“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Columbia, South Carolina
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just beautiful, clean, quite, very friendly staff. Very good breakfast selections. Great location right off 75, and was very very close to my family whom I was there visiting. NO COMPLAINTS. Pool, hot tuba sauna was awesome!!!!!!! and indoor, open late.

Room Tip: Just Wonderful!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The service at the Athens, TN location was wonderful. Megan who worked on the day shift was friendly, courteous and willing to ensure our visit was a comfortable stay. We stayed four nights and not once did we receive poor service. The breakfast was fresh, hot and tasty. The rooms were immaculate and the beds were comfortable. Paul, from the second shift was helpful, courteous and willing to answer any questions we asked. I would stay at this location with out a qualm. ... Unlike the Comfort Inn and Suites in Covington, LA.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet on any side that you choose to stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Beds were comfy, room was very clean, A/C quiet and efficient. The lobby and breakfast room are really clean and attractive. Staff was efficient and very friendly. I see the other review here and wonder if they really stayed at the same hotel! I am diabetic, but I do not expect a hotel to cater to my every little food need..that is a totally unreasonable expectation!...I know what I need to eat and make sure I provide for myself, if needed... good grief people!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel staff that we dealt with were very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast consisted of hot food as well as cold items and everything was delicious. If we have to travel that way again, I will definitely plan ahead and make a reservation at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel was nice. The staff was not friendly at all! My kids were so excited to go on the swirly slide, but there were kids there from a little league and they broke it. Those kids were so rowdy and loud we had to leave the pool early because it was echoing in the room and giving me a headache. I think our stay would have been better without the little league there. The breakfast is ok, although they had a good variety I have Celiac Disease and have to eat gluten free, there wasn't very much for me to eat. Our room was on the floor of the lobby and it was very loud... you can hear everything. I might stay again, but I doubt it.

Room Tip: Not the first floor!!!!
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

It was the worst 45 min. stay ever. Justin at the front desk was incompetent, rude, and sarcastic. The pool was not in working order thanks to the baseball tournament team that was staying there. They broke the slide, were drinking alcohol, and being completely inconsiderate of other guests. When we brought it to the attention of Justin at the front desk, he brushed it off and said we have a complaint to call the police. When we asked for a refund, he refused because my 3 year old daughter had used the bathroom! Who has ever heard of such!?! Needless to say, we left anyways and found a beautiful room a little ways down the road at a much nicer Holiday Inn with a working indoor pool and nice staff. Will never stay at another Comfort Inn! Save yourself the headache and skip over exit 49!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Comfort Inn I've stayed at. The hotel is beautifully decorated throughout. The wall controlled AC/heating unit maintained a steady temperature with little noise. Everything was clean and very well maintained. The staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfast room had a wide selection of offerings. I was particularly pleased to get biscuits and sausage gravy along with bacon. There is a delightfully high end indoor swimming pool with a water fall and a spiral children's water slide. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed. This hotel is an exceptional value for the prices they charge. The only fault I noted were those unpleasant and lumpy square pillows.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!