“Another great dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Anderson, South Carolina
“Another great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Was here with a group of 8 coworkers. Four of us ordered salmon with mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans. It also came with a side salad. One of our coworkers was running late. When she arrived, we were eating our salad. She thought it looked so good that she ordered the salad for dinner. Two coworkers had the grilled mushroom burger. It was cooked perfectly. Not overlooked or dry. Service was spot on. When we arrived we had our table reserved and waiting. Love the service and the atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John D, Owner at Doolittle's, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you Pam for the kind words and review! We try hard everyday to give an exceptional dining experience, and I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. I hope to see you and yours again really soon.

South Carolina
“...how do I say this -- and still be nice.?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Since February we've read some good things about their new dinner menu.. so, even with our bad experience we thought we'd try it again -- "not" a good idea.

The waitress bragged about their fish so I ordered the "pecan trout" ... maybe they should rename it: "the pecan platter" ... it was "not" even edible, the waitress asked me why I wasn't eating it and I explained it was horrible -- never removing the plate, she smiled and walked away and we didn't see her for another 10 minutes.? ... when she came back she asked me if it tasted any better then handed us the bill.

This is the year 2013.. you would think in the world of iPhones, social media, worldwide communications and struggles in a weak economy that the staff at Doolittle's would try harder, at least give it a try ...... I guess not much has changed since February, poor service with even less quality in the food department.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
John D, Owner at Doolittle's, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very sorry for the dissatisfaction that you experience when dining with us. I strive to visit each of my guests and make sure that they enjoy their meal and experience while dining with us. I am sorry that I did not get the opportunity to visit with you so that I could rectify the situation, or at the very least not let you pay for a meal that you felt was not satisfactory. I also would like to apologize for the service or lack there of that you and you guests experienced. If given the chance, I would love to give you the experience you deserve. The comment card you left did not give any information to contact you, but if you would contact me, I would love to replace the poor experience with a great one.
Thank you for letting us know where we fell short of your expectations this time on your review. This will enable us to train, and make adjustments so that we may serve great fresh food and give the great service for which we strive. I hope to hear from you soon!
Anderson, SC
“A nice place for any occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We've dined here several times and haven't been disappointed. We also haven't eaten the same thing twice. The service is prompt, the food is very well done and presented very nicely. Arguably one of the best places to eat downtown.

Visited June 2013
Indian Land, SC
“Historic Charm; GREAT food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Loved this old building that used to be a bank...original floors. Such fun! Beautiful and comfortable decor, great service and delicous, creative sandwiches!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, South Carolina
“Another great meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stopped in for a quick, no frills dinner. Had the fish taco appetizer (3 tacos and sweet potato fries... a lot of food) and Smokehouse burger. Food was excellent as always... Great place for lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2013