“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Aberdeen
Federal Way
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We always stay here when we come to town to visit our family...our stay is minimum of 4 nights. Services is excellent, beds are comfortable..as are the pillows. the rooms smell pleasant too..which is a change from other hotels. Breakfast incredible...so is restaurant and lounge, The folks at front desk are wonderful. ... it is also close to many stores... ie.. grocery, gas, k mart, Walmart..etc.. This is always our first choice

Room Tip: we tend to stay on the rooms 'outside' of pool area. It's great for the families using...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you very much for all of the positive comments!! I greatly appreciate all of the guests who take the time from their busy schedules to complete a review on our property. It is very encouraging and great to hear the positive comments and be able to pass them on to the rest of the staff. Also a helpful tool for us to correct any issues or concerns that our guests may have encountered while staying with us. Thanks again and I would encourage anyone who reads this review and chooses to stay with us to complete a review (good or bad) to help us continually improve the experience for our guests.

Mike Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were here for a friends graduation and reception pool side. They had a firm policy of no outside food or beverage pool side, so we had to keep running to our room for beer and poured it into a dixie cup for consumption. The pool area was quite warm and humid, which is great for a pool party, but not so much for a graduation party.

The room seemed clean and we all slept well. The sink area is separate from the toilet/shower, which I prefer, but the toilet/shower area is small enough that I had to straddle the thunder mug to get the door closed. And, while I'm not a tiny guy, I'm not huge either. The problem came when we woke up and showered: both my daughter and I had ticks on us. Further investigation had ticks in the beds. Gave me the straight up willies and the reason for the rating. I didn't hear of anyone else in our party having issues and didn't read anything about it here, so it may be a one off. If you're reading this, Ramada Guys, check room 277 - it's infested.

We divested ourselves of said critters and did eat the free continental breakfast in the cafe. This was standard free hotel fare but better than most in the fact that the food was actually hot. Scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast sticks, yogurt, fruit and cold cereal.

So, other than getting a potentially life threatening disease from multiple tick bites this wasn't an unpleasant stay, but we'd rather not stay here again. Bed bugs? Doubt it as we have no signs of those kind of bites.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
I would like to thank this guest for being candid, honest, and open about their stay at our property instead of just focusing on the one item that was unpleasant. I was quite surprised while reading the review since I have not had any issues of this nature in the past. I am truly sorry and can assure everyone that it was a one and only time occurence. I greatly appreciate all of the positive comments as well and will be certain to pass them on to the rest of the staff. Thanks again for taking the time to complete a review and I would encourage anyone who stays with us to do the same. It is certainly a valuable tool for us to improve the property and services for our future guests as well as share the positive experiences with our staff.

South
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Had a conference at this motel. The poolside room was nice and I slept very well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive comments. I greatly appreciate everyone who takes the small amount of time to complete a review on our property. I can assure you that we check them on a regular basis and utilize them to the best of our ability. We post all of the reviews for the entire staff to read which is very encouraging for them to see the good comments. We also immediately address any issues or concerns that have been made through the review process. Thanks again for taking the time to review our property and I encourage everyone who stays at our hotel to do the same. We all look forward to serving you in the future!!

Fort Calhoun, Ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our son moved to Aberdeen April 11, He has a nice apartment but not nice enough we want to stay there. lol We have been fortunate enough to stay at the Ramada all three times and will stay there again. The rooms are always nice and very clean. The hot breakfast always busts my diet. The pool is huge, as is the hot tub. Even on a very busy weekend the pool area is kept very neat and clean. On this visit a large flat screen was in the room. I think that was new. The management and front desk people took very good care of our needs. My wife and I have never stayed anywhere else in Aberdeen and at this point see no reason to look elsewhere. Happy hour at Tapz was great too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
It is always great to hear the positive comments! I will certainly pass this on to the rest of the team. Thank you very much for the compliments and taking the time to fill out a review on our property. I would encourage everyone who stays with us to please complete a review (good or bad). It enables us to pass on the compliments to the staff as well as address any issues that our guests might have to ensure that we exceed your expectations in the future. Thanks again!!

