“Really disappointed, customer service ruined it above all.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Bell Road, Antioch, TN 37013 (Formerly The Quarters Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Antioch
Nashville, Tennessee
“Really disappointed, customer service ruined it above all.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our room looked more like the professional photos than the reviewers photos. Perhaps they remodeled? Anyway, at first glance it was nice, but there were issues (mainly cleanliness). I won't go into that because I felt it was a minor concern & numerous people have already discussed the cleanliness problem.

When we presented the problem to the man at the office he practically started shouting at us. It felt as though he saw us as "women should only speak if spoken to" & would constantly interrupt us. Anything we said he treated as invalid. I tend to be incredibly polite but when I tried to explain our concerns to him he nearly told me to shut up.This was so different than the way the girls who rented us the room acted. He would feign professionalism while stating we could leave if we want, (& with a smirk would say we would be charged for the room anyway (including the night we had not stayed yet).

Now like I said, I tend to be very polite & easy going & may not have said a word about this ... until I saw their replies to customer concerns here. DON'T think that is how they treat you in the office if you have a concern! Perhaps the girls would, but the man who runs the place is very abrupt & (I felt) rather insulting. It was as if we were being attacked (verbally) for mentioning the room was dirty. My best advice is ladies ... I wouldn't stay here alone. Have your husband go to the office when you have a problem because they wont tolerate hearing it from you!

Last thing. I see in their replies how the state they "satisfy hundreds of guests each week" ... as if to say our concerns are somehow less valid? However from what I see in reviews they seem to disappoint customers more than satisfy. Had they been professional & treated us as if our concerns were valid this could have been a whole different review. When you work in the hospitality industry customer service counts!

I would give the room 3 stars (could have been 4 if it were clean), but customer service was about 1 star at best for the way we were treated. So to be fair I gave it 2 stars over all. So had they cleaned the room & treated us professionally you can see they COULD have had a much better rating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do indeed satisfy hundreds of customers each month and are sorry that we could not please you in this case. You don’t stay many specific concerns in your comments except the customer service issue you perceived. We take pride in our staff and sincerely apologize if you didn’t find the level of service you expected. We sincerely hope you find a more pleasant experience when you visit us again. Our goal is always 100 percent satisfaction.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
AMI, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Thought it was a bit pricey, especially since the didn't have a pool. Free wifi (took a while to get on) & HBO. Good for a late arrival & over night stay. Several decent restaurants & fast food places close by & only 10 miles from Nashville.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I recently stayed at Antioch Quarters Inn over the Memorial Day weekend and let me say it will be the only time I would stay there!!! When checking in with intentions of staying for a week, I was told that weekly guests are not allowed to partake of the continental breakfast! Really, a bowl of cereal or a bagel is going to break you??? Granted, I got a budget rate of $350 for the week, but still. I was also told there was a mandatory cleaning of the room twice during the week I'd be there.

When I entered the room it smelled really musty, but I hoped the air conditioning would help if I turned it on. The room looked fairly nice, the furniture looked newer & the bathroom had been recently renovated. My problem was discovered upon turning down my quilt & blanket. There was blood splatter on my sheets, I don't mean stains that were remaining after laundering, there was chunks of blood!! What about that mandatory cleaning? How about clean the room before a new guest arrives?! I called the front desk & demanded new sheets right away (I'd been traveling all day & was dead tired & wanted to go to bed, so I really was pretty short with the man that answered). He asked what I meant by right away & I told him now, tonight, I will not wait until morning!! He said there were several people waiting & he'd get there as soon as he could. Once he brought me a new flat sheet & I took the quilt off only then did I see the other side of the bed was all rumpled up as if someone had been sleeping there!! I seriously doubt this room was touched between the last guest & myself. I turned my flat sheet into a cocoon & pulled the blanket over top that, but the quilt certainly wasn't being pulled up.

The next day when my daughter brought me back to the hotel, she wanted to stop at the desk & see about getting clean sheets. The man/owner at the desk was very nasty & jumped down our throats & even told me that I'd pissed him off last night when I called down for sheets "now". There had been a misunderstanding, because apparently the room had been cleaned while I was away & we hadn't gone to the room when we returned but rather right to the office. So he thought we were complaining again that the room wasn't clean still. They had come in & cleaned everything during the day so I did go back & thank him.

