“My New Hotel Chain of Choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home-Towne Suites Anderson

You added Home-Towne Suites Anderson to your Saves list
Home-Towne Suites Anderson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Civic Center Blvd, Anderson, SC 29625 (Formerly MainStay Suites)   |
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Anderson
Birmingham, Alabama
“My New Hotel Chain of Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at the Home-Towne Suites in Auburn Alabama and when I had to go to Anderson on business found that Home-Towne had a hotel there.I LOVE this chain! The staff in Anderson was so helpful and so kind.This was my first time in Anderson but I will stay at this hotel again next month! These hotels are truly HOME AWAY FROM HOME! I of course forgot some personal items but Nicole and April took care of it the minute that I told them.They were always on duty and always so friendly.Clean room and very well maintained! Thanks Anderson! See you soon!

Room Tip: Ask Nicole or April for restaurant choices! Also ask about the hotel discounts-they took great care...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I am grateful to Kristie Matheson for her assistance and professionalism! We had a last minute contingent of pro-cyclists arrive in Anderson County in need of lodging. Kristie was exceptionally helpful! She went to work right away and made the cyclists stay comfortable! Thank you Home-Towne Suites and especially, Kristie - as always you make doing business with Home-Towne Suites a pleasure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sherrill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My stay here was nothing short of spectacular. It truly was a home away from home. From management all the way down to the cleaning people my every need was handled professionally and with a warmth of family. One of the best features was the location. I was 30 seconds to shopping, theaters, and many restaurants but yet sucluded enough for quiet. I will tell anyone looking for a place to lay their head that this is the hotel to go to.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor a couple of doors down from the laundry area. About the center of the hote...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ridgeway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have stayed here on many occasions from football weekends to vacations to visiting relatives in the area. We appreciate the consistent good service from all staff, the good value and the accommodations. We like the fact that the rooms include amenities that allow us to eat in when we want. Megan and Ivory have been especially helpful when we have stayed there, they seem to remember us at each stay. The exterior is well kept and attractive. On our last stay there were freshly planted pansies blooming along with camellia bushes in bloom. Very welcoming!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My family and I had a great time here, wish I had know about Home-Town Suites sooner...When we go to the mountains again, this is where we will stay..............We were only minutes from the mall and every restaurant you could imagine............We traveled to Table Rock State Park about 45 minutes away and had a great day.....When we got back our room was immaculate and we had everything we needed. Anytime we needed anything the staff was right there and always met our needs........Thank You, To everyone there..............We will be back !!

Room Tip: Large Fridge and a complete efficiency kitchen.....2 room suite, 2 bath, excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Citronelle, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed with Hometowne Suites in Anderson last year while working on a nine month project. The staff there was extremely friendly and helpful from day 1. Kristy helped me out with an excellent rate for my stay with them and always asked how I was when I saw her in the hallway downstairs. Meagan was also extremely helpful and smiling when I came into the lobby. The staff was always very professional. The rooms and laundry facilities were well maintained and I was always happy with the housekeeping services. Whether you are staying one night or months at a time I highly recommend the Anderson, SC Hometowne Suites.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Matthews, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Requested a Non-smoking room & the non-smoking symbol was on the door number placard, but one sniff and it was easy to tell this rule isn't enforced at this hotel. Not only did the room reeek of cigarettes, but there are burn marks on the bathroom floor, and even found one on the bed's comforter.

Also, requested a later check out time (usually noon) but was refused.

Commented on the hotel's website, but no response to my complaints.

Would not recommend this hotel; I certainly will look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room was NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites Anderson, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
We're sorry to hear of the issue that you encountered during your stay. Our Anderson hotel is a completely non-smoking hotel and we take our policy seriously. We ask that if a guest finds that a non-smoking room has been smoked in, they call the front desk immediately to alert management and request a different room. This would allow us to provide the quality of room that is expected as well as allow us to have the room that was smoked in serviced by maintenance. While we do try to accomodate requests for late check-outs, this is not always possible if another guest has reserved the room. Our corporate office did not receive an email though our website matching this review. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please call the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager.

Been to Home-Towne Suites Anderson? Share your experiences!