“Cool concept” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Anderson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: On January 5th, 2011, the State of South Carolina issued Palmetto Moonshine a permit to make LEGAL moonshine and become the first micro-distillery to make the illegal liquor that has been selling for hundreds of years. Through connections from friends and our own family tree, we found many retired moonshiners who were willing to share their century old recipes with us to keep the moonshine spirit alive for the next couple hundred years. After a long process, we took their secrets and created our own special recipe for Palmetto Moonshine. Free distillery tours and moonshine tastings available daily.
Anderson, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Cool concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

You taste differerent flavors of moonshine.The warehouse set up shows you the history of moonshine.I think if they offered more food items like specialty foods like stuffed olives/cheeses etc.Remember to tip the bartender.

Visited March 2013

Anderson, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“It was interesting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

It was interesting to see the mash and the still. They have shine you can taste and novelty items to buy. Nice place to visit. If your in Anderson stop in.

Visited February 2013
WI
5 attraction reviews
“Legal Moonshine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I found this place online and thought why not try it. The tour can vary in length depending on the interest of the people in the group. At the conclusion of the tour we were given a tasting of different moonshine. It was great pit stop for the road trip.

Visited June 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Best Distillery Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my wife started our Honey Moon right across the SC line. We stayed at a local hotel on night one and the next morning while eating breakfast we were looking at local advertising in the hotel lobby. We found Palmetto Moonshine and it was only a few blocks away. It is a awesome place. Every one who works there is friendly and it is a once of a kind place. They give tasting samples and for people who aren't big into drinking they sell the most amazing BBQ sauce. If you are going to be in or around Anderson then this has to be your #1 destination. Every flavor of moonshine is great and the mixes are out standing as well as, as I said above their BBQ sauce is great. They also give a mini tour which is very interesting if you never really knew about the alcohol making process. They have tones of gifts and the place is full of great places for photo shots. Not to mention!! it has a great area to rest out front. The best gifts and Pam the manager is as sweet as she can be. Staff is always friendly and every time I go in they have new gifts. So if your looking for a one tank vacation Anderson has this plus much more and Palmetto will be the high light of it. Or if your looking for a cool one day road trip this is the place. Or if your on your way to the beach put this place as a rest stop. You won't regret it

Visited February 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“May I have some more?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I found this place online and tried to find it. There was a man with a sign on the corner pointing the way. To start, the building is neat. Then the smell of alcohol hits you, and then the sights of the still and gift shop. It's a lot to take in all at once, but then someone comes over to give you the history of the building and moonshine. You are then given samples of the best moonshine I've ever tasted. Needless to say I bought (had to buy another suitcase to get it home). I highly recommend the apple pie flavor.

The best part of the experience were Danny, my tour guide, and Pam, the lady who came over to chat. Very nice people. Oh yeah, even if you don't drink, there's plenty of items in the gift shop. Had my suitcases not been full already, I would have gotten much more.

Will be back for sure