“The cajun fries are great, but I have found better burgers in the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Five Guys

208 Hamilton Crossing Dr, Alcoa, TN
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Alcoa
Cuisines: Hamburgers
“The cajun fries are great, but I have found better burgers in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I think $11 for a single burger, fries and a drink is a lot. I found that's Shilohs and TC's grill are much better on the burgers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tenn
“Fries, fries, fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The fries are fantastic. A regular order is enough for two people. The burgers are very tasty, but this time my bun got soggy before I finished eating (maybe I had too many toppings).

Visited December 2012
“Xcellent Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Was an excellent burger, Grilled right there and then as I ordered it. Came to the table Hot and juicy exactly as I had ordered it. The fries are excellent as well, fresh cut potatoes make a difference in the quality of fry you get.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
E TN, USA
“A Better Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Burgers are a serious matter, particularly when we travel.

We are inundated with "Best Burger" lists. The closest to me on one list is Lou's Cafe in Sunbright, TN, a half day's drive up the road.

What most of us seek is a good and reliable burger from a store in our town and/or one off the highway when we travel or in a destination place.

A leading road-food rater's opinion:
1. Five Guys
2. Wendy's
3. Burger King
4. In-N-Out Burger
5. Fuddruckers

I've eaten them all plus Frisch's Big Boy and believe that Five Guys is closest to the perfect burger. Cooked to order from high quality ground beef on a fresh bun. The burgers are cooked the way that Serious Eats' tests produce the juiciest burgers--squoosh them flat within the first fifteen seconds on the grill, brown, and then flip to finish. Nobody else that I know of does it this way.

Then you can add your choice of toppings. My choice is grilled mushrooms and onions.

The fries are incredible, prepared from freshly cut potatoes.

I am rating my local store but regularly enjoy burgers at the Five Guys in Turkey Creek S/C near Knoxville. Recently ate a Five Guys in Arlington VA where the chain began. Consistent quality every time.

If you should happen to be in Lima OH, eat a Kewpee (which is where Dave Thomas reportedly got the inspiration for Wendy's). If not, enjoy a Five Guys.

Note: I have no interest financial or otherwise in Five Guys, just a satisfied customer.

• Visited December 2012