This hotel is right at the freeway, convenient but it is incredibly noisy there. Many sirens every night & loud neighbors; Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this troubling feedback. We have many guests who stay with us for a single night and many who stay for longer terms. We satisfy hundreds of guests each week, and are truly shocked that you were so displeased. We don’t completely understand the source of your bad feelings about our property, but we sincerely apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

Hotel Manager
GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here for a one night. Price was $70 with tax. Right off the interstate, so it was convenient. Be prepared for highway noise. It was certainly nothing fancy, but it was clean and had a decent bathroom. The bed was very old. There was a small coffee maker for one cup, but it was absolutely horrible tasting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, both positive and negative, and for recognizing the convenience and value of our property. I appreciate you pointing out how clean the property is too. That’s very important to us. I’m sorry to hear that you experienced highway noise during your stay and that the bedding wasn’t to your liking. I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of your complete satisfaction.

Loxahatchee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Checked a few other places before we just decided to call it quits because it was late and we were tired. The rooms were very clean and you can see it was recently renovated. Very nice tile work in the bathroom and though the TV was not a flat panel, it was a 32" tube. Beds were comfortable and the room has a good size. Breakfast was the typical high carb muffins, bagels, cereal and pastries you find in your lower price hotels. There were Days Inn/Super 8's and similar hotels going for $10 less a night at the time we stayed but I can assure you that the likelihood of the room being as nice as the ones on this property were very unlikely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Filthy, holes in the walls, electrical outlets hanging out of the walls,baseboards pulled away from the walls, hairs on the bedding, the bases of the two beds were unfinished boards that had been bolted together. Ants crawling all over the sink and counter in the morning. Sadly that was the only place we had chosen to set our things because the room was sooo gross!! We would not have stayed except that we were returning from spring break and had been driving for 16 hours and everything else was booked up.

No one would shower. We just wanted to get out without touching anything. My 11 and 15 year old daughters slept in jeans and hoodies, tucking their hair in their hoods, trying not to touch the bedding. My 15 year old said that it seemed like the kind of hotel someone might get murdered in.

I had booked the hotel months in advance thru booking.com and received confirmation. When we arrived they had not held our reservation (a non-smoking room). They said that my Discover Card had not gone thru when I booked the room months ago. I stated that I had never ever had a credit card issue and that I had been using the card daily. I also stated the the other hotel that I had also booked thru booking.com had had no issues. They could not explain why they had not contacted me or tried again. By the way, they charged that same credit card that night for the room with no problems. They only had one room available, it REAKED of cigarette smoke, and was awful. They also upcharged me for one of my daughters, even though kids under 15 supposedly stay free in available beds. I had booked a room with 2 beds for myself and 2 children, one 11 and one 15. The staff were very rude!!!! The outside noise level was so loud that my daughter said it sounded like the door was open all night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Antioch Inn during your recent weekend visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We have taken steps to check and ensure that our guests does not experience any sort of nuisances and to have a fully safe stay.

We have investigated the credit card charge issue and the same will not happen again.

Hotel staff has also been instructed to ensure that the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staff has been given the required training.

We take our guest reviews seriously and would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a new experience.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First they gave me a rate of $59, and it went up to $67, which I happily signed off.

Then a week later, I noticed they charged my card for $75.

I tried to discuss this amicably with the manager "Sarah"
Obviously she does not understand what the "hospitality" industry is all about
she actually even raised her voice at a customer
Wow...
I just took care of it through my credit card company

It is not legal to charge someone's credit card with proper authorization
kind of like what our mothers used to tell us...
"you can't just take someone's candy without permission"
common sense missing
criminal behaviors happening

Not to mention that inside of the hotel was absolutely filthy
I drove 18 hours straight before getting there
so luckily I was just there to sleep
but I made sure to pretty much wrap up the bed with "clean" ish towels

AVOID this place by all means

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Antioch Inn.

We noted your review and apologize for the inconvenience caused howsoever.

We have investigated the issue and we have never come across such a complaint earlier, but your review is serious to us.

We have ensured that such a report never comes again from any guest and the hotel staff behaves in the most guest friendly manner.

You can have a comfortable and secure stay next time. Trust us and visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!