“Absolutely no problems!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Alcoa
Twin Lake, Michigan
“Absolutely no problems!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Last month my husband and another couple stayed at this hotel. I made the reservations for them. All four of us will be returning in May. Have to say, Jackie was VERY helpful on the phone both times I spoke with him and in getting us the best rate. Rooms were clean, breakfast was very good, pool was enjoyed by all. Husband said the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I am now looking forward to our return trip the end of the month.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting the Knoxville/Alcoa area again.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here with some friends. Everyone employee i meet was really nice and friendly. The rooms were very clean. the pool was very nice and warm. Breakfast was great. I really enjoyed the professional service i got from the employees. The price of the hotel was great. i will definitely send any of my friends to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I called from the airport and the shuttle service arrived in a short time. Staff were friendly. Rooms were quiet and clean. Breakfast included everything I needed to start the day. I'd stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Marseilles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel has spacious immaculate rooms.The breakfast was very good.Bathroom clean,but a bit worn.Nice lobby with a library.
My flight was delayed 6 hours and Ms Shields took a considerable amount of time and effort suggesting the kind of things that I might like doing during this wait.
She was clearly very committed and interested to help me find an activity that I would enjoy.
I took a ride to a local national park which was great.
Unfortunately I do not find this level of assistance very often in my travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was there on a business trip. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The wi-fi was good, bed comfortable.
The lobby was clean and the staff were very nice. I used the free shuttle service to and from airport - an added bonus. Rates were reasonable.
Would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: room 216 - king size
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting the Knoxville/Alcoa area.
Gig Harbor, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We selected this hotel (even though previous reviews were concerning) because we wanted to stay near the airport for an early am flight back home and all other properties were booked because of a UT football game. Not a good call on my part. So I am making a point of our disappointment to warn potential customers to avoid this hotel in it's current status and in hopes that hotel management will take the necessary actions to bring the property and personnel up to acceptible standards.

PROS
Location

CONS
1. Reception agent not friendly at all. Never explained Breakfast times, shuttle availability, wifi availability etc and when asked gave terse two word responses.
2. The entire hotel, especially the rooms had a very stale odor of smoke. The hotel advertises itself as non smoking but you could not get away from the stale smell and the windows do not open. We had to resort to opening up a bag of fresh coffee grounds in the room to help clear the air which never did freshen.
3. An odd and dangerous practice (in my opinion) we observed is the evening desk clerk actually closed the front desk several times (he was the only employee on site) to drive the shuttle to the airport to pick up new guests. I questioned him about it and he said that was hotel standard practice when it's "slow". The danger comes because what happens in an emergency (fire, accident etc) when there is no site representative. Very unsafe practice.
4. Minor point - Hotel brochure touts it's "environmentally friendly staff uniform policy". All 4 staff we observed during our stay wore shabby casual cloths, not uniforms.
5. One clerk carried on a personal phone conversation while guests waited at the front desk.
6. Breakfast was very poor and opened late.

Will never stay here again unless and until it is competely improved to an acceptible standard.

Room Tip: Considering the entire property reeks with stale smokey air there cannot be a good room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent visit to the Country Inns and Suites, Knoxville Airport.

I apologize for the frustrations you have experienced with our hotel. Your concerns have been heard and I'm very sorry you were disappointed with our staff and services provided. This is unacceptable to me and I will take appropriate action to make needed improvements.

I hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting the Knoxville/Alcoa area.
Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Got a great Hotwire rate. Friendly staff. Delicious and varied standard breakfast with biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffle maker, eggs, etc. Nice indoor pool. Everything was nice, clean and comfortable. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 20, 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!