“Worst Starbucks experience at this location.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 235 Restaurants in Anderson
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Worst Starbucks experience at this location.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My business partner and I came into this Starbucks 7:50 a.m. last Thursday morning. There was no line inside (one person waiting on a coffee) there was in the drive thru. We asked the guy at the register if we could order two large boxes of coffee and about a 12-14 pastries/muffins or if we needed to leave and call ahead. He said no problem. We each ordered a large coffee to add to the order. Nothing complex - just two large coffees. Rang us up - receipt around 55.00.

The wait began. We watched as people began to come in and a line began to form. Amazingly we noticed no person was working our order but rather they were waiting on the new folks. We brought this to one guy's attention and he said they were working on it. Our meeting begins at 8:30 but we are nice people and both of us have worked retail and restaurants before...plus my son is the manager of a MugShots so I try to be nice to people in the biz.

At 8:20 after watching many people come, including watching them give another customer after us a large box of coffee to go! I went over and said we cannot wait any longer we need our money back.

Here is the part that blew my mind (off brand moment).

He issues us a refund. Doesn't apologize, doesn't give us the little "Im sorry cards" and worse - does not even offer us our 2 large coffees.

Wow - I've been a "bucker" forever, this place needs some serious training work. That was a nice sale for 7:55 folks - losing it should bother you a bit more.

Next time we'll hit Panera, Dunkin, or the coffee shop at Sullivan's downtown.

• Visited November 2013

Anderson, South Carolina, USA
“Starbucks coffee, need I say more??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great coffee. Glad to see them come to anderson. We needed a great coffee shop other than jittery joes which is also pretty good

Visited May 2013