“The go-to BBQ place in Anderson” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 235 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: Barbecue, Soups
Good for: Outdoor seating
Description: THE BEST BBQ! Smoked Pork, Ribs, Chicken, Beef Brisket and Sausages. The meats are smoked daily for 8 to 14 hours in our on-site BBQ Pit using a mixture of woods (Hickory, Pecan, White Oak) combined with unique blends of spices and rubs. Our traditional southern side dishes are cooked from scratch in-house each day. Come on by and visit us early 'cause when it's gone, IT'S GONE!
Townville
“The go-to BBQ place in Anderson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm in there at least once a month average, and frequently pick up bulk when I have family visiting. The People are great, with the owner giving you personal attention. The meats are so flavorful and juicy you don't really need sauces, but if you want to try something great and different, ask for the bottle of hot vinegar, The house sauce along with a mustard based one,Tabasco, and regular vinegar are on each table if you want them.

• Visited January 2013

Athens, Georgia
“Decent food, slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Decent barbecue... A little pricey. Sides weren't that great. The worst part was having to wait over 30 minutes for my food!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Belton, South Carolina
“Great Seasoning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Food had great seasoning but a litle pricy. I ordered food for a meeting I had for a group of women. Everyone raved about how good the food was. I also love the fried macarroni and cheese!

Visited July 2012
Iva, south carolina
“I expected the prezel bun to be hard but man they melt in your mouth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I love the barbque (pure meat) and stuffed high on a melt in your mouth preztel bun. Plenty of sides to chose from, not just fries. I love the fried okra and the turnip greens. A weird combination I know but try it before you knock it. My husband and I found this jewel by chance and now go often. We have taken our family from Austra there too and they always want to go back when they are here. Trendy setting arrangement, with some outside tables available. We may have a five or ten minute wait getting our food sometimes but isn't that where conversation with friends and family comes in? Once you get your food, the talking stops for a while. We love it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“A Great find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were buying a mattress next door for our newly purhased lake house...we asked what the food was like next door and all of the customers responded to us and said it was great...so we went and were delighted. We both get the pulled pork sandwich and I always add American cheese to mine. I can not STAND pulled pork with fat in it and couldnt belive it was so perfect! The owner came over and asked us how everything was (he knew we were new) and I mentioned how i loved that it had no fat and he said they use surgical gloves to pull the meat apart!
Now... We always make our trips to Anderson around lunch time so we an go back for lunch. We have enjoyed every visit....
We love the sweet potato fries and the sweet potato casserole. Not a cheap lunch but worth the price! Very good quality and have not had an issue with wait times. We even brought our family of 21 there over the summer while at Hartwell for family vacation. Everyone loved it ..even my dad who considered himself a barbeque expert!

• Visited July 2012