“The Cracker Barrel is the Cracker Barrel” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Alcoa
Cuisines: American
Palm Coast FL
“The Cracker Barrel is the Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Heavy food and a lot of it, service that seems rushed but adequate, and asking for things that have been forgotten or not served when ordered. That about sums up our experience at the Cracker Barrel. Bustling atmosphere no matter the degree of "fullness" of the place makes for a less than relaxed experience. A favorite for breakfast with an older family member, so we go here often, and the result is the same. They have added what they call "Wholesome Fixins" as an attempt to serve more healthy orders, but they are still pretty large portions, and it definitely is not a diet place. It will continue to be the Cracker Barrel, and continue to be busy, and continue to be just average.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Maryville, Tennessee
“terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

not sure why, but they seem to have a real hard time getting food out to both people at a 2 persona table at the same time. Every time I have been to this restaurant, I have complained about this, and nothing seems to be done about it. I have been finished with my meal by the time my mother gets her food before. That is unacceptable! I will not return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
McMinnville, Tennessee
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went into this location and were immediately seated, the server was most helpful to us and never allowed us to run out of drinks. We had conversation that we needed to do after our meal, she had already dropped off our ticket but kept right on serving us drinks, this is unusual at Cracker Barrel they usually serve you, leave the ticket and you never see them again, I was impressed.

Visited July 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“What has happened with this place?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm not sure what's going on with this place. The past few times my family and I have eaten here, it's been very disappointing. My husband and I went one time and they were out of chicken and dumplings. Seriously?! That was the main reason we went there. Okay, so we tried again another time. My husband ordered the dumplings again, and wouldn't you know, they were out! I ordered a grilled chicken salad, but I didn't get it until my husband was totally done with whatever he ended up having to order. On a third visit with just me and my two kids, things weren't much better. I ordered the pot roast with two veggies. I thought it was a joke when the waiter brought it to the table. It looked like a kid's meal portion. My son ordered eggs and sausage, and it seriously could have been served on a little dessert plate. I can remember going there years ago and the food would be practically falling off the plate because there was so much on it. At $35-40 I expect lots of food. I can take my family to the local steak house and get more food and spend the same amount of money. The service is fine. I don't have a problem with that, but something has changed over the past year or so. We no longer eat here. It's not worth the price and aggravation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vonore, Tennessee
“Always good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have been to this Cracker Barrel twice and the food was great both times. Service is fast and efficient. The server was very attentive, checking to make sure everything was ok. We will probably go back again the next time we are in the area. It is near the airport so very convenient to stop in before a flight.

Visited April 2013