on a Pig.” 3 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
“Perfume on a Pig.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The facility common areas were nice and tasteful. Exercise room adequate. Computers in the business office center slow. I was never able to log into my work e mail site. The guest room-over all appeared tasteful furnished. The bed comfortable. That is , until I pulled back to sheets to adjust the bed firmness. On the mattress appeared the dried remnants of some sort of bodily fluid. The bathroom had mold and mildew build up on the corners of the shower. The floor dirty and a live black bug crawling around. The bathroom door was filfty. I brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk. I shared the pictures with her. She said the manager would talk with me. I have not heard a word from the manager.

Food - the dinner meal - the waiter had nothing but rude attitude. I placed my order to go. He rolled his eyes and acted as if it was a big issue to place my order. He never spoke one word to me. Not thank you. Yes. No. No words. The breakfast. Buffet. Eggs and bacon cold. Service was shotty at best. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Jania,
Thank you for your response in Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel. I was not aware that you wished to speak to me until now. Please contact me at the hotel, so we can discuss this matter and that I may accommodate you for all the trouble that you experienced with the cleanliness of your room, and the disconcerning attitude of the staff.
The comments that you have shared are lower than my expectations for this hotel. I have addressed your notes from the comments with my staff, and we will work diligently to ensure they do not occur again. We have taken care of the issues that you have mentioned and I thank you for bringing them to my attention.
Were there any issues during your stay other than the ones already reported? If there were any issues you did not mention, I would like to know about them, as it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also, if any of my staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.

Again, thank you for your response. If I can be of service to you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lynne Haven
325-690-6432

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2/8. This is a nice hotel. The rate was reasonable. It was nice to have a small restaurant and bar on site. There was an indoor pool that was nice. There was flavored water in the lobby and cookies in the afternoon. The breakfast was not complimentary. It was 7.95 but good with eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit etc. the beds were not the most comfortable. They are suppose to be sleep number but we couldn't find where you dialed the number so they could have possibly been more comfortable. We were on 2nd floor and could hear everything above us. It was midnight before it stopped sounding like elephants were above us. Good service everywhere. The bartender was really nice. Good location. Close to mall and restaurants. . I would stay here again but request top floor.

• Stayed February 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret you had problems with the noise and the bed. We are also glad to hear you liked our on site amenities and would stay here again. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your review.
Collinsville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great Hotel in a GREAT location if you are staying over in Abilene! Hotel is located almost on the same parking lot as the mall of Abilene - so everything is within walking distance. Wonderful breakfast for a reasonable price. Hotel was clean and has a fully equiped office center should you be forced to work. Only drawback - Limited number of upgraded rooms - so be prepared for a standard room.

Room Tip: Limited options for upgrades. Most are standard fare.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The Hilton Garden Inn Abilene would like to thank you for all you kind words describing our hotel. Your complimentary review is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I was asked to initial a sheet confirming i received an information sheet talking about the services of hotel? New policy from mgt. made me laugh

Strange HGI. commented on the smell in the room and they acted like it was no big deal.
Hotel is ok but not great.

• Stayed January 2013
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff was VERY friendly & helpful. The accommodations were quite comfortable, the business center was easy to access, and the food (breakfast and a late dinner) were very good. All in all a good value (I got a corporate rate through the organization I was visiting for business.) The hotel was very conveniently located and there are plenty of other restaurants/stores around. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
The Hilton Garden Inn Abilene would like to thank you for such a nice review for all our business travelers. We hope to see you again soon.
Trafalgar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Traveling back to Indiana snow forced us to stay in Abilene. With a phone app I found the local hotels and their prices. I called the Hilton and the front desk lady quoted a lower rate, even though the hotel was in demand that night! When I offered to hold the room with my credit card the reservation lady asked if I was driving. Since I was driving she suggested she would hold the room without a credit card to ensure our safety while driving. When we arrived she was covered up with guests but promptly checked me in. She commented on my Hilton Honors status and addressed me by my name with a great smile.

The lobby, room, room service, amenities, bathrooms, etc., were beyond our expectations. While this is not a top of the line Hilton we were treated the same as we usually are whenever we stay at a high end Hilton. We did not pay more than $100.0 for the night's stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
 Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Abilene Hilton Garden in twice now for business (starting in July and just recently). I will be returning.

The hotel is located in a convenient location by the mall and other local chain restaurants.

Upon arrival, the staff has been very prompt and friendly. This is VERY important being a woman solo traveling in an unfamiliar city. They even gave me a questionnaire about my favorite foods/drinks/etc that would make me feel more at home. They had choices of two cold fruit infused water choices and warm, right out of the oven cookies.

When entering my room, I felt as everything was very clean. I'm kind of a germ-a-phobe and to feel this way is very comforting.

Breakfast wasn't free, but speedy and they made me a great egg white omelet.

Overall, I will be returning on my next quarterly business trips! It looks like previous reviews say they had a bad experiences, but the new management must have really turned things around.

Bravo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Jill M,
We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel to serve you better.
I'm glad we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay. If there were any issues you did not mention, I would like to know about them, as it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also, if any of my staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.
Best regards,
Lynne Haven, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Abilene? Share your experiences!