“Very Impressed for a last minute hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Anderson
Beaufort, SC
“Very Impressed for a last minute hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

VERY impressed! We booked this hotel last minute for the Clemson/Carolina game. Every single hotel surround this one was well over $200 for the night... We got a AAA rate for a little over $100 (and to my understanding it's typically a lot cheaper on non-game nights) and this hotel was JUST what we needed. PERFECT location right off of 85 and literally a straight shot to the stadium. Having never been to Clemson before we weren't sure what to expect but I would DEFINITELY stay here again (of course only if Clemson played Carolina again!). We typically stay at higher end hotels but these rooms seem to have been recently remodeled and very inviting. The fresh warm cookies at check-in were a plus and the breakfast was decent. We ate dinner at J Peters Grill and it was amazing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
gary t, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anderson/Clemson, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent sty at our hotel,
comments of this nature are invaluable in monitoring and improving our service to our guests.

We look forward to serving you the next time Carolina travels to Clemson, or any btime you find yourself in the Anderson / Clemson area.

Gary Timmons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
CINCINNATI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have several issues with this hotel. First, customer service needs improvement. All one person was busy servicing a customer, the other attendant proceeded to ramble through her purse and help another patron before even acknowledging I was standing there. Second, the rooms do not have an iron or ironing board. I originally thought someone removed them from my room previously but when I called the front desk I was informed only the suited have an iron and ironing board. What? Room rate is $100+ a night and basic items such as an iron/ironing board is not included? I think that is absolutely ridiculous. Third, the rooms are small and the walls are thin. I could here everything happening upstairs through the bathroom vent and one morning it sounded as if a rat was scratching the walls! Fourth, the breakfast was not appetizing at all. I ended up eating across the street at McDonalds. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

gary t, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anderson/Clemson, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Valued Guest,

I apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable, our staff works fairly hard to ensure
that we exceed our guest expectations, but obviously, in your case we failed.

From the mention of the $ 100.00 rates, it is obviouse that youe stayed during a football
weekend. During these weekends, we do raise our rates by $ 20.00 to $ 30.00, when our
competitors raise their rates by $ 75.00 to $ 100.00.

Concerning the lack of irons and ironing boards in the standard guest rooms, this is part
of the Microtel standard, however, we always have a supply available for guests, and I suppose
it would not hurt us if we slowly purchase enough irons and ironing boards to put them in all
of our guest rooms. Thank you for the suggestion.

I am most concerned about the member of our front desk staff who was searching her purse
instead of acknowledging a guest, and I can assure you that we will review your comments.

Again, I apologize for not satisfying your needs during your recent stay, and I appreciate your taking the time to comment on the events. I am confident we will use your comments to improve our service.

Gary Timmons
the time to make me aware

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anderson/Clemson? Share your experiences!