“All You Could Ask” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Fresno, California
“All You Could Ask”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

A bargain rate, a free breakfast, well insulated walls, friendly staff, and a clean room - all you could ask. After staying a week I left with a positive impression of the property and staff. Many properties offer free breakfasts, but some consist of packaged donuts a few fruits and coffee. Not so at the Ramada, where daily fare included choices of Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, ham/sausage/bacon, hot/cold cereal, bagels/toast, fruits & juices. Rooms were clean and well serviced by staff, with little or no noise apparant through common walls. Some rooms overlook the inside pool, which can be a location advantage for familes, or a disadvantage if you choose to sleep in on weekend stays as poolside noise can be loud.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2010
I would also like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a positive review. We have continued to make some minor changes to the property throughout 2010. We have recently opened the patio for dining as well. The restaurant and bar continue to flourish and we have added a smoker to the kitchen which has enabled us to expand the menu to include some very nice smoked entrees and sandwiches. Thanks again to the gentleman who completed this review and I would encourage everyone who stays here to complete the survey on TripAdvisor whether it is positive or negative.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Stayed here a couple of times in the past few months. Chose this hotel because of the 'remodeling' that was done. The remodeling was not a full remodel. It is more of an updating on one wing of the hotel. They did a very good job with the bar and restaurant! It seems that the ownership is more interested in drinking and partying than having comfortable rooms. The staff is pretty good. They are friendly and attentive, but not well organized. It just seems that this place misses the mark on being a welcoming hotel. I don't know if the owners have any motel experience or not, but I would guess that they don't as there doesn't seem to be much attention to detail on the property. I do like the property and will stay there again if things seem to improve, but for the time being I am going to the AmericInn in town. Much better place and more reasonably priced.
I am not sure if this hotel has a business center although there is a computer in the corner by the front desk. Maybe this is the 'business center'?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
I just want to thank this guest for writing a review. The more feedback that we receive the easier it will be to improve our facility. We are contining to move forward with our remodelling plans. All of our common areas have been completed as well as 40% of the rooms. All of the other rooms have new carpet, mattresses, pillows, bed coverings, window treatments, etc. We will continue to completely remodel these rooms in 2010.

Thanks again,
paradisefound619
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada recently for a wedding. We arrived two hours early hoping to check in but our room was not ready. Totally understandable so we went out to lunch and came back to see if it was ready yet and it was not. So we walked around the hotel and then sat in the lobby to wait for our room. It was ready at check in time. Nothing to complain about but I would have be impressed with an earlier check in.

There are no queen sized beds in the hotel, so we ended up getting a room with two doubles. Well, my husband is 6'2 so when it came to going to sleep, we slept in separate beds. Oh well. The room we stayed in was in the newer part of the hotel and was pretty standard. There was a refrigerator and microwave which was nice. The TV was a flat screen and a decent size. Overall, our experience in the room was fine. We didn't hear anything and it was very spacious.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
This review is a much better reflection of the changes that have been made over the past 2 years. The new owners have spent a lot of time and money to make this property a success. We are continually updating the property and have ongoing training for the management and staff. The restaurant and bar within the facility have become the favorite for the locals as well. Thanks for the review and I would encourage others to do the same whether it is good or bad.

Dakotas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

The side entrence was uninviting and dirty. The rooms were smaller than I expected and the poolside room was not by the pool at all. The bathrooms were dirty. The pool area had some fresh paint and was ok. Overall I was not impressed with the experience.

• Liked — Nice looking front desk area
  • Disliked — dirty dingy feeling
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Since May of 2008 many other changes have been made to the property. We have spent over 3 million dollars in renovations and have updated all of our training, policies and procedures. During this time we were on our way to becoming a nice facility, but have since made vast improvements in all of the areas including a very nice restaurant and a lounge that patrons can not stop talking about. Thanks for the review and I would encourage more people to write reviews as well. This will enable us to continue meeting our guests needs and concerns.

lawrenceville,ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

I am a Choice, Hilton and Holiday Inn Gold Traveler and these are my lodging preferences. I was booked here (by a client) for a conference and thus had no choice. The conference room was large and very suitable.

