“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Alcoa

You added Quality Inn Alcoa to your Saves list
Quality Inn Alcoa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   206 Corporate Place, Alcoa, TN 37701 (Formerly Jameson Inn Alcoa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Alcoa
St. Louis, MO
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Well, I usually love Jameson Inn's. But this one has a few cons to it.
As a business traveler - the internet connection is the pits in the hotel. One connection and slow slow slow. The more users the worse it gets. Gettig a Google page up is painful.
The rooms are nice - but there were some cleanliness issues (mold/hair) in my bathroom.
The rooms are incredibly small - like NYC small. The baths are even smaller. The bathroom is smaller than a closet - no lie.
The guest services were friendly, but overall - the hotel could use some TLC in some areas and a complete internet overhaul.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
JamesonInnAlcoa, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent visit. We are working diligently to address the issues with our wireless internet service and apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I apologize for the cleanliness issues that you encountered; we pride ourselves on being a very clean facility, and I am sorry that we failed to meet expectations during this stay. I have addressed theses issues with my staff and upper management so please understand that your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken into consideration. I hope that you will return to the Jameson Inn Alcoa in the future and we will meet all of your expectations.

Caitland Romer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Identical reviews for the Jamesons in Alcoa and northeast Indianapolis because the circumstances and the stay were pretty much the same in both cases - got in late, left early, just needed a place to sleep, clean up, and keep going and the Jamesons worked out fine both times.

Had never stayed in one till work booked me into Alcoa - arrived in the dark, went straight to the room (clean, quiet, comfortable, everything worked), had a quick breakfast the next morning (again clean, fresh and a good selection) and hit the road before daylight. Didn't use any of the amenities so I can't comment on those, didn't know there was a walking path out back till I saw the prior review.

A few weeks later I was in the middle of a long drive and needed a place to stop and rest awhile. Got one of those motel coupon booklets at a highway rest area, Jameson was in there and the previous experience was good so I called and got the $49.99 coupon rate, pulled in, slept, cleaned up, ate and left. Again, didn't use the exercise room, pool (not even sure they had one) or anything else. Good side of the road pit stop.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
JamesonInnAlcoa, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback during your short stay with us. We appreciate your comments, and we are glad that your stay was an enjoyable one. I hope you can visit us again the future and check out our amenities, such as the walking and biking trail located just behind our hotel. We also have free wireless internet, outdoor pool, exercise room, and free continental breakfast that includes waffles and biscuits and gravy.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This was the hotel for my friends' wedding, so we got a really nice price. The continental breakfast was just okay, nothing fabulous or special. I could've sworn I asked for a king bed, but we got two doubles instead. The rooms were pretty average, though comfortable. The best part was the access to the greenway right behind the hotel. It goes around the lake and hooks up with the rest of the greenway. Perfect if you enjoy running or walking!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback during your stay at the Jameson Inn Alcoa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the walking & biking trail. It is an amenity that we can offer that not many other area hotels have access to.

I do apologize for the room type that you received. I don't know if you addressed the issue with the front desk staff at the time of your stay, but please know that we are always willing to to do our best to correct your concerns during your stay.

I hope you will visit us again in the future, and thank you again for your review.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Let me be clear that the staff of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. But the hotel isn't perfect, IMO, for every sort of trip.

First, the room is very small. So if you are using the hotel for a place to sleep and spending the majority of the day and night out galavanting around, then it works. It's comparable to an average sized room in a Manhattan hotel.

Second, if you love firm mattresses then these beds are perfect. If you don't, then...good luck.

Third, if you plan to conduct business online during the trip, it's a crapshoot. They use the free Hotair wireless network, which does work (and again, the tech support people there are very friendly) but as the front desk here at the hotel admitted, it slows to a crawl when more people arrive. One night I was having to work on my smartphone through the 3G AT&T network. When AT&T 3G is faster than your actual network...you have a problem. My recommendation to the Jameson? Charge me for the connection if that's what it takes to let me get work done.

