“Older property but overall Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Music City Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13010 Old Hickory Blvd., Antioch, TN 37013   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Antioch
new jersey
“Older property but overall Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night over the weekend as a stop over for an early morning flight. The hotel is situated right off the interstate which presented a small challenge getting a quiet nights sleep. Check in was very quick and easy. My reservation was for a room with a queen sized bed but we received 2 double beds. Because we were only staying for 1 night, I didn't press the issue. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The black out drapes didn't extend all of the way to the edge of the window so there was light coming out through the sides. The room came with a microwave and a refrigerator which was useful. The room did not have a safe but there is a safety box at the front desk. Because we had an early flight, we didn't have time to have the free breakfast. The self service laundry facility was also very helpful. For the price the room was good but if you are a light sleeper then look elsewhere as the road noise may be a bit too much for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MusicCityInn, General Manager at Music City Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
jerseytraveller_8, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is greatly appreciated. Please know that we will take all of your comments into consideration to help improve our hotel. We hope to see you again next time you are through the Nashville area. Again, thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Westminster, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We took a road trip through Texas and Tennessee this summer and stayed in several Best Western hotels along the way, because they were pet friendly.
When we arrived at this hotel 30 minutes after their designated check-in time, the employee at the front desk checked us in and gave us our room keys. We had 2 rooms right next to each other. We got to the rooms to find that they were not ready. The beds had been stripped and had no sheets on them, and there was trash in both of the rooms.
When we returned to the front desk, he acted like it was no big deal. He called housekeeping and told them they needed to get to our rooms right away and told me to wait about 25 minutes. I expressed that we had plans to go out and needed to get the dogs in the room, that waiting in the car with the dogs was not desirable. I asked to be given rooms that were ready. He said that they were the only "pet friendly" rooms available, and we would have to wait. We waited in the car (with the car running for the air conditioning since it was over 90 out) for over 45 minutes while we waited to housekeeping to arrive and then to complete the preparation of the rooms.
We were very frustrated, and I felt that they should have offered us another room, despite their "pet friendly" status, or offered us a discount. In our four nights at hotels during our trip, this hotel was the most disappointing experience we had.
Also, the pet friendly rooms are all the way at the end of the building, right next to the highway. The highway noise was extremely loud. We kept the air conditioner running all night just to drown out the noise from the road.
The room was clean once we got in, and was a little bigger than our room the night before at another Best Western.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MusicCityInn, Guest Relations Manager at Music City Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Karen, first, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for your stay. Each comment made by our guest is important to us and we use them to make improvements to our hotel.
We are very sorry for the wait you experienced upon arrival. Our projected time for rooms to be available at our hotel is 3 PM, however, that time is not a guarantee. The weekend of your stay, our hotel sold out each night, meaning our housekeepers had each room of the hotel to clean the next day. Although they had not reached the end of the hotel where your room was when you arrived, we requested that as soon as they finished the room they were currently in, to please go to your rooms and prepare them. Typically, it takes 15-20 minutes for them to clean a room. However, because your rooms were pet-friendly rooms, our housekeepers go through a more rigorous check-list to ensure that the room is efficiently sanitized for both you and your pet. They guarantee that the prior pets did not damage any items or leave behind any pests that could cause your pet to get sick.
Although with other rooms types, if a room is not ready, we're able to make room-assignment adjustments to get them into a ready room earlier, this is not possible with our pet-friendly rooms. We have a limited number of pet-friendly rooms at our hotel. These rooms are all located on the first floor with updates that guarantee a more sanitary environment for your pet, such as tiled flooring instead of carpet. You mentioned that the rooms were at the end of the hotel. The reason they are located in this area is so that our guests have more convenient access to the only grass, walking area on the property. We apologize that the interstate noise was a problem during your stay.
Again, we are sorry for all of the inconveniences you experienced, but want to assure you that we did all we could to prepare your room in a timely manner while maintaining the level of cleanliness our guests expect. Should you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call directly.
Columbia, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We got in around midnight, but our room did not have the a/c on so room was very stuffy. It cooled down decent but was still pretty sticky throughout the night. Toilet was kind of dirty. Otherwise, beds were comfortable and rooms were spacious. Continental breakfast was good. Staff was nice.

• Stayed July 2012
MusicCityInn, Manager at Music City Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Jessie,

I am extremely regretful that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. We try to be as eco-friendly as possible by keeping the air conditioners off when rooms are vacant. We have let maintenance know about this issue and they will fix the air conditioner so that it should work properly. As for cleanliness, we ask all our guests to please report immediately to the front desk should they have any issues. We would have been more than happy to either 1) send housekeeping to your room, or 2) move you to a different room. We wish we could have had this opportunity to rectify the situation which would have hopefully led to your 100% satisfaction. We are glad, however, you found other aspects of your stay enjoyable, and we hope you please visit us again so that we can better serve you in the future. Thank you for your review. It helps us improve.
Milledgeville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed in this BW with my mother-in-law and son. We were driving back home and only stayed here for the night. In the morning my mother-in-law and I both noticed small bites but thought they were from mosquitoes. After returning home the bites continued. My husband returned from a trip a few days later and began being bitten as well. We had the exterminators out and found that we do have bedbugs. We are pretty sure they are from this BW since the biting began at the time of our stay. Prior to the stay we were with family who have had no problems with bedbugs.

