“Room with a noisy view” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Alcoa Highway, Alcoa, TN 37701-3163   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Alcoa
Helena MT, United States
“Room with a noisy view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Being at the airport, you expect some plane noise. But the Delta repair/maintenance station is right outside the window. Jets checked engines from 4:00 a.m. until after midnight. Make sure to stay in a room away on the outside that is on the same side as the front desk.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize for the issue with the noise from the airplane maintenance. I will check in to this situation, as we do not normally have this kind of noise complaints. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. The biggest reason being the location. Literally a 5 minute walk from the front desk to check in for your flights. No need for a shuttle. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel clean, all the amenities you need, nice pool (hot tub WAY too small though). Rooms were a decent size, comfy beds. I wish every airport had this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal! Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon.
Knoxville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel was used for our reunion of nurses. The food for the banquet and the room was excellent. Staff were very helpful and courteous. The pool was too cold and the hot tub too small. Somewhat difficult to find the front of the hotel. Staff at front desk were rather slow in registering and could not check HH honors due to computer problems. Woman at bar on 10-26-13 was rude and not friendly at all. Other staff were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the reunion! I do want to apologize for the problems you experienced wih swimming pool being too cold and poor service in the bar. i will take action to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Johnson City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Hilton Airport at Knoxville is an outstanding place to stay and relax. They also allow me to park my vehicle for the duration of my trip and thereby makes the travel more convenient (proximity) and economical.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

In doing two trips in one week, I was hoping to have a hotel near the airport without a lot of plane noise. This hotel is right adjacent to McGee Tyson but you would not know by noise or service! I enjoyed the same great Hilton branded services as I do with Hampton Inns, and had easy access to the interstate.

Torrance, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is clean and offers nice amenities such as good coffee and snacks in the lobby, multiple computers in the lobby and office center, and nice seating areas in the lobby. However, for an airport location, it is astounding that there are no ramps (for wheeled luggage) from the parking areas to the hotel nor inside the hotel from one level in the lobby to the next. Everyone who travels nowadays has wheeled carry-on luggage and it is strange to see everyone having to drag or hoist their luggage around this hotel. Also, the noise from the nearby airport and highway was significant in my room at night. I was surprised that the window noise insulation was not better. The room interior was excellent though and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room that is farther away from the highway next time , to avoid the noise at night...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I appreciate the feedback, as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Airport Hilton the night before our flight to LaGuardia for cruise the next day. (Flight is wonderful, no stops, Knoxville to LGA, 7:00 a.m. and arriving at 9:05 a.m.) The room was pricey ($183) but worth the convenience to spend the night, walk to the terminal and leave my car for 12 days (at no charge). We arrived late in the afternoon and were given a room on the top floor overlooking the airport which we requested. (Yes, my husband is a former pilot.) Check in was efficient. Room was not large but adequate. King bed was comfortable. Food is available in a raised bar area or dining room. We chose the bar because the other guests were there. In retrospect, we should have chosen the lonesome dining area because there were two servers there. The bar area had two servers also but one was the bartender to wait on about 25 people. The menu was limited but food was good. No breakfast available but since we were leaving to walk to the terminal at 5:30 a.m., we could not partake anyway. (Note: the lower left walkway takes you directly into baggage claim, take the elevator up and you are in the terminal.)

Room Tip: If you are not "into" airplanes, ask for a room on south or east side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!