“The only Hampton Inn I wasn't COMPLETELY satisfied with” 3 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Alcoa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“The only Hampton Inn I wasn't COMPLETELY satisfied with”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I only have two complaints. The room was very small and the toilet tissue was unacceptable. I love Hampton Inns and my family and our friends have been staying at them for many years. And we will continue to do so, just not at the Airport-Knoxville.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
TYSAP, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
First, let me express how deeply sorry we are that you had a bad experience at the Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport. We all understand how it feels to expect a certain room or amenity and not receive it. Please always feel free to let one of our Guest Service Associates know if you have a concern so that we may offer you a different room configuration or anything else that will make you comfortable.

Secondly, we do not just want to tell you about our other room configurations, we want you to EXPERIECNE them! The Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport is sending you a certificate for a free (1) night stay in one of our King Rooms. This room has a microwave, refrigerator and all the other Hampton amenities you have come to expect! We hope you find this room more spacious than your last, since the one King bed does take up less space than the 2 Double beds you had last time.

Please accept this certificate with our sincerest apology. We look forward to earning your loyalty.

Warm regards,
Dawn Graham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Trenton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

You never wonder about customer service, cleanliness, or the quality of your room when staying here. The staff goes out of their way for your comfort. Full hot breakfast which is actually good and freshly baked cookies every night, who needs anything else?

• Stayed December 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel and staff were outstanding. Clean rooms, great early breakfast, and staff bent over backwards to help anyway they could. They also have military discount! Definitely 5 stars! Close to the airport, Knoxville, and the military base.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TYSAP, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Knoxville area! We so appreciate your feedback. If I can be of assistance in the future, please let me know!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hampton Inn is now my favorite chain. I sometimes forget about it, but after reading a review of my targeted Courtyard By Marriott and realizing they didn't provide a breakfast, microwave, fridge or even internet for the more expensive rate, I stumbled upon the neighboring Hampton Inn and remembered how pleasant my stay had been at another HI site. I dropped in and requested a room.

First part of my review could apply to any Hampton: they have a nice, multi-faceted complimentary breakfast, fresh-baked goodies in the evening and 'custom' bathrooms in each bedroom. 'Custom' is in quotes because I understand each room is similarly equipped, but it really makes my bathroom feel uniquely designed. I love the touch. This site has a full walk-in shower, which I appreciated (though pressure was just a bit under my standards).

Really nice touch about this place (aside from the very pleasing staff): a customized van that is available for free to shuttling to local events. Airport shuttles are of course appreciated when available, but something that stood out was this wasn't your normal airport shuttle with the hotel name slapped on the side. It was customized for Hampton Inn and looked comfortable. But what was really cool? They had a handmade sign, on an easel, advising you to leave your car with them and let them take you to the local university football game. Talk about the extra mile, literally and figuratively. That should easily save $15 for parking alone!

The breakfast eating area was large and accommodating, with small family and couple tables and one nice bar chair community table. The serving area was a bit unfortunate: it was around the corner from the eating area and a bit cramped, so in and out traffic required a bit of understanding of your fellow travelers and care to not run into each other.

Yes: free internet (AT&T customers will find their devices connecting automatically), microwave and fridge. Nice touch was the two USB ports built into the bedside lamps for easy overnight recharging. Never knew to miss that before; now I will at other places. Chain restaurants in the area: some fast food, some sit-down, including a handful in easy walking distance.

Yep, the fact I'm writing this review should be an indication how much I appreciated my stay. It was worth the expense (and I do appreciate the military discount; thanks).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is important to me and my team and we hope to have you stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have now stayed at this Hampton Inn location over half a dozen times over the years. Almost always for Tennessee football weekends. The rooms and amenities are exactly what you would expect for a good Hampton Inn. The rooms are clean and the entire property is well kept.

But starting this year, prior to every arrival, I received a welcome e-mail greeting me and asking me if there is anything they can do during our stay. It's a small gesture. But one that I have not received from other Hamptons. And the staff is unfailingly polite and friendly in person as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience about the hotel. We love having you stay with us and hope to always be your hotel of choice. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future!

ASHVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As Hampton Inn's go, this one will not subject the visitor to any surprises.
Comfortable rooms, nice breakfast, good service and no hidden charges.
The internet service is strictly wireless, and sometimes frustratingly slow.
Towels are thinner than those at Homewood Suites or Hilton Garden Inns.
All serviceware is paper and plastic.
Good night's rest at reasonable rates, the Hampton Inn standard.

Room Tip: Airport convenience without jet noises.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

When traveling to Knoxville for work recently on two seperate occasions, the company put me up in this Hampton Inn.

I had never stayed in a Hampton Inn, but have only heard positive things, so I looked forward to it.

This location was awesome!

The first thing I will say is that the staff was amazing! So friendly and genuinely helpful.
I cannot say enough good things about the two shuttle drivers! Also had some amazing housekeepers and breakfast attendants too!

The room was very comfortable and quiet. I loved the bed, and it was perfect for a good rest.

The hotel had coffee, tea, and bottled water in the lobby at all times. In the evening, they had fresh chocolate chip cookies.

There was a free hot breakfast from 6am to 10am, that consisted of eggs, sausage, potatos, waffles, and various other sides and juices.

There were restaurants within walking distance, including Applebees, Subway, and Taco Bell.

The hotel had a shuttle to the airport, that would also take you to a local market if needed.

They had free wifi, and it worked great, and was fast also!

I am sure I will work down there again sometime, and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TYSAP, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We really appreciate your feedback and hope to be your Hampton Inn of choice everytime you are in the Knoxville area! Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future,

Warm regards,
Dawn

Been to Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!