“awesome with kimberly at hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Anderson
Anderson, South Carolina
“awesome with kimberly at hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We were really pleased with the helpfulness of kimberly at the front desk always available to answer any question with a huge smile. Breakfast was true southern style, & delious. Thank you for the visit. We will be happy staying here when in Anderson.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Conway, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Little dusty in some areas. Our bathroom was not very clean. Looked like no one had cleaned behind the door in there in a month or two. I took wet tissues and picked up what I could. Breakfast was boring as they had the same thing every day. The A/C unit did not have a constant fan so it kept waking me up shutting on and off all night. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
andexGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anderson, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
We are under Construction and I am sorry that you found the bathroom to be a little dusty. It should not have been left that way. The bathrooms should have been cleaned thoroughly. I also seen that you were not happy with breakfast. I am sorry to hear that also. The breakfast is the same at every Holiday Inn Express you go to . It is set that way so no matter where you go you know that you will get the same variety. Holiday Inn Express has a wide variety of things on the breakfast bar. I am sorry that you did not enjoy them.
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We had to stay here during an event in the area and many hotels were full. It was clean enough but the staff was just awful. We asked for a bottle opener ("no, why should we have one of those?" - um, for the convenience of your guests, maybe? We asked for towels for the pool ("we don't give you new towels until you give us dirty ones" - what??? Even for a HI Express this was pretty dismal. English muffins were rock hard for breakfast. Avoid if you can.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anderson, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear RLA1016,

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We chose this HIE because it was located near the GA/ SC border, and a good place to stop after a long drive down from VA. THe HIE farther on were either in more congested areas, or more expensive. It turned out to be a very good choice.
We were greeted by the friendly staff as we arrived. The lobby and public areas were attractively decorated, as was our room, which was fully up to HIE standards of cleanliness. Bed and bath were clean and comfortable
BTW, the front desk person recommended a nearby restaurant, Wings and Things, because we were looking for something above the usual fast-food joints. It turned out to be a "place where the locals go" a comfortable bar/cafe, friendly and with very good food. We were quite pleased.
We had no idea what kind of place Anderson was going to be, but it seems to be a booming and prosperous growing community in sw SC.
The HIE is highly recommended for your overnight's stay I. This area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lincolnton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband made reservations for this hotel thru Holiday Inn's central booking. He called 8 hotels in this area and asked specifically for a room with a hot tub. The non-English speaking person for Holiday Inn told him they had hot tubs at this hotel and my husband asked if he was sure they had hot tubs and not whirlpool tubs for bathtubs. He was told several times it was a HOT TUB room. He lied...there are no hot tubs at this hotel. My husband called to complain and was brushed off like a piece of lint. So sorry... tough luck... Hotel room was good. I've always loved staying at Holiday Inn Express, but this really put us off. Also, this hotel has a Waffle House and McDonalds almost in the same parking lot and the noise level from the midnight party in the parking lot outside our window was horrible. We debated on whether to call the police... I wouldn't stay here again just because we were lied to.

Room Tip: Do not stay on front side looking into Waffle House & McDonalds parking lot. Unless you want to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anderson, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear S E R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I apologize for the inconvenience brought about by your reservation issues. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Tracy V.
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed one night before attending a wedding in nearby Williamston, SC. Great, quaint little inn with exceptional service.

Kim checked me in and recognized my Platinum status, offering me my Elite amenity package for *each* room that I had reservation. Her southern charm and big smile made my check in experience memorable.

Took my kids swimming in their outdoor pool during my stay. It was a little chilly, but my kids still loved it. Kim even brought us towels, as there were none out there.

Last kudos goes to big Mike at the front desk who honored a late check out request.

I'll be back here next time I'm in town!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rawson, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Location was close to resturants and gas stations. Got into location early with not issues with checking in early. Would love to stay in the area again to view local attractions. Enjoyed the room on 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anderson, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Jill B,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our great location. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Anderson? Share your experiences!