“Front Desk Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Alcoa
Tennessee
“Front Desk Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were scheduled to fly out of the Knoxville airport for an extended vacation. I checked all the hotels and reviews for a Park and Fly Package. Came upon this hotel and it was perfect. The price was right, the accommodations fine, and it was even within walking distance of restaurants for dinner. However what put it over the top was Bill Bailey....I made my reservation by phone and spoke to him and then when we checked in he was working the front desk. He was very efficient and helpful.....even walked me through getting my boarding passes. When we returned he was the one to pick us up at the airport. It is refreshing to do business with an efficient and caring individual such as Mr. Bailey. If we fly out of Knoxville again we will certainly stay there and hope to be served once again by Bill.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bossier City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very convenient to the airport, but traffic can be difficult during rush hour. Small hotel with indoor pool, in room refrigerator and microwave along with coin operated laundry facilities for guests. Bathroom was small. Would request room away from reception and elevator next time. No restaurant on property, and traffic can be tedious when driving; access to highway is busy. All hotels in the area face this problem, however.

Room Tip: Request away from elevator and reception area.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Good value for the price if you use an express online booking service. This is a better than average inside entry property. It is a little older but well maintained. A comfortable room and bed in a central location. Breakfast and WiFi were decent but not great. Very nice staff. 15 minutes to Knoxville. If I had business in Knoxville or wanted to enjoy Market Square I would stay in town. However, if I needed easy access to the airport and/or had business in Maryville etc. this is a good option. There are plenty of chain dining options in the area but very few in walking distance. Overall for an online price that is similar to more moderate chains I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KNOXVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had to fly out real early in the morning and did not want to fool with parking at the airport or finding someone to drive us so we got a hotel room. The hotel is very clean. For $5 a day they will let you park your car there, take you to the airport, and pick you up from the airport. It is a great deal!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Professional, friendly and helpful staff. At check-in, I asked about local restaurants and the rep at the front desk recommended 2 local (non-chain) restaurants, menus and directions. Lobby is modern, new, comfortable and well-kept. Room was quiet, clean and had all amenities. Bed was very comfortable. Will stay again if I travel to this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pell City, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Bill,

I very much found my stay at your location unsatisfactory. I will list my issues and explain the service that we recieved.

1. Room was not as advertised.

My wife rented a suite with a King bed and a fold out couch at your other locations that was a seperate bedroom and living space. Not at this location and we were told that was the best they had and that is how you advertise it. In my mind that room was the same as the 79.99 rooms at the other chains. Being a good sport we kept the room and did not leave due to we did not want to argue and it was late.

2. Bath drain was non functional and would not hold water.

The one thing my wife wanted to do was take a long bath after riding a motorcycle for 5 hours. The next morning I went to the desk on our way out and told the youg lady the bath tub drain in 110 did not work, she wrote it down and said she would get maint on it. We said ok we would be gone and not returning until the evening. When we returned the drain had not been repaired so again no bath.

3. Toilet back up

When we returned in the evening the toilet was slow to flush and we had not been in the room all day. The next morning the toilet was stopped up. I went to the desk to get maint to find the same young lady and I asked for maint and she responded they did not have any on the weekend but she could give me a plunger. I said ok and I also asked why my tub drain was not repaired and she had no recollection of the drain and asked who I told it was broke, as I responded her. She then recalled she checked my sink drain and it was fine. I responded it was the tub my wife never bathes in the sink. I went to my room and repaired the toilet myself so my family could go to the restroom.(again just a note we were not in the room the entire day the toilet got clogged) I then asked if we could change rooms when we came in and she said yes and she would leave a note with the next clerk. We left for the day.

4. Room change

We retrurned later that evening and I ask the clerk if he had a room for us and he responded "NO" But he went and checked the "toilet and it was working just fine" (of course it was I repaired it) and due to the drain being stripped it could never be repaired. I asked what about changing rooms and he replied they are all like that and what did we want him to do check all the rooms to see if the tub works?? What he normally tells all the guest is to stick a wash cloth in the drain and pack it in until it holds water.
( I asked the gentleman to repeat that last part about the wash cloth so I could quote what he was telling me to do so my wife could take a bath.)

After having enough my wife responded nevermind we would just never stay at one of your hotels again and was not impressed with the service we were getting. After about 20 min or so the clerk called and said he went and checked a room a few doors down and the tub drain was working and we could swap. By this time it was to little to late. We checked out the next morning and I might add at no time were we offered a discount or did we recieve a discount. We reluctantly paid our full price for the room and left.

Bill, please tell me if this was you and your family and you were staying at this hotel how would you feel about your stay? Would you have demanded your money back, would you have chastised the youg lady at the desk or demoralized the Male clerk? They did not even have to unstop the toilet back up (you would have done that.)

So Bill if this is the type of service that your INNS by Carlson represent then I guarantee every customer that stays at this location will never go to another. I would like a better response explaining my issues instead of just the generic version you sent my wife. If you would like to offer a credit on behalf of Country INNs and Suite by Carlson I would accept that. I will also let you know this message and your response will be copied on all social media and reposted.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Holly Pond, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have stayed here several times and not that far to drive into the Smokys and Gatlinburg. They have clean rooms, clean hotel and very helpful and friendly staff. Bill, who has been at the front desk for years is who you want to talk with on the phone and in person---great guy!

Room Tip: Even though the Knoxville airport is across the street, we have never heard them from any room we ha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!