Compassionately,
sd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

First, let me say that I have stayed at the Ramada 4 times within the past year for business. I have been pleased every time I've stayed there, but evidently that is because I have always stayed poolside. We checked in and received rooms on the west end of the building (Rooms 227 and 229). We drove around to the west side and found that it's more like a "motel". The rooms on the first floor open onto the sidewalk. We breathed a sigh of relief because we saw you had to go up an enclosed stairway to get to our rooms, and we figured that would be a little more safe. As we struggled to maneuveur our luggage to the stairs, a fellow traveler muttered, "Nice stairs, huh?". We didn't know what he was talking about until we entered the stairs. There was a scary cubby hole filled with garbage and the stairs were atrocious. Not only was one step broken, but there was garbage and litter all the way up the stairs. When we came to the door at the top, we found the card security reader was broken and the door was open for anyone off the street. We found our rooms and the walls were paper-thin. I could clearly hear the man next door, who was on his cell phone and talking about "handcuffs". People downstairs were smoking outside, and the smoke drifted up the open doorway and filled the hallway. We asked the front desk to switch our rooms to poolside and they promptly accommodated us. The new rooms were much better, but still had peeling wallpaper. I just can't believe it was the same hotel. Take my advice and ask for a poolside room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for POOLSIDE and avoid the WEST SIDE, or any room on the outside!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family stayed at the Ramada at the beginning of March. We were dissappointed by the dirty rooms, and bad food. We also had some problems w/ the security of the buliding, and were informed that the video survellience was not functioning. I do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
I would like to apologize for the concerns that this guest had at our facility. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our guests which was obviously not the case for this guest. Again I am truly sorry and hope that we are given a second chance in the future. I can assure anyone who reads this review that problems such as this are a very rare occurence and I am very confident that we will meet and/or exceed the expectations of all our future guests. Our restuarant and hot continental breakfast consistently get very positive comments. We are the only property in the region that has an in house smoker for authentic smoked meats and a lounge that has beer taps built in to the tables where you can pour your own ice cold beer. Again, I am very sorry and would also like to encourage anyone who stays at our property to post a review on Trip Advisor (good or bad) which will enable us to pass along positive comments as well as address any issues or concerns that our guests may encounter.

Compassionately,
Hudson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Ramada from Fri-Mon. When we arrived to our room our chair was filthy. I did call the front desk and they did switch it out right away. The hotel does need updating but the pool area was large and kept clean. I was disgusted by the service that we received while there. We used the shower for the first time on Saturday morning. I called the front desk to let them know that there were short hairs in the tub. I was told someone would be down to clean it up. We left for a bit and when we came back it still wasn't taken care of. I called again when we returned back on Saturday evening because it still wasn't taken care of. I finally had to clean them out myself. Yuck. On Sunday afternoon my four children were swimming in the pool along with one extra child who belonged to the people we were visiting in Aberdeen and there were no pools in the pool area. I did call up to the front desk and they said the towels were in the dryer. My 14 year old daughter was ready to get out of the pool and the cleaning ladies had been down our hall so my daughter went and asked the younger lady if she had a towel. My daughter was told that she didn't have a towel for her. My 14 year old daughter was in a bikini freezing her butt off. I went to the front desk and asked if they knew when the towels would be done. She called and said they were currently bringing up the towels to the pool area. I explained the situation that happened with my daughter and she proceeded to tell me that they were different towels. I told her that I didn't care that my 14 year old was out of the pool in a wet bikini freezing her butt off and should have been given a towel. On Sunday our room was not tended too until I called at 12:30. I was then told that because of the high volume of guests on Saturday night that everyone was really busy. Everyone was really busy taking care of the rooms of people that had checked out. I truly feel that the guest rooms that still had people in them should have taken priority. I don't feel that I should have had to call.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
TapZ, General Manager at Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
To be honest I was very embarrassed to read this review. We obviously were not at our best on this particular weekend. I am truly sorry and can assure you that this is not a normal occurance at our property. Please take the time to read the other reviews from 2011 and I would encourage everyone to please write a review (good or bad) if they have stayed at our property. This enables us to give our guests what they are looking for as well as pass on any positive reviews to the staff. I greatly appreciate the comments and again I am truly sorry.

Mike Russell

Been to Ramada Aberdeen Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!