“Disappointing for a Marriott property” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn and Suites Knoxville Airport

You added La Quinta Inn and Suites Knoxville Airport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn and Suites Knoxville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Cusick Road, Alcoa, TN 37701 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Knoxville Alcoa/Airport)   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Alcoa
Birmingham, Alabama
“Disappointing for a Marriott property”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I made a last-minute weekend trip to the Smokies, and I decided to stay at this location rather than paying high rates in Gatlinburg for the holiday weekend.

When I arrived, the gentleman working the counter was very friendly and helpful. The check-in process was quick and easy. When I got to the room is when things started going downhill.

First thing I noticed was the old fixtures in the tub/shower. It had one of the drain stops you push down into the drain; however, it was broken - and the piece was sitting outside the shower on the floor.

I attempted to log on to the free wi-fi. After about five minutes of multiple log-ins, it connected. Two minutes later, it went out - and it would not re-connect the rest of the night. Same thing happened with the wireless the next night.

I intended to get up early and head out into the park. I noticed that I could not set the alarm clock because any time I touched the clock, the lamp on the same night stand went out (both plugged into the same outlet, which clearly has a short). Luckily, my phone has an alarm. Sure enough, when I woke up Saturday morning, the alarm clock in the room was blank.

This place seemed busy, but I was not impressed. Next time, I'll pay the extra money and stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this location on our motorcycle vacation. We parked our Harley close to the front door on the advice of the desk clerk. The next morning we were about to leave when I noticed someone had laid a cigar on the new seat I purchased less than 18 hours ago. We notified the desk and the manager filled out a report.
We stay in Marriott hotels at least 60 times a year. I will never stay in another Fairfield

• Stayed June 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

It is rare to find a good hotel for under $100. Room was clean, the staff was friendly and courteous & honest. My son left an ipod touch in the hotel room when we checked out. The maid found it, turned it in, and they sent me the ipod touch in the mail! I asked the person at the desk about where to take the family to eat, they recommended Calhoun's (which ended up being a great call). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Not happy with the service. Front Desk was not well mannered.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This a a nice, clean Fairfield on a road with a few other hotels right off a fairly busy road/highway (somewhat limited access). It's a good distance from Knoxville, but since it is directly across from the airport I guess it is still considered a Knoxville suburb.
While I was pleased with the hotel, for future visits to the area, I will likely try to stay a bit closer in.
I can only comment on our room because I do not know if the other rooms are similar, but the beds are the softest I have ever slept on. Whether that is good or bad is a personal preference.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Imagine you are tired after driving for hours and look forward to getting to bed. You check in and are given a room the furthest away from the elevator...I was using points for my stay. Upon entering room you hear smoke alarm beeping. You call clerk and get another room...right next door...and then walk in to hear the same beeping from smoke alarm. You call clerk again and get another key for another room. On the third attempt you get a quiet room! Not a great way to getting a good night's sleep. The rest of the stay was fine and the room was fine. The third room I got had a fairly new air conditioner compared to the old units in the first two. The pool, gym, and breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: don't take the end room on a floor as they are the least used
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Addison, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is convenient to the airport. It is a basic hotel. I have not stayed at any other Fairfield so cannot compare. I have stayed at this one twice to get the megabonus Marriott is running. I would not stay there if I didn't need a couple of stays for the bonus. It seems clean enough, but it just doesn't feel "comfortable". A couple of things that I didn't like, the hotel does not leave your bill under your door. You have to go to the front desk to check out and get a copy of your bill. And, I noticed on both visits, the staff uses old rags to prop open storage or employee's only doors. That did not give me an overall good impression of the hotel. The HIlton is definitely far and above in appearance and quality.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn and Suites Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!