The hotel is old but the location is good. The rooms have been remodeled and the mattresses/bedspreads appear to be new. The shower is modern with a curved rod and updated shower head. They offer FREE breakfast (full) and 20% off on meals in the restaurant...which was fine. The TV was new and clear.

I did not feel unsafe or worried during my stay as a single woman. They do not have a working key card entrance in the back door but this town is not too large, so it did not bother me....if it were the city then perhaps I would be concerned!

I would not choose this location over the Holiday Inn Express (down the street) but it was comfortable, clean and quiet. The pool was clean and seemed to be a draw for families. I try to stay in the chains where I have attained status (for reward points) but this location was fine for those who are just looking for an overnight or two.

Stayed May 2008
This review is also a good reflection of the changes that we have made over the past 2 years. We have continued to improve the property as well as our service and amenities. Our restaurant and bar have since become the favorite location in town for the locals to patronize. I would personally like to thank everyone who has submitted a review and would encourage others to do the same (good or bad). This will enable us to address the needs of all our guests and continue to impove our property and customer service.

SE Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

At first I was concerned about this hotel as it had exterior room doors, but figured it would be ok. The room did not seem too bad, especially compared to some of the other places I stayed this week. Then I got up in the morning to take a shower. YUCK! There were dirty wash cloths in the shower, spiders, and cobwebs all over the toilet/shower room. I was very shocked and disappointed at such a gross place. breakfast was nothing to write home about it is one of those they have a restraunt and you can pick from a few free things but end up without a drink or spending money. After the shower thing I skipped breakfast for fear the same person that cleaned the bathroom might also clean the kitchen. At this price point I definately had much higher expectations.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
This property has had $3 million of renovations in the past 2 years. This is a result of new ownership in 2007. I was hired shortly after that time and have made many changes to our facility including our policies and procedures. We are rapidly becoming the place to stay in this area. If you have not stayed at our location since 2008 you will be pleasantly surprised by all of the changes that have been made.

Aberdeen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

I have stayed here many times, usually twice a year, most of the time I am not so critical as this hotel is usually one of the better priced locations in this town, but just because they cost a little less doesn't mean I shouldn't still expect decent accomodations.

I will say that the help there that day was pretty nice and accomodating, the desk clerk was friendly and empathetic when we requested a new room. They were even nice enough to provide us a few table and chairs so we cold gather in the pool area.

The place has recently had some renovations done on the exterior, but it could use a good overhaul inside!

The first thing I noticed was that some tiles in the entrance and hallway were coming up, but were covered by long rugs. Walking over them I felt like I could trip if not careful. The first room I was given smelled badly of must and mildew, the second room I was given was better but still not very fresh.

We attempted to sit in the pool area and allow our children to swim but it was so cold, even with jackets on, we had to leave. The kids tried to swim in the pool, but it was so cold they resorted to the hot tub which was at least lukewarm. The entire pool area has large fans hanging from the ceilings, they were on full blast. We asked if they could be turned down or off and were told no.

We had intended on staying the night and swimming and having a good time, but were so unhappy we checked out at 6pm and didn't even use the room.

This hotel has potential, but not keeping up with standard maintenance is going to ruin its reputation. The large pool area is really nice for gatherings, but the temp is never comfortable. They really need to do something about this place.

• Liked — The staff was friendly and the price was lower that similar hotels in the area.
  • Disliked — The pool are was freezing and the overall interior was in need of improvement.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring coats and air fresheners
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
We have made 3 million dollars of renovations at this property since 2007. This is a direct result of new ownership. New management and staff have been hired since that time including myself. We have made vast improvements to our facility as well as our policies and procedures. We have since become one of the premier hotels to stay at in this area. If you have not stayed here since 2008 you will be pleasantly surprised by all of the changes that have been made since your last stay.

Mike Russell

Been to Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!