Fourth, check out time is a bit up in the air. The back of the door, which is where checkout time has been listed in every hotel I've ever stayed, has Noon. However, the front desk says 11am (they say this, FYI, at 10:30am on the day you're checking out) and say that the back of the door in your room is the emergency check out time for storms. Which makes no sense as it is A) different from every other hotel, B) NOT what the back of the door actually says, as it's, well, just like every other hotel's back of the door info) and C) implies that in the event of a really bad storm (one bad enough to somehow keep you from loading up your car), the Jameson is only good for an additional hour of giving you shelter from it, otherwise you're screwed and out you go. When I asked, we were given an extension to noon. But Corporate needs to either fix the back of the door...or fix the front desk.

So again, my recommendations are: if you need a place to sleep and you don't care about much else--and, importantly, aren't on a working trip where you need internet access that's worth speaking of--then the Jameson will do fine. The staff is, let me say again, very friendly and I have no qualms with any of them. They did well. (So if friendly staff is your only criterion, then it's a slam dunk for you.)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your helpful review. I am currently in the process of addressing the checkout time with each staff member, and we are changing the time on the back of the door to 11 a.m. Often times, we are happy to give a later checkout if we are are not busy, but we have to allow enough time for the housekeepers to make sure the rooms are cleaned well before the 3 p.m. check-in. I do apologize for the confusion during your stay, but it has been addressed and taken care of.

We are also working diligently to address the issues with our wireless internet service and apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

I appreciate the feedback, and we are working to our address your concerns. I am glad to hear that the staff met your expectations, and I hope you will visit us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

The hotel has a good full self-service breakfast. The room bathrooms are separated so that you that you have a small enclosed toilet and bath, with the sink and mirror being in the main room. It's cramped and awfuly close to the front door of the room.

Terry at the front desk was helpful with our extended family's stay at the Jameson.

A lot of the equipment in the small gym was out of order when we visited, but the Loop and Greenway are right out back around a lake and a new pedestrian bridge. It is an excellent place for a run or short hike, with some beautiful scenery along the way. It is definitely worth a half an hour.

I have nothing but good memories of the short time spent at this hotel.

Room Tip: The ground floor is always convenient for travellers with kids and here you're only steps from y...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JamesonInnAlcoa, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Jameson Inn Alcoa. I apologize about the gym equipment being out of order, but rest assured, we should have the stationery bike up and running soon! We are very fortunate to be located right in front of a green-way, and it's an excellent amenity available to our guests. Terry is one of our many wonderful front desk employees, and I have made sure that your comments were passed along to him. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests, and it helps ensure that we keep providing superior customer service.

Milan, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Jameson in Alcoa several times over the years, and have always found it to be friendly, clean, quiet, and very reasonably priced. When checking in, the printer failed to work. The young lady that checked us in was calm and professional, and did not let the printer failure upset her, nor did it delay us. She reverted to a manual procedure, which indicated that she was well trained. All personnel at the hotel were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Compare prices for room facing the water. Some king rooms have more amenities
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your warm review of the Jameson Inn Alcoa. We're pleased that you keep choosing to return to our hotel, and this lets us know that we are doing a good job to meet your needs. Jameson Inns recently received the Market Metrix award for guest satisfaction, and our staff is just an example of how much we take pride in that award. I hope that every time you visit, your stay is better than the last!

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We booked the Jameson Inn for our out of town guests for my daughter's wedding. The staff was so kind to all our guests. They put our guest's gift bags in their rooms for us. Furnished the conference room for the older guests to use to visit in comfort. Also let the other guests visit in the breakfast area. Our guests complemented the staff, the cleaniness of their rooms and the quality of the breakfast. I would book this Inn again and recomment it to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JamesonInnAlcoa, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Thank you for you choosing the Jameson Inn Alcoa as the location for your guests to stay during the wedding events. The staff really appreciates your feedback, and we're very pleased that the guests enjoyed their hotel stay. I appreciate the kind words, and we would love to welcome any future guests you recommend to stay with us!

Caitland Romer, General Manager

Been to Quality Inn Alcoa? Share your experiences!