“Can't recommend it” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Abilene
Texas
“Can't recommend it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

Stayed here one night with two sons (7and 4) while on business.

This is the first hotel out of more than 25 I have reviewed that I recommend staying away from.

The main problem was the lack of good customer service. When I found out the pool didn't open until 11:00 am, I asked the front desk clerk why. He responded that it was probably because there wasn't a lifeguard. That made no sense at all, since there was never a lifeguard there.

There were some kind of small bugs on the window sill - I called the front desk, but she said there was nothing she could do. I asked if they had a can of bug spray, but she said it was locked up and the manager would call me later in the evening. Noone ever called me about it.

The shower/tub didn't drain while I took a shower.

There were bare wires sticking out of the wall just above the hot tub in the pool area.

The breakfast was very minimal Comfort Suites offerings.

There are plenty of other better places in Abilene at relatively similar prices.

Oh, the wireless internet did work well, though.

Stay away.

• Liked — Great wireless internet and warm pool
  • Disliked — Everything else - POOR customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
comfortsuitesabilene, Webmaster at Comfort Suites of Abilene, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites of Abilene for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the wireless internet which we provide.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Management staff was asked about the hours in which the pool is opened.

2) Maintenance staff was informed of your report of bugs and instructed to see to their elimination.

3) Breakfast staff received additional training concerning putting on a proper breakfast.

4) Maintenance staff was informed of your report of bare wires above the hot tub and instructed to look into the matter immediately.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Suites of Abilene. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sweetwater
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

The rooms were spacious. The indoor pool was almost hot and the spa was cold. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. We had a few rooms booked together...with several children included. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — pool area
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Suites (Abilene, TX). I was sorry to hear this hotel received some negative ratings on "Trip-advisor". On "Yahoo-travel" it received some positive ratings. On the plus side I enjoyed the service, location, value, complimentary high speed Internet, breakfast, and decoration. Complimentary travel items were available if needed. I thought the small "green" room maintenance cards (if needed) were a great idea and one every good hotel should have. On the down side room and hotel could have been cleaner, sound proofing was not very good. Overall, above average rating!

• Liked — Complimentary High Speed Internet
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

Out dated (70s) decor, unimpressive breakfast. The hotel does have an indoor pool and the rooms come with refrigerator and microwave---and I needed these for my stay with the kids. But definitely not worth the price.

• Liked — [ndoor pool
  • Disliked — decor
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites of Abilene for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the indoor pool.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following step was taken:

• The breakfast staff received additional training concerning putting on a proper breakfast.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

We were going to stay but after going to the room and pulling back the covers we got a refund. There was a yellow stain in the middle of the sheets and makeup all over the pillowcases. Looked like the foor was'nt cleaned. When you are expected to pay over $100.00 a night you expect at the very least clean linens. Never try staying here.

• Stayed April 2006
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2005

I just have to say that this hotel was the absolute worst hotel I have ever been to. We live in the Houston area at it was the time that Hurricane Rita was coming straight for us. We had to leave right away and a close frined told us that we could stay with them in Abilene because they booked 3 rooms. So we left Wednesday afternoon and drove for 32 hours to get there (it usually takes 6 hours) because the traffic was so bad. We had someone that lived in Abilene to keep in touch with the hotel. They talked to them 8 times making sure that we still had 3 rooms available. They assured her that they would be held for us. We didn't get there the night we were suppose to get there because the traffic, so they charged the credit card the night we weren't able to get there on time (we didn't have a problem with that at all). So we finally got there at midnoght on Thursday and we were checked in. The very next day, we woke up to the manager telling us that we had to leave because they gave our rooms away. Keep in mind, we had 12 people and they actually only gave us 2 rooms (which was not a big deal), we had 2 toddlers and one infant with us and they told us that we had an hour to leave. We tried everything to be able to stay because there wasn't a hotel room available for 100 miles. We talked to people for hours trying to work things out and they did not care about our situation at all. They showed NO sympathy at all for us. They do not care about their customers at all. Finally, after the mother finally said that she was going to go down to the office and "get a piece of him", he decided that he didn't want to get beat up, so right then, he said, "Ok you guys can stay as long as you want." We went through so much stress because of these people. We would have left that day if there were another hotel room available close by. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back to that hotel EVER again. People that are looking for a hotel room in Abilene, BEWARE OF COMFORT SUITES! They are individually owned so don't ever go to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2005
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites of Abilene for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that it happened to be during the time of Hurricane Rita, that must have been so frightening, especially with small children.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Management staff was approached concerning your stay there.

2) Staff members received additional training concerning the courteous, helpful, respectful way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2003

I stayed at the Comfort Suites, seemed to be a fairly new property. Walked in and was nice, went on to the Front Desk and the person behind the desk was continuing to talk to their friend or family, really not paying any attention to the fact that I was standing there. When they finally got off the phone, I was asked "need a room". No manners whatsoever, no greeting, no Thank You's. I just can't believe the way these Hotel employees are trained these days, I really don't think they do any training anymore. The rest of my stay was a diaster, between the noise and the stale breakfast and the continued Rudeness from the Front Desk staff, I will not stop here again. Enough is enough, but it is sad that a nice property like this can not be managed more professionally.

Dear Guest,

1) Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

2) The front desk staff received additional instruction in the courteous, respectful, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Suites of Abilene. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Been to Comfort Suites of Abilene? Share your experiences!