“Consistently Excellent Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Anderson
Anderson, South Carolina
“Consistently Excellent Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

All the staff were friendly and very helpful. Particularly Gabby, (I believe that was her name) she was very helpful and generous with her time. She took special pains to make sure any thing wrong was corrected to my satisfaction.

I've stayed here twice, both experiences were excellent. The one bad experience I had was an (apparently) false fire alarm in the middle of the night that awoke me.

The breakfast was a little over priced I thought. $4 for a bowl of oatmeal. It was good oatmeal though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear JRC39,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Gabby. She really does go out of her way to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay. I do apologize for the fire alarm going off early in the morning; I know that can be annoying.
Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dulles, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

BEWARE of 3rd party bookings (hotwire, priceline, etc) as when regular rooms are unavailable, they book you a SMOKING ROOM with no refunds, exchanges, etc. The policy is hidden way down in the small print and you have no recourse.
We checked into the hotel and had to take a smoking room due to unavailable non-smoking. The room stank to high heaven, there were other dank odors as well. The décor of the rooms is fine, but if you aren't bother by smells (pillows, blankets, curtains, towels, etc) then have at it. I asked for deorderizer spray but hotel had none-which I find hard to believe. air conditioners are under the window units which are very noisy. Terrible night sleep and couldn't wait to get out. All clothes smelled like the room when I left and will have to be laundered immediately.
Very high price for the area with no breakfast included ($9.95 pp)
Very bad experience, and now I know why I stay with the other chains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Thompson5416,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for your inconveniences you experienced last weekend. I am very sorry that we were not able to honor your request for a non smoking room. If we were able to honor your request, we absolutely would have done so.
Again, I am very sorry
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel really makes you feel like you are at home. I missed breakfast by 15 minutes and yet the chef-Ms Jerry still makes my breakfast and I get to eat.
The front desk service lady-Vickie- really knows the meaning of a good customer service. The Bar lady-Pam cater to your needs, she saw that my hands were full and so she offered to carry some of my things up to my room. I really had a long day at work and the staff of this hotel, Holiday Inn Anderson, SC really makes you forget about the day you been having and just relax.

Every year I come to Anderson, I always stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Appreciate the hospitality!

Room Tip: All King Suites-non smoking
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Selaima H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We absolutely pride ourselves on our customer service. It is extremely important to us and we were thrilled that you took note. We are very fortunate to have employees here like Geri, Vicki, and Pam. All 3 are tremendous assets to our hotel.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Anderson, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Loved the hotel. It was clean, nice, organized, beautiful. The room was really clean and the bed was comfortable.
Brian was so amazing there and so was the rest of the staff, especially Gabbie. Their customer service skills were out of this world! Thank you for making that a great experience!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Jojoba6,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I truely did get a smile on my face reading your reveiw. I will absolutly be passing your kind words along to our housekeeping department and also to Gabby. We very lucky to have a housekeeping department that such a wonder job, and we are especially fortunate to have employees such as Gabby here.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Upon checking in I was greeted by a very nice lady named Ms. Gabby. She was very pleasant and helpful. She always has a smile on her face. She is always prompt to greet me when I arrive or depart from the hotel. She has been one the best Holiday inn staff member I have had the pleasure of meeting in my nation wide travels.

My room was very well cleaned and very up to date.the bed and sheets are very soft and cozy. The AC in the room works great. There wasnt any noises to be heard at night.

The hotel is also equipped with a bar on the back side of the lobby which is very nice to sit at and watch sports

I very much have enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn in Anderson, SC. A++ in my book.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear LeeDeSpain,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It truly means a lot to us, to ready reviews such as yours. We know that we are lucky to have an employee here such as Gabby. She always has on a big smile and is ready to take care of all of our guests. Also thank you for your kind words about our housekeeping department. They really do work hard to make sure all of our guest rooms are as clean as you found your room.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property, and we look forward to taking care of your accommodations the next time you are in Anderson.
north west england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

On the face of it, this is a really nice hotel with pleasant public areas. But there’s a lack of attention to detail that prevents a good overnight stay being a great overnight stay.

For example, it’s good that coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby. It's not good that, on two of the three occasions we tried it, we found it was cold.

The lack of attention to detail also affects what is, basically, a very nice room. And coffee featured here. Having failed to get a hot drink in the lobby, we tried to make one in the room, only to find the coffee maker had a part missing.

There were other small niggles. The air con controls wouldn’t switch the fan off and it could only be stopped by unplugging it. The bracket holding the iron in the cupboard was barely fixed to the wall, with only one loose screw – it fell off when we lifted the iron. And then the towel rail similarly fell apart. We were only staying overnight so didn’t raise these minor issues with the hotel. Other than that, we had a good night’s sleep, which was the important consideration.

It was not all negative. There was a comfy bed, a good range of TV stations, decent wi-fi and a business centre which allowed us to print off our airline boarding passes (we were driving to Atlanta to catch a transatlantic flight). Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but you can pre-buy breakfast at the time of booking the hotel. Cost is $6 but, in return, you get a $10 voucher which is something of a bargain. There’s the usual range of breakfast items on offer. The hotel must have been very quiet, as we were the only guests having breakfast. Indeed, we didn’t see any other guests around in the morning. A bit like the Marie Celeste. There was also no problem in arranging a late checkout which better suited our onward travel plans.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Harters,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and we know that it is our attention to details that will make for a wonderful stay here. I hate to here that we missed some of those details during your stay. I have aleady met with our team about your reveiw and we have made some adjustments in our daily tasks.

Again, thank you for your review and for pointing out some areas we can improve on.
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I can´t understand how in modern time that we live, in the restarant, the preparation of breakfast, take so long time.

I understand that I was part of a big group, but I thing that the personel of the cocine it´s not prepared to attend much people

I must wait around for one hour to have my breakfast, and for that I lost the first presentacion of a seminar where I would be present.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carlos C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that breakfast did not meet your expectation. I have already had a meeting with our Food & Beverage Manger along with our General Manger about your review. We also discussed areas we can improve on during our breakfast time that will enhance all of our guests experiences. We have actually already implemented some ideas that came out of our meeting.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our property.