We contacted the BW and they assured us that it is just impossible for the bedbugs to have come from their hotel. Beware of this BW. It may be okay, but after staying there for one night, we have bedbugs in our house.

Except for the bedbugs the hotel was otherwise clean and the staff friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MusicCityInn, Manager at Music City Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Ryan, first we want to thank you for contacting the hotel immediately when you thought there may have been a problem with your stay. We take all reports of bedbugs extremely seriously, and though our hotel is inspected regularly by a licensed professional, and we have never been shown to have bedbugs, we still take every precaution necessary and close the room that the guest claims the bedbugs may have been in. This circumstance was no different. As soon as you contacted the hotel, our staff closed the room you stayed in and had the room thoroughly inspected by a professional. Each of our beds has on it a certified cover that keeps out all insects. This cover was removed and every inch of the mattress was inspected. When there are traces of bedbugs that have bitten a guest, there would be spots of blood left from the bite and from crushed bedbugs on the sheets or bed. There were no blood spots found. The professional also noted that in cases of bedbugs, there would be tiny dark spots on the sheets, mattress or box spring which are their fecal droppings or dried remains of shed bedbug skins. He confirmed there were no traces of any bedbugs remains. He said to be aware that other insects, such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitos, can leave bites that look like bed bug bites.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced, but again want to confirm that a licensed professional denied the presence of bedbugs. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We'd be more than happy to assist in any way we can.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We live in the area and were forced to go to a motel when a motorist hit an electrical transformer that knocked out our electricity. It was 100 degrees and the electric company didn’t know how long the repair would take. So I took my cat and my 81 year-old partially disabled mother to this Best Western. First let me say that when the power went out so did my phone, and I didn’t have a full charge on my cell. So I had a friend looking for pet friendly motels while I drove around checking some nearby properties. Chris was working the front desk when I went in. They had 1 pet room left. At this point I hadn’t spoken with the electric company and was unsure I’d need it. I asked if he’d hold it for half and hour until I found out and he cheerfully did so. When I got home and discovered that we did need to leave I called Chris to let him know. I offered to give him credit card info to hold the room until we could get there, but he said he’d hold it without going through all that (he realized, I’m sure, just how stressed I was). We finally made it out there and, again, Chris could not have been more sympathetic, understanding or helpful. He even gave me toys for the cat! My mom needs a walker and is very unsteady on her feet as she has severe rheumatoid arthritis, and the cat hates to travel. To say this was an incredible ordeal for us is putting it mildly. But Chris was a real pleasure to deal with and I can’t say enough good things about him.

The room was nicely decorated and very clean. Had a nice-sized fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Free breakfast served at the Mexican restaurant next door was fine – eggs, hash browns, bacon, waffles, plus the usual assortment of cereal, breads, muffins. The pool area was very nice but I didn’t get a chance to use it.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Music City Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Koda, first we'd like to express our sympathies for the extreme inconvenience you were put through because of the electricity. We're so pleased that we were able to accommodate you and alleviate some of your stress. We pride ourselves on having some of the friendliest front desk agents around and we are not surprised Chris went above and beyond to assist you and your family. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Should you ever need our assistance again, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Clarksville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This area of Nashville is kind of pricey, but this is a perfectly good hotel with great staff at the most reasonable price. The rooms are clean and have everything you need (e.g. fridge, micro) and there's a very good Mexican restaurant next door as well as a gas station. The employees are very accommodating. I stay here when on business and I've gotten to where I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Doulos214, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're very pleased that you've enjoyed your stays and look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the Nashville area.
Claxton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We just returned from a weekend trip to Nashville and stayed at the Best Western Music City Inn in Antioch, TN. Very friendly staff, very clean, very accommodating. Complimentary breakfast was served in a restauarant across the parking lot from the hotel. It too was very clean. Not sure how late the pool stayed open but we were in it until 9:00 p.m. or a little after Also - salt-water pool - so no chlorine smell and stickiness afterwards. Close to I-24, but could not hear any traffic; nor any noise from other visitors. Would definately stay here again.

I rate "Average" only because I do not want anyone to think this is a 5 star hotel. It's only a Best Western, but we had a really good experience.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the top floor - facing the pool and DID NOT have any problems with noise from othe...