“Some Good...Some Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Alcoa
San Jose, California
“Some Good...Some Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Let's start from the beginning.

I stayed here because of its location EXCELLENT! Walk from airport to hotel under an awning - What could be better?

Well, if you rent a car you are directed to the most inconvenient parking lot I have seen at a hotel. With a roller bag you traverse several sets of steps to get into the building.

Upon entry the front desk staff is helpful - no issues.

Bed comfort - very good - better than average.

TV: Good choice of HD channels without too many ESPN channels that are not watched. Ability to change aspect ratio a plus.

Wireless: Free and steady.

Bathroom: moldy/shower head too low. Water pressure OK but the hotel fascination with the Speakman shower-heads is ridiculous. Speakman must have a great salesman because they turn up everywhere. These shower-heads only succeed in applying air to the stream making the showerer is getting more water and pressure but quickly discover there is not all that much water coming out of the shower-head.

Breakfast at restaurant. Again nice people but pathetic food. Two eggs - scrambled well - whole wheat toast. I received two fried eggs and a basket of orange marmalade. When the eggs returned they were scrambled but not well done and not warm \. Potatoes were cold and bacon was luke warm. Check took forever to arrive.

Room iron had not been checked in years. Only became warm after banging the side - water leaked from controls. Housekeeping did arrive with a new iron - still in the box.

This hotel needs to work on the details of everything they do to be successful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced in our restaurant and with the in room iron. I will take action to address these issues and make sure it does not happen again. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here last week. The rooms were average. I was disappointed because the roaring engines from the airport on the side of the hotel I was on. Also, you have to pay for breakfast. The rate should at least include breakfast. I'm likely not staying here again.

Stayed November 2013
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your comfort is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the disturbing airport noise. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and we will work with our facilities team to better manage this issue for future guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel through the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Newport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel twice, going to and coming back from an overseas flight. It was most convenient to be able to leave my car parked there, for no extra charge, and to walk right over to the airport.

The rooms are good, the beds are comfortable, the food is excellent and less pricey than one would expect. In my first room, the toilet didn't flush very well and a receptacle at the desk was broken. I could hear every word that was spoken on the phone in the next room, the walls were pretty thin. The second room was looking out over the pool and at 7 am two huge lights that were turned on right in front of my window woke me up.

The pool is nice, especially with the outside light, even though the hot tub is a bit small. The fitness center is nicely equipped as well.

I would like to stay there again, for the convenience of having my car parked right there when I come back from my next flight and a comfortable bed waiting for me around midnight after a 24 hour trip. However, I am leaving in the afternoon, no need to spend the night BEFORE the trip in the hotel. And unfortunately, their policy is that you have to spent the night before the trip there to be able to leave your car. So I will probably have someone pick me up at the airport and not spend the night after the trip, unless I get a confirmation from a manager that I could indeed leave my car there again.

I would sure like to have a nice lunch there before my next trip, and after the trip look forward to the pool, the excellent breakfast buffet and friendly staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I appreciate the feedback, as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement, as well as what we are doing well. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location adjacent to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal and the ability to leave your car in our parking lot while you travel. Unfortunately, you must stay with us before your flight out to enjoy this service. Thank you very much for your business, and I do hope you will choose us again the next time you are flying out of Knoxville.
Harriman TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very nice and clean room; beds and pillows are really comfortable. They said they were getting ready to change out/remodel everything Nov 2013, but it was very nice the way it is so it should be even better. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Only problem was the room temp was a little hard to control, but I have run into that at hotels more often than not. Overall I would definitely stay again. The airport is just next door, and a short walk down a connecting sidewalk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville airport terminal via a covered sidewalk. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it is its proximity to the Knoxville Airport. Otherwise, it would shrivel up and go away. I think it gets booked up for UT home football games, and I'm sure the patrons are pretty rough on the property on those weekends. It shows. The floor on our level was littered with paper waste and a room service tray (at 5:00 pm on a non-football weekend Friday). Really, the room was OK. It was clean and had a comfortable bed. We slept well. We went to the bar at 5:30, and there were very few people there. However, the service was terrible. We ordered a bar snack, and it took forever to get there and came in a plastic basket like you get at Hardee's.

I would recommend that you look for another hotel, unless you need instant access to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems you had with debris in the hallway and poor service in the bar. This is unacceptable to me, and I will take immediate action to make sure it does not happen again. I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. As far at UT home games, we actually host the visiting teams and have no issues with our guests on those weekends. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Helena MT, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Being at the airport, you expect some plane noise. But the Delta repair/maintenance station is right outside the window. Jets checked engines from 4:00 a.m. until after midnight. Make sure to stay in a room away on the outside that is on the same side as the front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize for the issue with the noise from the airplane maintenance. I will check in to this situation, as we do not normally have this kind of noise complaints. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. The biggest reason being the location. Literally a 5 minute walk from the front desk to check in for your flights. No need for a shuttle. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel clean, all the amenities you need, nice pool (hot tub WAY too small though). Rooms were a decent size, comfy beds. I wish every airport had this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal! Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!