You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South to your Saves list
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Antioch
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. In an odd location. Almost seemed isolated amongst numerous closed businesses. Halls had a strong smoke odor, but room was mostly odor -free. Staff recommended local pizza place that was very good. Direct TV was nice addition. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Kshelton64,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback and concerns. We are sorry that you felt the hallway had a strong odor. We are sorry for this inconvenience. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Nashville South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel staff were excellent. The indoor heated pool was awesome , the jacuzzi in the room was fabulous ,breakfast was filling . Would definitely stay and recommend this hotel .They gave us the room on time .

Room Tip: Choose the one with jacuzzi
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear vaidya n,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We are so glad that you enjoyed your suite. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked the hotel mainly because it was on our route back home (looked like an easy off, easy back on the interstate location). The entrance is a bit tricky to navigate, and the surroundings were trashy. The elevator in the hotel made an extremely loud noise and appeared to break down / stop, but did finally open at our floor. The room was OK, and seemed clean. Breakfast in the morning was nice, and the area was clean. Just seems like it was built and not much maintenance or improvements have been done. It worked in a pinch, but I probably won't ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear DSP_MPS_Gmail,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the hotel. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

mora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We booked this place as our half way mark to Orlando from Minnesota. We arrived later in the evening, and found the hotel very easy thanks to our GPS. When we arrived, we found a very pleasant, helpful front desk staff member. We were given a room on the 1st floor which we were very happy about. Our room was very clean, and cozy. We woke early, and enjoyed their very good continental breakfast before we headed back out on the road. Over all experience was a positive one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Jackiechard,

Thank you so much about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We hope you all enjoyed your time in Nashville. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is older and it is in a "rougher" part of town but it is clean, convenient to Nashville and you cannot beat the quality of service we received as a family. Exceptional service by Candi, Quinton and Yeliann made us wish could have stayed longer. The pool area was closed for the majority of our stay because the repair crew showed up a week early...annoying but not the fault of the site manager. In fact, Candi did everything in her power (and then some) to ensure our 7 year old was able to use the pool prior to our leaving. Quinton was a joy to see every night of our stay... open and friendly every time you walked past him at the desk. My wife got to know Yeliann better than me, but had nothing but good things to say about the young lady. All in all I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The front side is literally against a major highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We are sorry for the pool being down during most of your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback. Guest feedback is very important to us. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 night from 02/20/ to 02/23/13. The room seemed clean (so I thought) and the desk staff was helpful at times. I left at 3:30 AM for a flight back home. When I got into Orlando and went home I took off my shirt and was amazed at the dozens of small bed bug bites on my stomach and back. They were everywhere and some places that you dont want to know about. If yoiu ask why I didnt say anything that morning is because of the early hour I got up and mostly got dressed in the dark and ran off to the airport. I did itch somewhat on the plane, however the dry air will do that to your skin.

This place needs to go thru and completely take care of this problem. Visitors should not have to put up with this. HEY CLARION! Lets see if anyone if going to do something about this or maybe contact me to ease the situation. Didn't think Clarion was like this however I was proven wrong. Are they going to step up to the plate or just post a canned response thanking me for the review.

Room Tip: Sleep elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CMiskell, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Nashville South. Since all our guests are valued, we want you to know your concerns have been heard and acted upon.

We take claims very seriously and have a bed bug action plan in place to help prevent infestations. All our housekeeping staff is trained to inspect for signs of bed bugs during their daily room cleanings. If staff or one of our guests suspect activity, we immediately put the room and adjoining rooms off market and do a thorough inspection with management and a professional pest control company.

We understand how frustrating this is to you. Please know that it is just as frustrating to us, as we all know that bed bugs can be transferred to the hotel from other travelers. Upon inspection of the room management found no evidence of any bed bug activity. Inspection included the headboard, mattresses (both top and bottom) carpet, curtains, linens, chairs, electrical outlets and all furniture in the room. We are dedicated to the comfort of all our guests and again, take this issue very seriously.

I would love to speak to you further about your experience, and as such would welcome a call from you.
Florence, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I went to Nashville for a valentines getaway. This is my first stay I can remember at a Country Inn & Suites. I earned my status and free nights with Club Carlson in Canada last year at a Radisson. I stay at hotels between 3 to 6 months a year. This property is older but above average for its age as a result of the upkeep. It is evident it is aging but is well kept. I was recognized for my status in Club Carlson, which is always a plus. The room was clean and somewhat presentable. The train at night seems to blow its horn just as it passes the hotel. I overlooked anything that could be but the next just couldn't be overlooked. The management of the hotel seems to be lacking in the "customer is always right" mantra. I asked for a tray at breakfast to take my wife some food so she could eat while she was getting ready. The manager stated "our breakfast is not designed to be eaten in the rooms". I told her that "I hope it doesn't give my wife a heart attack or anything since she will eat it in a place where it was not designed to be eaten". When I made my concern known via email... I then received an email response that was quite insulting... However, TripAdvisor informed me I was not allowed to post that email in this post. Hopefully, this hotel's management will realized their manager's insulting guests who have very legitimate comments is not a very good idea.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville-South? Share your experiences!